So, today DNA test results showed me I'm 89% spanish and 11% irish. I don't want a debate about those tests...

So, today DNA test results showed me I'm 89% spanish and 11% irish. I don't want a debate about those tests, I just want to know the answer of this question if somebody has the proper information.
What historical events led to the mixture of Irish and Spanish?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/celts-descended-from-spanish-fishermen-study-finds-416727.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_of_the_Earls
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_of_Tetuán
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_military_diaspora#Spain
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The mutt invasions of EUrope

I heard some of the old Tercios had good relation with irishmen, idk if thats true anyway

The Great Emigration of Anons Great grandfather to the Iberian peninsula and following Grand Pillaging of Anons Great grandmas cunt

>What historical events led to the mixture of Irish and Spanish?

probably nothing apart from your irish ancestors moving to spain, maybe your great grand parents or something.

hmm... I was hoping an interesting historical event haha... But thank you for your answer!

Maybe a famine drove your ancestors away.

Part of the Spanish armada got shipwrecked in Cork. The survivors stayed in the country and bred with the locals. To this day people in the south of the country are darker and speak with really weird accents.

People can travel and have sex, you know.
As a friend point out when asked about the history behind his heritage:
>Just two people who meet on a saturday night on the old part of the town.

That would have sense if I were irish and had 89%irish and 11% spanish, ut not the other way around.
That a fucking good answer. ty.

Maybe Celts in both places were related
independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/celts-descended-from-spanish-fishermen-study-finds-416727.html

Interesting article, dont trigger britains

that's all fine, but where do you live, user>?

the "redhead" Gene took place first in Basque country in Spain, genetic studies have shown that these people migrated to different places, one of them is Ireland. and generally England.

That's a stupid myth.

I am Irish, but also have a trace amount of Spanish due to one of my mother's ancestors going into the British Navy and bringing home a Spanish bride. Your mixture is likely from a scenario not too unlike that- people throughout history move and intermingle.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_of_the_Earls
After the Spanish armada was defeated the Catholic nobility fled to Spain.

More likely some prewar immigrants but anyway.

This is not true. We know the names of all 19 survivors of the Armada who got shipwrecked in Ireland and they were all repatriated to Spain by a local Irish Nobleman.

And yes, there were just 19 of them.

could be basque whalers, they could reach Iceland so why not

If you are Spanish you should have seen pic related in the school. Surnames like O´Higgins, O´Donnell or Blake have been linked to Spanidh History.
People have always moved from a place to another, migrants are not a XXth phenomena.

A lot of Irish looked for Spanish help in their struggle agaisnt England, some of them settled in Spain after their failed uprisings.

I'm living in Catalonia, with aragonese, andalusian and catalan family. Yes, I'm a charnego.

What century are we talking about? I heard those test can reach 5 hundred years ago. I'm not sure though

Assuming you're Spanish and not an Amerigoblin I'd wager it was maybe a volunteer for either side during the civil war, so check that out if you know anything about it, I wouldn't go so far back as the Flight of the Earls, Spanish Armada or the fucking Milesians like some people think to do though. Most boring answer is it was just some immigrant most likely male from Ireland a century ago.

My whole family is spanish, I know that my great grand parents were spanish ( and their whole descendents ) from both sides, mother and father.

While we're on the topic of Ireland and genetics, what is the explanation for many Scott's-Irish having curly or black hair? Was it the natives of the British Isles that had that hair color? I remember seeing a man interview people in Scotland and there were a few with naturally black hair and had kids with black hair but both they and the children had glowing blue eyes and skin as pale as a ginger.
Very curious since I've got curly hair from my Scottish father.
>pic related

probably just some rando immigrant then, my money would be on some lad during the famine who thought the new world was too far and hated England and Scotland

anyway, tomorrow or next day I'll post my mother's results, maybe that lights the whole thing. She's blue eyed though( we got the test together )

Look up Black Irish.

One of your great grandparents was an Iberian you fucking mong

Can I get a quick rundown? I'll take a look at it (as long as it's not a joke).

This. It would amount to 12.5% of OP's genes which matches perfectly.

It's a joke. One of the most common stereotypes about the Scottish is that they are cheapo bastards who could suffocate the Queen on a fiver.

it's a meme, "hardline" protestants/real protestants there are nuts with the jewish stuff

there and in norn iron*

I guess you wanted to say one of my great grandparents was irish. Actually, they werent. I lost my register in my great great grandfather, who actually fought in the Spanish-American war in 1898.
By the numbers, can I know if that man was my great-great-grandfather or great-great-grandfather? I mean Its position approximately in the genealogical tree?

