Does anyone on Veeky Forums ride bikes for exercise?

Does anyone on Veeky Forums ride bikes for exercise?

How do you guys recover from long rides and how many times a week can/do you ride?

I'm relatively new to riding and my quads are destroyed after 20+ mile rides.

>inb4 bro do you even toast?
youtu.be/S4O5voOCqAQ

Ride at a lower gear and you'll be able to ride longer and your recovery time will improve.

That's the thing, while a lower gear is slightly easier to pedal, its mentally draining having to pedal more just to go slower.

I'm sure I'll get over that the more I ride.

Just got this yesterday

Fuji track classic 299$ the only bad component of the bike is the shitty plastic pedals with shit cages but I'm going to buy clip ins soon

About to go on my first real ride

Fixed gear, and no I'm not some "fixie" hipster faggot I just like the idea of not being able to stop pedaling because it's a better workout

I usually do 3 bike rides/week one of which is a longer one about 40+ miles.
Took a while to get used to it but now its no problem. Don't have any real recovery time as the other days i run and do spinning but I find that its no problem as long as you eat well and sleep well.

Keep your cadence at 80-90rpm, this is where your legs are most efficient.

You'll soon realize you are going faster for the same amount of effort/power

How the fuck are you supposed to do uphills in a fixed gear?

Never saw one where i live and i dont really get the meme

My bike

Anyone else who does tribiking?
Only do tri now but am doing a regular biking race in the spring so need to get a regular racer now as well.

lol dude i rode 60 miles for fun before i even started doing any sports, turn down your pace, its not like you can get anything other than cardio gains at 20+ miles

how do you get not prostate to hurt every time you sit on this kind of a tiny seat and lean forward??

Mountain biking in the mountains cause I'm alpha and don't have a 4x4

Road bikes fuck full up my back and neck

Try sitting aero, it's a real bitch in the beginning.

They're not good for hilly areas.

OP here. I bought a fixie a couple of weeks ago and I can tell you its a joke.

I got an actual Felt road bike a couple days ago and I can now actually get a workout.

Trust me, return it if you can. Your body will thank you, especially your knees.

/n/

It probably doesn't fit you properly then.

/n/ is the slowest fucking board on here. That's why I came to Veeky Forums

true, but if you actually want good cycling/cardio advice i'd ask there. do you really think you're gonna get any decent advice from fatass powerlifters?

I just started biking 3 weeks ago too but only 20 miles a ride 2x a week. I squat 3x a week, so my quads hate me.

Bought a roller to train indoors

Bought a bike a few months back and I ride it everywhere now. Just keep riding man it gets easier

give your fixie another shot too, don't be a bitch

Put some brakes on it ASAP

This. You need a front brake at a minimum. Don't get other people hurt because you feel for the meme.

Yeh. I rude in time trials and club races.....I don't even lift.
I cycle about 15-20 hours per week.

I use rego recovery whilst I do my post ride stretches. Then eat real food after I have a shower

>mah bike

feels good

romp romp

why though? i mean its retarded in hilly areas but whtat is the issue other than needing way too much or too less energy for some routes

This. Fixies are a meme.....back in the day guys would use them in the off season (winter) as they wouldn't need to keep rebuilding/cleaning their gears getting crudded up with mud+grit. Modern gears (even sora-tier) are pretty resilient. Also they would argue it improves your cycling form (souplesse)..... I'd say that's bullshit. Plenty of pro cyclists (not froome) have impeccable form and have never sat on a fixie in their life.

Fuxies are for track racing and hipster scum.

I have multi bikes, and can say fixies have their place. However if it's your ONLY bike, then lol. You're lying to yourself that it's better. It's like buying a car with a manual, and you lie to yourself that it's superior to automatics.

Components even on cheap bikes are robust, you just need to take the time and effort to adjust then and dial them in. High end Shimano stuff just doesn't need as much tinkering to get it settled the way you like it.

Rollerblades

>sport chek bike
>everything starts to fuck up
JUST

yea lets see your body though

>hands go numb
>low back hurts
>bottom of nut sack is rubbed raw

>riding
>legs are getting tired as fuck
>see a big obese guy just fly right past me

the fuck

I've been riding about 200 miles a week for 3 years now and I'm 124 lbs and 5'9" and I'm kinda sick of it even though I'm pretty fast now

what lifting routine do I need to do

I've gone down to only about 20 miles a day and started doing squats/DL one day then bench/OP the next

what should i do?

on the right track. Since your body is so used to being as efficient as possible with all the cardio (even if you rode some hills or lower cadence) you're doing good with the Squats DL, bench, overhead press. Aim for low reps, high weight.

I was driving behind an old guy cycling at 45 mp/h yesterday, didn't even know you could cycle that fast.

Best way to recover from riding is just ride more.

Ride when it hurts, ride when it doesn't. Its the only sure way to go further on a bike.

I ride a Specialized Hardrock just about everywhere which is great on our shitty roads but having to run my cable lock through every quick release component is annoying (thieves will take anything they can around here).

I salvaged a cheap old Murray 10 speed I stripped and was rebuilding all summer. New paint job, plasti-dip some parts, polished others.

Didn't get it finished and riding season is almost over, so it will be my attention focus come Spring when I need a distraction during my cut.

bikes are gay, only fags, girls and old people ride bikes. weakens ypur bones too, just run faggot

Sounds like somebody skinned a knee growing up

Thats exactly what I was saying. I think you mistake me for some who thinks fixes are a good thing.

> nearly there

>Yes
>Get off bike until tomorrow
>5-7 days a week 10-15 miles a day sometimes do 20+ (21 miles today in1hr 40mins in my neighborhood)
> No I don't toast - never watched the video either

I ride a fairly nice hybrid 700c Raleigh most days, average about 15-16 mph on a flat level surface with little wind. My neighborhood has a ton of Hills & a bunch of intersections killing my time, but it's easier & a better use of my limited time than getting to the bike path....

Bike path is way easier though

Just picked this up last week as a backup bike

manual is superior, sorry. may not more comfortable, but more efficient and fun

i have 11 scars on my left and 13 on my right knee, i was an active kid, still doesnt change the fact bikes are for beta fags.

>fact bikes are for beta fags.

You wouldn't say that to my face kid

Post source on fact too, while you're at it

my bike seems to randonly change gears sometimes which makes me lose balance
is this normal on a new bike?

were you on a downhill

No.
You need them adjusted. Loyal bike shop will probably do it for not much money if you can't work out how to do it yourself.

Get your bike looked at. Either the drive train or chain is worn out.

yeah, I bet this guy cycles alright

Probably your cable on your derailure sp? is in need of adjustment, probably not lining up properly, you probably can hear the chain grinding against it constantly too

Stop riding it now. This is a good way to crash and get run over. Your Mom & Pop bike shop should charge no more than $10 to fix it unless you need a new part.

If you just bought the bloody thing, it wasn't assembled correctly. Take it back and it should be fixed/parts replaced for free.

His name is Robert forstemann. Look him up. He's an Olympic cyclist.

he has a myostatin gene mutation which is why his muscles are so freakish

he's fast but guys way smaller than him are faster

chris hoy used to kick his ass every time