Reminder that the strength base is a meme

Reminder that the strength base is a meme.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xTDapcklnV8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=bRevyyFM82w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>progressing linearly with too high of a rep range to maximize strength response
>doing anything but a linear progression program as a novice
DYELs at reddit?!?! Color me painfully unsurprised.
Here is what a professional bodybuilder and doctorate in exercise science has to say on the subject
m.youtube.com/watch?v=xTDapcklnV8
Also pic

the holy distinction between hypertrophy and strength is a meme, jokes on you

>DYELs

That subreddit is full of competitive bodybuilders

Veeky Forums is full of skinnyfat pseudo powerlifters

>inb4 muh steroids

>ignore what coaches who have trained with natties for decades have to say, listen to this roid monkey instead!

Who are these coaches? Rippetoe?

Rippetoe and all the other coaches under his starting strength brand certainly come to mind

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Rippetoe is a strength coach (not even a good one) who knows nothing about training for hypertrophy.

Jim scheaffer
Justin lascek
Eric helms
Alberto nunez
Jeff nippard
Dr. Mike israetel
Menno henselmans
Et al

nice list man.

>strength training isn't hypertrophy training
See the picture and video in

>le 6 month trainee looks bad meme
kys

Thanks.

don't forget the part where linear progression is objectively best for novice lifters

Try doing LP with high reps.

Sure it's fine for a single training session, but it fucks your progression scheme

Cunts talking about tonnage and not factoring in intensity always grinds my gears

also, I thought the amount of data supporting the 'two forms of growth' is kinda incomplete?

Mind muscle connection and time under tension are the keys to hypertrophy.

That is only following rip's absurd caloric recommendation

Pic is 6 months of greyskull on a deficit from skinnyfat mode

Couldn't this be solved by microplates? because lower weights so if you're incrementing at 5lb on any lift, the % is much higher?

There aren't "two forms of growth"

You get sarcoplasmic growth from total training volume (setsxrepsxload)
Re watch the video

>he's back with the pictures again

just lift another year before you post body pics to prove anything fag

>dyels

I'm sorry lad but people on r/bodybuilding compete and people on Veeky Forums are skinnyfat virgins lifting for

>use less progressive overload to get more hypertrophy
Retarded as fuck.

Training muscular endurance is only good if you intend to progress on reps, not on weight. Save that for after the noob gains

TUT is a meme
m.youtube.com/watch?v=bRevyyFM82w
What really matters is not neglecting the eccentric portion of a lift. I.e. Not half repping

It's recommended to beginners because it works faster
Person who trains at 4-8 rep range will achieve much higher stats much faster than a person who trains exclusively in 8-15 rep range

And who's gonna be bigger?
A guy that benches 250x5 or a guy that benches 205x10 (given that they have same genetics, etc.)

Right but all the top qualified and educated experts are where i source my info from, not shitposters

I said in that thread i was DYEL before even posting my pic.
I said I hesitated to post it because of my DYELness.

It still proved my arms are proportionally overdeveloped without ever isolating them.

I never claimed to look good.

A guy who benches 250x5 1rms about 285

A guy who benches 205 1rms about 270

So the bigger guy is the guy who does 4x10 @ 205 vs 250 1x5 because muscle growth responds to volume too.

Look for people who coach pro bodybuilders not pro powerlifters.

Isn't sarcoplasmic the increased stores vs. fiber expansion, right? I thought sarcoplasmic was still kinda dubious.

Also, tonnage \ total volume, doesn't factor in intensity, which I thought was important to growth stimulus? Otherwise I'd be able to achieve same total volume doing 1 x 25 reps @ 120lb, and I find it very difficult to believe that'd provide adequate stimulus either way, so there's definitely more at play than tonnage, right?

>less progressive overload
Clearly you're pretty new if you think smaller increments aren't necessary at a point, there's only so long you can sustain a 2-3% relative increase in weight every time you train a lift and you're not doing periodized training etc etc.

I cited eric helms, and brad schoenfeld.

I also can cite jeff nippard and menno henselmans, if you would like.
As well as dr. Mike israetel.

All these people are where i got my information from, and they are all professional bodybuilders who have coached other pro bbers

Menno might not have his pro card, but he is at the natty limiy

>at a point
We are talking NOVICE LINEAR PROGRESSION
Not intermediates fucking with stalled put OHP

Stop moving the goalposts

There is an intensity threshhold, but controlling for volume (setsxrepsxload) you get the same growth at the same total training volume, whether that be at 35 reps or 3 reps.

Brad schoenfeld did a number of studies showing this conclusively, which are referenced in this picture

I know for sure that "linear progression" isn't the only program a novice (and an experienced) can use, but Veeky Forums knows only SS and a couples of other routines

You can't fight their holy bible

I also find that a rigid distinction between hypertrophy vs strength (or endurance) is kinda wrong, still there are programs totally unknown here (but proficient and with verifiable literature) that would be impossible to discuss, since there's no "best-seller" meme book around those usually

Cite me one single expert BB or coach who is natty and doesnt recommend LP for beginners.

I tell you right now all the 3dmj guys recommend ss or similar routines

>progressively overloading total training volume (setsxrepsxload) is the ONLY factor for muscle growth
>linear progression is the fastest, most efficient way to progressively overload training volume
>it is somehow wrong because strength is bad
Kys

>Strength=size

>implying that isn't the natty limit
Boy are you in for some serious disappointment