God I fucking hate commerical gyms so fucking much...

God I fucking hate commerical gyms so fucking much. I can't even fucking lift heavy without people getting fucking freaked out!

>That guy who lifts with his girlfriend
>That guy who only lifts with his bum buddy boyfriend and all they do is curls and bench

For those who lift at black iron gyms, how much are you paying a week for your membership?

I paid £25 a month at my old hardcore gym.
Had to move to Bolton tho and at a big commercial gym full of fuccbois who leave dumbells everywhere but the dumbell racks.

Vernon Kay and Peter Kay. Thanks a fucking bunch Bolton.

If 1/2/3/4 takes you over a year you should end your life

You know for some people who are athletic and big 1/2/3/4 can be done in 1 year.

As for commercial gyms:

>weak ego lifting asians everywhere
>asians sitting ankle on knee on phone for 30 minute rest sets inbetween light weight machine exercise
>asians slamming massive 70kg deadlifts on floor and shouting like they're setting WR
>PTs giving literal meme advice to clients
>Stay away from free weights
>bosu ball overhead work
>half rep bench presses
>quarter rep squats
>floor made out of compressible rubber can't re-rack squats when heavy
>no chalk allowed

kek, 1/2/3/4 took me 6 months.

Not everyone starts off without any strength base.

kek, I made it after 2 weeks and I was a total skelly. Why u so weak, bro?

As an Asian myself, I hate seeing this. It embarrasses me. So on behalf of my people I apologize.

Haven't been on Veeky Forums for a while what is this 1/2/3/4 about

>squatting 2.5pl8
>people stop to watch

>tfw 1/2/3/4 took you 6 years

2 injuries, a car accident and just enjoying lifting for 4 years as a stress relief doing fun shit like pull up challenges instead of training properly but actually here finally

Depends greatly on your BW though, I'm only 150lbs

I know its hard for for people like you to believe, but if you have a history of manual labour, eat a lot, have a history of sports, its not that difficult.

1 plate, OHP, 2 plate bench, 3 plate squat, 4 plate deadlift.

60/100/140/180 Press/Bench/Squat/Dead

This is the only benefit to commercial gyms, everyone looking sideways trying not to watch when you lift 5+plate.

Just watch nobody cares.

1 plate OHP, 2 plate bench, 3 plate squat, 4 plate deathlift.

Is that lb or kg?

kg.

>>That guy who lifts with his girlfriend
That'd be me. Wife now. And toddler.
And she outsquats and outdeadlifts the millenial collage students. Out OHPs them too, but that's because they all get DNS.

>For those who lift at black iron gyms, how much are you paying a week for your membership?
I pay per month, or actually, when I remember to pay. There is no membership, just a notebook of regulars, which nobody actually reads.
It's ~20 Euro per month for men and 17.5 Euro for women.
3.5 Euro for a single visit.

All those include the lifting area plus the room which has 'Sauna' on the door, has soft floor, punching bags, sand bags in it and no ventilation.
It's in an unused basement area of a primary school. Also, you can buy pre-workout over the counter and there's a fridge for roids under the counter. Pinning help is free of charge.

What's DNS

>60/100/140/180 Press/Bench/Squat/Dead
No, it's actually 61.25kg/102kg/143kg/184kg.

Pl8s are 45lbs, us Euros have to add microplates to qualify.

>TFW the plates in my gym are 20.6kg, because non-standard rubber is 600g on the 20kg plates

Did Not Start. As opposed to DNF, which is Did Not Finish.

>Just moved to some suburb
>Live like right next to Planet Fitness, $10 a month ain't bad desu
>Another gym that's much smaller but not Planet Fitness is a bit farther away
>Looked into the place, looks like it has everything you want with no bullshit...
>except it's around $25 a month with a $50 membership opening fee or some stupid shit like that
No way I'm going there desu.
Should I just invest into a home gym or something

No idea what those mean

are you a poorfag or something? the 2nd option really isn't that bad

i've seen gym's with a $100+ starting fee

Cheers bro

>these are the people posting on Veeky Forums
>random DYELs who cannot into basic sport terms

How fucking basic can you get?

Well, I haven't really played sport and I've only just started working out. Go figure

fuck off autist

>Oh, a skinny DYEL (whatever the fuck that means) what wants to get fit but has never been into fitness until now and is attempting to educate himself? Ha, helping him get informed would be counter-intuitive, better call him basic :^)

If 1/2/3/4 takes you over a month strongly consider suicide

If you're not at elite level after 3 sets, you should not only kill you but your entire family.

>doing fun shit like pull up challenges instead of training properly
sounds fun, some time ago i would frown upon something like this but now its inspiring.

It 4pl8 don't lift themselves when you walk into the room, you should suicide-bomb the white house.

Why do you fucking care how people work out in the gym, or with whom? You should care about your own workouts and progress. Obviously if they're gonna break their backs you should help them but otherwise be glad they're not at home eating instant meals on the couch

I pay £11 a month for pure gym in Salford, but there's nobody strong in there. I'm probably in the top three if not the strongest overall and I'm only at 190/125/240

>there are people ITT who didn't hit 2/3/4/5 within their first 6 weeks of lifting