>89% spanish and 11% irish

Where do you live? If it's the US it's pretty sure to assume a senorita and potatonigger once boned.

Northwest Spain and north Portugal are celtic.

Also, I've read mariners form the spanish invencible armada managed to swim to the coast and Irish people (which not only were also catholic but they shared the spanish hate towards England) hosted them.

Then probably Celtic admixture that's more common in Ireland than Spain. Spain was inhabited by Celts and Carthaginians before Romans came and ruined everything.

I'm living in Catalonia: aragonese, andalucian and catalan descendents.

That would explain many things if I were 89% irish and 11% spanish, but not the other way around, don't you think?

>I've read mariners form the spanish invencible armada managed to swim to the coast and Irish people (which not only were also catholic but they shared the spanish hate towards England) hosted them.
There were only eight survivors of the Spanish Armada living in Ireland in 1596. There had been 27 originally but 19 of them had been sent to Scotland, whose ambassador to Spain then arranged their journey home. Eight people isn't going to cause any genetic impact at all.

Assuming your great grandfather was not Irish or Spanish, and hooked up with your Spanish/Irish Great Grandmother sometime in the past century, you could be descendant of Celtiberians which iirc were the inhabitants of Spain around Roman times.

I supposed you were from Ireland, not the other way around.

Weren't they a couple hundreds?

sorry for the missunderstanding, I'm spanish

How recently is this admixture? Because it can simply be from ancient migrations before people like Spanish and Irish didn’t exist

>Was it the natives of the British Isles that had that hair color?
yes

>I remember seeing a man interview people in Scotland and there were a few with naturally black hair and had kids with black hair but both they and the children had glowing blue eyes and skin as pale as a ginger.
thats a common phenotype in celtic countries.
The palest europeans have black, brown or ginger hair, not blond. Most Blondes in fact more tanned in complexion then your average non-blond european

During the 19th century large numbers of Irish people were in Spain, some as priests travelling the catholic diocese career route for the church. Wellingtons army brought a lot of Irish people into Spain and as Catholics they would have prayed with the locals and many i expect would have stayed after the war or returned later having found partners or communities they liked.

Are you really dumb or a troll?

Don't trust those tests.

According to the Lebor Gabllah, Ivernians(true name of Irish) are Iberians.

And it is most likely true because Iberians spoke the oldest Q-Celtic(with some dialects in Gaul) language.

Irish military units served all over Europe after they got expelled

Fun fact for you niggers: sailing from the south of Ireland, you can get to northern Spain faster than Western France.

Some of the Spanish fleet was blown of the coast of Ireland during a failed invasion of England, A few ships wrecked off the coast

Irish exiles move to Catholic Spain.

Listen user, thousands of Irish fled in 16th 17th century to Spain, many served in Spanish Army as officers and Generals and many setttld. Its highly likely you are one of those descendants. Look up Flight of the earls, treaty of Limerick If you want to know more.

Almost all western europe, was celtic somehow.

This "Irish" stuff just means generic Celtic influence.

No it didn't. Iberians don't have much red hair.
Red hair might come from the steppe though since Udmurts have a lot of it.

le 89% face

Pretty British.

MY NIGGA LEO.

Check this shit out.
Leo was Primeminister of spain for a good while
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_of_Tetuán

I'm currently reading a book on the War in the Three Kingdoms and just found this bit that might interest you.
Apparently after Cromwell's conquest of Ireland it's estimated around 40 to 50 thousand Irish soldiers left Ireland and enlisted in the armies of the continental kingdoms, almost all of them in Catholic kingdoms such as France and Spain.
Perhaps one of your ancestors was an Irishman who shacked up with a local woman.

kek

The Irish are descended from Galician immigrants. They brought their chariot technology and herding animals to the island.
It's like no one here read any Morgan Llewelynn growing up.

>really weird accents
t. someone who has no idea what he's talking about
Ireland has multiple different accents, some of them wildly different because the country was spot into multiple kingdoms for a long time
That's why there's at least four different dialects of Irish

>spot
split

I'd wager it was probably during the Irish Famine, and some Irishman immigrated to a nearby catholic nation instead of protestant England or the New World.
I'm primarily of Spanish descent and also have some random Irish blood actually, as do some of my friends.

A lot of Irishman left for spain because of the British conquests. The spanish received so many soldiers they formed a couple of regiments of Irishmen.

Regimento de Infantería de Hibernia (1705– )
Regimento de Infantería de Irlanda (1702– )
Regimento de Infantería de Limerick (1718– )
Regimento de Infantería de Ultonia (Ulster) (1718– )
Regimento de Infantería de Wauchop (1715– )
Regimento de Infantería de Waterford (1718– )

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_military_diaspora#Spain

for more reading