When did you grow out of the ego deadlift and realize that romanian deadlifts are much better and back extensions are...

When did you grow out of the ego deadlift and realize that romanian deadlifts are much better and back extensions are safer than deathlifts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iWdwM9Npg68
youtube.com/watch?v=9HaM_huF_Oc
youtube.com/watch?v=pZgxkE-2QAw
youtu.be/ZWUcHKAj_tc
youtube.com/watch?v=bgzQMYvBq5I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>some dyel just found out a good assist exercise and has to act elitist about it

>using assistance exercises to a main lift as replacement for main lift
t. never gonna make it

Show me proof that deadifting is dangerous.

Actual proof.

These should all be used as assistance for the deadlift

kys

Literally any of the millions of people whi injure their spine for ever from one small mistake.

Unless you're a powerlifter there is no sense doing deadlifts

imo OHP seems more dangerous. Was trying to write a cheque my body couldn't cash today and I almost threw my lower back out bc I added too much weight.

Been doing SLDL for assistance recently.
Used to do Romanin but I'm trying these now and I like it. Feel like I can stretch even more.

>safer than deathlifts
>"Deathlifts"
>Death lifts
>Death Grips
>OH SHIT IM FEELIN' IT

>Unless you're a pussy there is no sense in not doing deadlifts.

FTFY

There is no reason to be alive if you cannot deadlift.

No they won't.

You don't acquire spinal injuries from deadlifting wrong once in the context of a properly designed training program.

You acquire spinal injuries from overloading an incorrect movement pattern over a long period of time, or by attempting to lift way more than you KNOW is safe for you and fucking it up.

>Literally any of the millions of people whi injure their spine for ever from one small mistake.

literally no proof.
prove it.
not untrained people lifting objects from the floor.
people actually hurting their back deadlifting a barbell.

show me proof.
you cant.

t. Novice who's been training for four months

There is literally no purpose of such a dangerous lift if you aren't a powerlifter. can't wait to see you with a herniated spine

I've been deadlifting for 5 years.
Often doing 1RM tests for fun.
Never hurt my back and I don't even use a belt.

Op can't deadlift 405 and is embarrassed to do his 1 pl8 deads so he just doesn't do them.

>Link me a peer reviewed, highly cited study or else ur lying!

Lol enjoy your spinal injury retard

a snatch is a dangerous lift. it involves so much that people even at the olympic level get permanently injured because of a small misstep.

ego lifting with incorrect form doesn't make deadlifts dangerous. it just makes you can idiot

literally no proof.

RDL is better for training proximal hamstring recruitment in hip extension while DL is better for higher maximum load.
Deadlift is the main, RDL is the assistance.

lol don't need a study.
Just a single video of someone hurting their back deadlifting.,
shud be easy to find right?

Except I've been training 5 times as long and warm up with your 1rms while being bigger and leaner than most of Veeky Forums.

The fact that you think the deadlift is 'dangerous' shows you're a dyel who's never lifted.

You make one of these stupid threads on a weekly basis when you could be learning to fucking deadlift properly. Kill yourself. I'm serious. End it now.

Said every idiot before his herniated spine

Not OP but:
>load up the bar
>knock out 5 reps
>hip flexors and glutes slightly fatigued
>rest of legs feel fresh
>middle/upper back in fucking crisis mode
To me this literally seems like lifting with bad form made into an exercise. Aren't you supposed to not lift with your back...

Watch the rippetoe video on RDL. They are good exercises. I do oly squats for quads and RDL for hams. Deadlift once a week for the erector spinae.

First time I did RDLs I actually felt burn in my butt cheeks and hams even after 2 years of DLing and powerlifting squats.

You're on the right side, but you're really stupid.

Thanks doc

When did you grow out of Veeky Forums and became a grown man?

youtube.com/watch?v=iWdwM9Npg68

youtube.com/watch?v=9HaM_huF_Oc

All you have to do is just go lighter weight, lifting heavy is the problem usually

Don't remove one of the most beneficial compound lifts from your routine because you're a pussy

youtube.com/watch?v=pZgxkE-2QAw

Stop lifting with bad form.

>thread is about back injury
>bicep tear video

Try again.
Bicep injury during deadlifts can be COMLETELY avoided by not using mixed grip.

The deadlift motion is impossible to do with good form, at least when you're 6'5. That's my point. My hips have to come straight up at the beginning of the lift or the bar hits my knees....

you won't drop it if you can lift it

I've found barbell work in general to be pointlessly more difficult to get form right and my spine and knees wind up hurting more while not getting better muscle activation.

Unlike like most of the memers you can convince otherwise by spouting, "it's your shit form" nonsense I have a full gym in my home with a $1k usd power rack and have extensively tested every form cue imaginable daily. I'm not confined to the constraints of trying to drag my ass to the gym. I wake up, roll a few feet out of bed and practice squat form.

I almost use exclusively now a trap bar, dumbbells, resistance bands and body weight. I get an objectively better exercise without form autism. Think of it this way -- if it were so simply to get your form correct, why does there need to be so many teachers on the subject? With my setup it's almost impossible to make form mistakes. I don't need some idiot telling me my form is wrong. I like being able to lift and not worry my form was off by a millimeter and have fucked back or knees. FeelsGoodMan.

