Fitness Planet Thread

Eurofag here, can some of you, mericans tell me, what are the memes of Planet Fitness about ? I see hundreds of people saying that it's a shithole, but i have no idea about the merit of the deal. Care to elaborate ?

It's a 10$ a month gym membership, it's actually alright I mean it's not stellar and it lacks shit but for 10$ you can do worse.

I mean hell even as just a cardio den the ten bucks is worth it.

They sometimes lack squat racks and their freeweights generally go up to 75lbs. You aren't going to become natty king but it' s good lateral step

>It's a gym that offers free pizza.

I could stop there but there are way more reasons why it is shit.
Some don't allow you to be shirtless and imagine a gym full of normies who aren't really committed or treat the gym equipment like a cheap whore.

I felt the same at first, OP. But then a couple of my female companions told me to try it out with them.
>n-no homo

So this was my experience:
>be me
>be 130 manlet irish fuck who doesn't even lift
>walk in
>see clerk nigger not doing anything
>tyrone sees me with two chicks
>can see the ape hunger in his inferior eyes
>smile and look around the place
>back row of treadmills ahead, most filled row
>look to the right, see a couple lads probably more poor than me hittin delts and bis mostly
>weights look fucking massive. like my 35's looked like 50's.
>remember that this place is just a giant faggot-ridden ego booster
>we get past the nigger gatekeeper
>got my free one-time pass and shit
>notice immediately that there are no paper towels to wipe shit off in sight, just jizz-covered fuzzy hand towels
>i just go in the back yoga room and do pullups and shit to pass the time since i hated this fucking place
>female companions come to see me
>drenched in sweat, wanna finish and go back to my actual gym
>girls comment on how gross i must smell
>they go back to their "treadmill routine"
>mfw i'm glad i don't pay for this shit

No deadlifting, Smith machines, no squat racks, its marketed as a safe space

>going shirtless in the gym.

>Not wanting to check yourself out in the mirror

Why even live?

>Checking yourself out at the gym

Vanity of vanities.

So basically just an ego boosting gym for normies ? Any other stories about it ?

No other stories, I dropped that shit harder than nagasaki. But yes, it is literally only catering for normies who don't have the willpower to actually better themselves.

>ohoho, you go to planet fitness as well? my my, i too visit planet fitness AT LEAST 5 times a week!!!

This is what it's for. It even has cult-like mantras on the wall like "You belong here," "no critics," "no lunks," etc...

Fuck me ....

They conned me into a $20 a month membership when I wanted a $10 membership. Then they fail to mention yearly fees you have to pay in October.

On top of that to cancel your membership (at least at my local one) you have to write a letter stating your reason for cancelation.

All in all it was the worst decision of my life.

The only people who will benefit from planet fitness are middle aged women and older men. If it is your only option or its close to your house than I would say go for it. Otherwise find a real gym.

It's surprisingly good for picking up girls and getting laid.
I only go there for cardio.

>>drenched in sweat, wanna finish and go back to my actual gym
>>girls comment on how gross i must smell
so I take it they arent used to people sweating at the gym?

Dude they """"""worked out""""" for like 25 minutes. Shit was not worth the time. Everything I did was basically a heavy warm-up. They're the type of people who don't know the pain and strain of pushing yourself.

Sad times, bb.

I'm canceling my membership, just going to use my Uni's gym. There's something fishy about Planet Fitness's treadmills, it takes minimal effort to do a mile in like 4 minutes, even increasing the angle and level. I'm sure the fat fucks and old pill poppers could manage it. Plus I hate the commercial aesthetic of it, makes me want to die

they only have smith machines too

>No deadlifting, Smith machines, no squat racks, its marketed as a safe space
No dropping weights
No yelling
Pizza monday
No dumbells over 80
No barbells over 60
That being said ..they have a ton of cardio equipment, weight machines, smith machines and cables...so for $10 mo its worth it

When I go there during the day it's total shit. There is a woman bitch working there who thinks she's the law. Actually they have like 6 people working there. Obviously 5 of them will have nothing to do but be gay. When I go late at night there's just 1 chill dude and PF is good.

Rektd

>no dropping weights
>no yelling

this is actually legit, considering the half-monkey DYEL's in my gym thinking they're ronnie coleman.