/plg/ powerlifting general

/plg/ powerlifting general

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BKvunENApAM/
startingstrength.com/resources/forum/recovery/38117-question-bill-starr-rehab-muscle-pulls.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw about to go to The Training Hall this week after years of bullshitting and casual lifting for real training and programming
I'm so fucking excited but the anxiety is pretty much fucking killing me. Hopefully they won't think I'm too much of a weak fatass but I know I am. I can't wait to actually get my ass in gear.

Crush it lad. Why'd you bullshit so long?

Hey i finally got my other car back from the body shop after 2 years and a few months.

The one your brother cracked up?

You won't even be the weakest one there. You definitely won't be the fattest one there.

holy shit rts coaching is awesome. thanks for recommending them, i've got a lot to watch.

learn to drive manual yet, babby?

I did high school and college sports but didn't really push myself aggressively in the off season, plus depression bullshit a couple of years ago in college that wrecked what little gainz I had and almost fucked my life. If I had a time machine I would tell high school me to do 5/3/1 and stick with it during the summers, but since I can't do that the best time to start is now. Hopefully I'm still young enough to build myself up and have a good long run.

R8 h8 preci8?

instagram.com/p/BKvunENApAM/

You must be fuckin amped. They do good work?

Bryce is the fucking man. I have no recollection of specifically recommending them to anyone though?

I started this shit when I was 23 you can do it for sure laddo, and all that athletic experience is going to give a great foundation to build on.

Look better than mine.

That's not saying much tho.

low back injury, last thread.

1 - okay
2 - bad
3 - looked good

>twerking taintlifts
>no nosebleed
2/10, best I can do.

Wonder what trappys up to....

Really pissed off today, went in and tngd my previous bench max and then hit 2 plates for 10. Now just sitting here thinking I fucked up the rest of my training week

Man so much fuckery is going on...

I suggested you check out Bill Starr's rehab protocol

Then I though you said, TSA, and confirmed that Bryce Lewis is the fucking man.

Now I realize you're talking about RTS, which is Mike Tuchscherer, who is also a fuckin bro

But this: startingstrength.com/resources/forum/recovery/38117-question-bill-starr-rehab-muscle-pulls.html

is what I was suggesting you check out.

I STARTED DOING THE ELIPTICAL MACHINE TWO WEEKS AGO AND MY SQUAT HAS TAKEN A SHIT. WHAT DO? I'M ONLY USING IT FOR 15 MINUTES AFTER MY WORKOUT

>startingstrength.com/resources/forum/recovery/38117-question-bill-starr-rehab-muscle-pulls.html
i saw that as well lol

Stop eating like a sorority girl

Probably not the elliptical that's causing it, lad. Although consider not doing such a silly cardio machine, and consider only doing it once a week on a rest day.

What's a better machine? I had knee surgery and dont wanna cuck my joints on the treadmill
Everything else has been going up

Why not hit the pool on weekends?

I tried swimming but it hurts my left ankle

Idk what that means, but i have pain on the top of my ankle when i swim

Yea that one
I can drive manual I'm just not a fedora tipper so I don't.
Yea they did alright. Pretty stoked.

>That pinstripe

Six to midnight

Man, that looks terrific...

You can't drive manual that's why you drive the biggest pieces of shits known to mankind aka the jagshits aka Benchbeta drives a fucking babbymobile KILL YOURSELF

All things considered yea.

Benchbeta in his babbymobile
You can't make this shit up

Looks like benchbeta wanted to play tonka trucks with his babbymobile

>biggest pieces of shits known to mankind aka the jagshits

Sean, cmon now, that's a stretch and you know it.

> squats used to be least favorite exercise
> now my favorite
:)

You're telling me you actually saw a jagshit that wasn't broken down on the highway? Like ever? An operation jagshit ?

Speaking of cardio, I really need to start getting into it.

Anyone have suggestions for cardio that's low intensity (doesn't fuck my big 3) but still gets the job done?

I thought about just maybe speedwalking on the treadmill at the end of my short sessions

What did he do? Swipe a powerpole?

Guy at my gym has an XF and it gets my dick diamonds every time.

If you're gonna troll you gotta at least anchor it in a truth, so that it has the ability to hurt. Instead of attacking the make, you shoulda gone after the year.

Exact opposite happened to me.

Benchbabby probably accidentally the car into a pole

>driving a britcuck manufactured car

Writes itself ; need I say anything more ?

Swimming. Fun, relaxing, plus a little bit of back work

Did you guys know it's possible to actually do real cardio or play sports and still make gains?

Treadmill is become your friend, mang. That's the way to go. If you want to do something fun though... rope climbs and skipping.

Yea he put her into a telephone pole 2 weeks after we bought her.
There's literally nothing wrong with old classic cars.
I expected better from you.

I mean I could see maybe ring distracted switching speeds as a new driver and driving it into a pole but did you unironically drive your babby mobile into a post because you're a shit babby child driver ? That's embarassing

Consider suicide

And I sure as shit hope the municipality made you pay for the repair to their infrastructure for being a retarded child

Mustangs, impalas, camaros etc
Are all really good classics

With that said benchbabbys jagshits are probably the worst possible thing you could buy on this planet

>There's literally nothing wrong with old classic cars.

Pal, I was just trying to help Sean l2troll. Pic related, a young me, and my love for classic cars

McLaren would like a word.

Yeah man, where have you been?

McLaren, Aston, Bentley, rolls, jaguar, land rover...

