Ketosis

Hey Veeky Forums. Can any of you explain Ketosis to me? I get that it's low carb but any other details? Also, is it possible for a veggiefag to do it healthily?

Other urls found in this thread:

simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketosis
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketosis

its bodies breakin down of fats in the absence of carbs and/or protein
its a horrible diet trend which that the dieters eat more fat instead of burning body fat when they are hungry

Works for me; down 20 pounds in three months(I'm a fatass; 5'7", 260 to 240) and I started doing SL this month.

Low carb diets fuck up your testosterone levels. Stay away, fatass.

All I know is I'm 180lbs and live on 800 calories per day and can most likely lift heavier and run faster and further than anyone here

anything would work for you, 20lbs at how fat you are isn't even that impressive.

I don't disagree, but I find it's just an easy way to count and cut calories.

It's working for me . Have felt amazing the entire time

I'm not saying it wont work, I'm saying anything that involves you eating less calories will work. keto isn't some magic diet people make it out to be.

doing a keto diet basically just means you eat no carbs and more fat, so the body adjusts and uses the fat you ate for energy instead of the carbs you would normally eat. the problem is people think that burning more fat means you'll be less fat, but they don't understand that the extra fat you burned came from your diet in the first place. at the end of the day all that matters is the size of the deficit. eat a 500kcal deficit on keto or a 500kcal deficit on a regular diet and you'll lose the same amount of fat.

now watch ketofags get upset by this simple fact. also notice how none of them will post evidence that the same deficit on keto leads to greater fat loss, and also notice how they will completely ignore that eating no carbs is detrimental to high intensity training.

>how they will completely ignore that eating no carbs is detrimental to high intensity training.
This is still the biggest thing I don't understand why keto is so popular when you completely destroy your glycogen stores. How do your muscle pull out energy to do anything hard when you're eating zero carbs and have no glycogen?

If you're gonna do it, I recommend taking a couple weeks off of being productive (keto fog) and hoarding a bunch of raw meat, salt, and real cheeses (i.e. not kraft singles). If you want bacon, you'll have to find sugar free bacon.

Also, have some practice in prepping/making some keto recipes to get some variety going. Salted meat and cheese can get boring after a while.

>I get that it's low carb but any other details?

You'll have to lay off of all sugars and sweeteners and vegetables high in fructose.

For example, green bell peppers are okay, but red and yellow bell peppers will wreck your keto. Onions too.

>is it possible for a veggiefag to do it

Not unless you wanna eat cauliflower until you reach your goal weight. AFAIK veggiefags get a lot of their protein from soy, which is both a carb and a fat and will not get you to keto.

What you want is raw, uncured meat.

Keto and paleo diets are primarily a marketing mechanism by the meat, dairy and egg industries, especially in the United States. Don't expect anything science-based, let alone relevant for athletes. This is targeted at obese American morons who are out of breath from exiting their cars and want to be told that shit food is good for them, despite the fact that none of the healthy lean societies on earth practice such an absurd form of intentional malnutrition. Most Americans think that steak is a good source of fiber too, or that they have a high carb intake (hint: Americans have a low carb intake compared to the vast majority of humanity who live on rice, potatoes and corn 3 times a day)

OP here, thanks guys. I won't fall for the keto meme.

You are just a lazy fatass! Keto is destroying your body and you know it. Just move a bit and eat normal food. Carbs from veggies, fruits, whole-grains, beans and lentils are very healthy for your body. The fatty shit you eat now will kill you

Lost about 100 pounds with eating sub-20 carbs every day. For me, it was mostly about hunger management.

I genuinely do feel better eating less carbs even after dropping the diet. I'd try it out if I were you.

Except humans are biologically carnivorous with the ability to survive on sub optimal foods (i.e. veggies, fruits, grains) only in times of extreme scarcity. Enjoy your unnatural carcinogenic diet which does irreparable damage to your immune and digestive systems I suppose, ketobros will continue to experience the amazing benefits while you continue to be mad.

It's a meme that sets you on a path for colon cancer because people who do it don't have enough willpower to just eat healthier

Lies, since I've started keto, been feeling more horny than before.

Literally the exact opposite of everything you just said is true. The farming industries have been pushing grains, milk, and anything corn-related like it's the body of christ. Most americans consume carbs primarily, which is why they are so obsese and trendy "healthy" diets like salads and low-fat whatevers DON'T work. Carbs are in bread, sugar, chocolate, tortillas (hence why mexicans lead the world in obesity rates), almost every sweet drink, rice, fruit, etc.

Human beings evolved to consume and effectively utilize the flesh of animals. What we've believed all our lives is a "healthy" and "balanced" diet was the meme all along. You calorie-counting retards are constantly starving yourselves and ruining your bodies. With KETO, I never have to worry about starving myself, I eat until I am satisfied and go along my day feeling clear-headed and energetic. Every time you carb-tards eat you almost fall asleep, getting weighed down by the "carb coma" as they call it. The science of nutrition as it exists right now can suck my dick. All these fat fucks and anorexic retards are the ones claiming to be so healthy while their bodies deteriorate from the inside out.

So do you get paid by the word or per post?

Nice rebuttal, very productive. You rekt me.

Your reaction pretty clearly shows that.

>veggiefag
>healthy

kek

Still waiting on that counter-argument. I'd love to debate, but you seem to just wanna shut me down with typical nu-male sarcasm. Why don't you live a little and show me what you got?

The issue I see with ketosis is that it's basically a fat guy only diet, anyone who's cutting with a muscle base and only has like 10lbs of fat to lose is going to need carbs to function properly in their usual workout routine.

I've never been obese so I can't say if it's even good for them over just standard calorie cutting.

>not eating fat and nothing else is nu-male

So who finds your posts here? Kinobody?

>With KETO, I never have to worry about starving myself, I eat until I am satisfied and go along my day feeling clear-headed and energetic.

I've wondered about this, I'm all on board with Keto as a diet, but how will I lose all this disgusting flab I'm carrying around without counting calories? Like, no matter what I need to be under my TDEE to lose weight, and I could totally eat that amount in proteins and fats in a day

Holy fuck I'm 145 at 5' 8"

240 lbs at 5' 7" is fat enough to generate your own gravitational field

The opposing stance against my argument is not what is nu-male here. It's YOU and your feminine back-handed sarcasm. COME. AT. ME. BRO. How do you expect me to have any respect for you or the side you are implicitly for when you are being such a passive-aggressive pussy right now?

>this is the average fat eating keto slob

Jesus dude, you only get paid for shill posts, not butt hurt posts

In ketosis, your body naturally burns fat as its primary source of energy, rather than glucose. You don't even have to work out that much, since exercise and weight loss aren't really that correlated. What's the mantra? It's 80% food intake and 20% exercise?

>blah blah blah
All those carbs are clogging your brain. Can't think of anything to say other than faggy bitch-posts.

I've read somewhere that it's bad long term for the kidneys. What does Veeky Forums think?

No shit man. I've always been a fat kid, but I'm working on it.