Deadlifts are the best all-around exercise

Deadlifts are the best all-around exercise

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pZgxkE-2QAw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm going to start doing them once I buy some ballet shoes.

Deadlift slippers

use your boyfriend's, faggot

They are. I stopped deadlifting after a back injury
I wasn't smart enough and I hurt myself and could face consequences for the rest of my life because of my unintelligence.
I do calisthenics more for my back now
Just wish I was more safe in the past

/thread

do i have to make that fart smelling face when I deadlift? Is that why my deadlift is so weak?

Isometric contraction isn't working out.

>deadlifts are the best exercise thread
>every second post is someone agreeing but also complaining about their snapped spine

o i love these ones

whatd you do?

Yes that is a requirement for high weight deadlifts

deadlifts are actually pretty safe compared to loaded good mornings

>looking up on lockout
no

>swimming with sharks is actually pretty safe compared to shooting yourself in the head

lol, except that with proper form deadlifts aren't really dangerous at all. you just need to not get ahead of yourself.

GMs on the other hand... it's normal with every exercise to stumble with a rep every now in again. one instance here could completely fuck you up since the bar has nowhere to go except down toward the back of your skull.

How much in terms on bodyweight x is impressive?

2.5x bw?
3x bw?

You have to "get ahead of yourself" to make muscle grow.

I just hit that terrible tipping point where my deadlift has gotten ahead of my grip strength. I don't want to use straps and I'm only using switch grip when necessary... what can I do to improve my grip? I've started on fingertip pull-ups and I just bought one of those squeezey hand grip things (I'm pretty sure that's the official name). Any suggestions for increasing my grip strength?

do you use chalk?

yeah they're great but don't think that just because they involve all your muscles they also build all those muscles. gotta do arm work if you wanna look big

i just started using straps rip, what weight you at?

No matter how bad the workout was, the deadlift always picks me up. It's like comfort food for the muscles. It makes me feel like I've been flying just after I finish them. The legs and lower back feel so light, a rush of endorphines pumping in my body.

Deadlift, I-I love you.

>deadlift faggot also wears ballet shoes

Seems about right.

If you want something with direct carryover to your grip for DL, weighted holds or fat bar DL. Farmer's walk is also great for grip strength.

Okay, agreed, but why does everyone who posts this not know how to spell "squats"?

Yes, a little bit, but you can be intelligent and predict your limits and put yourself in a situation where even if you fail you have a safe way to disengage.

Johan?

>been going to the gym for about two weeks
>some guy I went to highschool with is there
>he's fucking SHREDDED
>do deadlifts
>scared to death that I'm doing it wrong
>after I'm done shredded guy tells me my deadlifts were killer and I'll be huge in no time

I'm gonna make it guys

whats the correct way to do deadlifts.
terrified or injuring myself.

>t-thanks hodgetwins

just use straps bro, I got horrible callouses from mixed grip

2.5x is pretty decent, 3x is "stronger than nearly everybody at your gym" mode. Unless you're a 130 twink.

Depends entirely on your bodyweight.

kek he was just being nice, it takes people year(s) to get a perfect DL form down especially as you add weight

this
deadlift is bro science

>Deadlifts are the best all-around exercise

ya'll didnt even come back with another exercise just derped on reading comprehension

just hold the last rep of every deadlift set. Do this for a couple weeks and you're grip will increase.

I love all these DYEL fags talking about how it is IMPOSSIBLE to get injured with good form.

Come back when you are deadlifting six plates for reps.

I get sore in my flanks just above my ass/to the sides of my spine. I assume it's just because I'm horribly weak and my muscles are terrible.
I know I can add more weight but don't want to hurt myself.

>lifting without the fear of imminent death/disablement via the weight

Not ever going to make it

Question: I haven't done deadlifts for a couple years. How much weight should I start with? What sets?

Take your shoes off
> have to do it on the low at my gym

H O O K
O
O
K

Why are so many motherfuckers so afraid to hook grip

It doesn't hurt that bad

But no one on fit can do 4pl8 with good form tho

Because it doesn't give results immediately

you're inhaling metal particles from the plates, so yes your lift will go up about 20lbs if you do

Lol. Injuries can happen at any weight. Some people also are more prone to it than others.

youtube.com/watch?v=pZgxkE-2QAw

clean and press with a deep squat is the best single exercise

he did dead lifts.

sharks do not see humans as a primary food source, so if they are not hungry then you should be ok.

It's pretty terrible as a single movement, really. If it's heavy enough to be a worthwhile clean you're going to have zero effort involved in pressing it.

That's an intresting way to spell squats