Honestly from the years 1900- 2017 I can't think of a decently built jagshit

They're just a piece of shit tBh

There is something wrong with old classic car
> let me buy a car that's done a shiload of mileage going to rape my locker in maintenance because it looks cool
You are a manchild with no Concept of money since your parents just gifted you a car.
A responsible independent adult would have bought a later model used car with low miles.

He's gone psychotic lads..

>Mustangs,
>Good classic car

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HOLY FUCK

Sean BTFO by HIMSELF

Jesus how can someone have such bad taste? Yeah man, you want a reskinned for Falcon for way too much $$$? No PROBLEM

Will he ever recover, lads?

>120k miles
>high miles
Lol okay kid.
>later model used car
Like an 07 Maserati?

Also if you drive manual do you also use a quill and ink to write out all papers? How many zoot suits do you own?

>He thinks Astons aren't pure sex on wheels

Oh jeeze your poor taste in cars is a gift that keeps on giving

>he doesn't appreciate a 1969 mustang

Godamn i bet you're a I bet you live
In hongcouver or its immediate island driving a Chinese and/or otherwise chibk manufactured truck he bought uses off autotrader and also killed his ex gf last December which he has since mysteriously shut up about and wot respond to any posts concerning his breakup/her suspicious death

>Like an 07 Maserati?

SEAN DRIVES A FIAT OH GOD THIS JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER

PIC RELATED IT'S SEAN'S CAR HE PARKS AT HIS ESTATE

OMG this is the first time I ever felt the need to actually harm a child what te fuck is this generation holy fuck

>benchbeta too lazy to drive stick
Typical fat american pig

This is who you are agreeing with a literal automatic babby

Jesus lad, Mustangs were absolute fucking trash, unless we're talking about the rare Boss, until literally THIS YEAR. Admittedly the current gen mustang is absolutely wonderful and kicks the shit out of the current gen Camaro.

You should be able to remember some of the nineties to post on Veeky Forums

I'd rather get in bed with someone who would fry my clutch than someone who unironically buys an italian car.

You're just a fucking idiot fuckface

There I said it

It's out of my system

You know you're
An idiot fuckface

And I fell better

Why don't youu purchase and drive a babby mobile jagshit with benchbabby alreadh

>T. I drive a Chinese manufactured truck I bought used off autotrader and btw Jaguars are good cars; the post

>rope climbs
Wouldn't this be more strength based?
Rope skipping is a great idea though

Depends how good your technique and upper body strength is.

Cause I got one of these now

'MURICA

Veeky Forumsut

I hope your imbalanced piece of shit flips over during the winter and kills you

>not driving a 2006 chevy aveo with 230000 miles.

Faggots

>Live in B.C.

What is winter? Is that when it rains a bit more?

>depends how good your upper body strength is

I really want to be at the point where I can treat rope climbs as cardio fuck. I can only bench 2plateish and do a dozen pullups at most so I'm pretty far off

I hope your truck hydroplanes and flips out and kills you kek

You get really dark when you're cornered.

I don't like it when we fight.

Squats became more fun the more i did them

>Tfw 4runner with 310000 miles
I love my car. Also, literally who?

I did gymnastics. Rope climbs for me are easy enough to be considered cardio. I usually do them after a deadlift/row day.
This. None of that crosshit form.
Tbh you sound ready to do them on a regular basis. Twinkism is also a bonus, so yay.

I saw a machine that was like an endless rope climb, it looked like the tightest shit and i wish i could use one.

An alternative to rope climbs, assuming Lith has the equipment, is using the hand-over-hand method to rope pull a sled or similar. Much more loadable than rope climbs but more space/gear required.

Thanks guys and the other guy who replied but I cba to you him

These are actually probably more feasible as my gym doesn't have a rope hanging from the ceiling

Sled stuff is great cardio

ur mum is great cardio

hahaha you got him fucking stupid ass tripnigger

If sled stuff is good cardio, maybe light farmers walks are good too?

Love me some farmers walks

They can be, but they'll tend to tear up your hands if you're not careful.

Depends on the sort of cardio you're going for though.

Totes fo shotes

nn lads can't really come back from anons sick burn so i'm out

5x10 squats are excellent cardio. Light farmers walks sound fun though. Trying to get as heavy as I can with them though. Hopefully 3 pl8 in 2 months or less.

Would probably use straps if I went for a tonne of volume

Nn

>hopefully 3pl8 in 2 months

Wat
I farmers walk 4 plate no problem, you should have no issue lad.

Farmers walks weights are generally given as per hand, not overall.

Oh, I use the hex deadlift bars for farmers walks. 4plate loaded each side

Yeah. That's far, far easier than an actual farmers walk.

>citation needed

I've done both. I'm a strongman trainee who happens to lurk here rather than a proper powerlifter. The hex bar is easier because its one solid frame with a good knurling. Farmers implements bounce around independently during the walk, are typically thicker than the standard barbell size and usually have no knurling.

Even in actual strongman, the frame carries (which are more or less akin to a hex bar walk, although still often with a thicker/less grippy handle) tend to be much heavier than the farmers walks. They're just easier to do.

That makes sense. surely it wouldn't be that hard to stabilise the farmers by your side though? As long as you keep a constant velocity in one direction, it doesn't seem like they'd swing around a lot

Do something, literally anything that isn't too taxing and get your heart going you lazy fuck. Run, ride, swim. Push the fucking prowler (my favourite). Do some fucking sprints. Who gives a shit it doesn't matter, it's just getting your heart racing and breathing hard. It's not that fucking complicated you little shits.

>Doing farmers walks with 94% of my max
WEW

It's very hard. Because they're long, and turning is an absolute bitch, if it's required. Try doing a hold with a barbell, one handed. That's as close as you'll get to it without actually using the handles.