Your only argument is antagonistic bullshit. Go fuck yourself you're all a bunch of meme victims.

The bar is supposed to grind against your legs. Grow a pair. Catbacking like you're describing is probably the worst possible thing you could do while deadlifting.

t. babby who can barely DL 2 pl8 acting cool because he saw the motivational image with that shit quote

how the fuck does this happens

Is trapbar that much better for deadlifts?

I might switch over honestly. Anything I miss out by doing this??

Yes you are missing out but not on anything that can't be easily replaced. I do trap bar squats+rdls. I hit everything HARDER than when I was doing barbell back squats+conventional deads and my spine and knees are never put in a mechanically dangerous position by the tiniest mistake.

I'm not complaining about it scraping my shins faggot. But in order for it to even clear my shins my back has to practically be pointed downward. Fucking retarded exercise.

There's literally nothing wrong about mixed grip.

They should always be used for One rep max

do jefferson deadlifts or some variant

it will carryover

>my back has to practically be pointed downward
...so what? its not a squat where youre supposed to be upright

lifting heavy weights

Rofl trap bar is much more dangerous than conventional because it can easily tip forward or backward. Anyone who uses the trap bar is officially on babyweight.

can't you go on heavier on them anyways?

Is it worth it to switch breh? Honestly been considering it but always thought maybe there's some meme that nagically makes barbells more effective

Squat lower, homo.

SO WHY AM I PUTTING ALL THIS PRESSURE ON MY SPINE/KNEES TO DO AN UPPER BACK EXERCISE IS MY GODDAMN POINT

deadlifting*

You can lift more with trap bar you fucking retard

It can't tip forward you moronic fuck

Why the literal fuck would you ever do 1 rep maxes unless you're a legit powerlifter?

Why not just do 5 repmax

Everytime I do stiff legged deadlifts or Romanian dead-lifts I catch dyel's looking at me and know that at least once they are dying to go on Veeky Forums or whatever other internet-place they 'hangout' and make fun of my 'shit deadlift form they saw some idiot do at the gym today lollolo'.

I'd like to say I'm kidding but I really think this has probably happened to, if not me, someone else.

Also I usually would never talk shit about 'dyel' in any serious way and instead get amped encourage them but in this case I would make an exception.

Yeah, but some of them seem to be doing regular reps and not necessary one with max weight, hell, the fucker at 3:31 seems to be lifting baby waight

If I squat lower than my shoulders have to come back and are no longer above the bar. I've worked a lot on my hip flexibility but I'm pretty sure no one can occupy the same space with their torso as with their thighs.

lol no it can't. but with your logic it's easy to see you swallow da ripdick daily. he's the only retard I've ever seen make such a retarded claim about trap bar. many professional athletes not only use trap bar but they use it while jumping in the fucking air with it. it's absolute nonsense to claim it as difficult to maintain correct form with a barbell but not a trap bar.

I can go heavier with a trap bar easier too.

>You can lift more with trap bar you fucking retard
And this matters because... Oh wait, your fragile ego
>it can't tip forward
baby weight DOUBLE CONFIRMED

>it's absolute nonsense to claim it as difficult to maintain correct form with a barbell but not a trap bar
*or vice versa rather

>Implying

I literally have a 550 deadlift you DYEL twinkshit.

youtu.be/ZWUcHKAj_tc

...cause its also a leg and lower back exercise? just having "pressure" on some of your bodyparts isn't inherently bad

keep talking rippletits
youtube.com/watch?v=bgzQMYvBq5I

>that ROM
That was about as much energy as is used in a 4 pl8 actual deadlift.

I didn't say it mattered, it was a retort you saying "babyweight" in response to it.

It's the most mechanically advantageous position to lift. And for taller people it's the only one that really works

Explain the tipping meme because I'm not getting it

That's where the quote was from and you couldn't even move it.

Rofl didn't even get that from rippletits but OK.

>Hey crossfitters do my lift it must be legit!!!
You can't be serious

Obviously if you're going to jump you're doing much lighter weight, the tipping only occurs at higher weight. You'd have to be a mega retard to load up 4 plate+ on a trap bar to do anything but shrugs.

I've only ever trained my legs with Bulgarian split squats and one leg stiff leg deads.

Are coach made us train these way for football and running power/balance. My legs look pretty good I'll never do a former squat or deadlift.

I didn't say I was stronger than him, just that that wasn't a deadlift.

>false flagging trap bar jump squats with crossshitters
crossshit also does deadlifts and squats so you can go ahead and fuck right off you rippleshit parroting buffoon

>it was a retort you saying "babyweight" in response to it.
Which is why you probably think you aren't lifting light weight when you actually are. Lrn2 reading comprehension, how the fuck does how efficient a lift is have to do with what's babyweight. 2pl8 is babyweight for Dlifts, not for ohp.

>Explain the tipping meme because I'm not getting it

Put more than 250 on it then you'll understand.

Breh

Sell me on trap bar deadlifts.

You have one post to sell me trapbar deadlifts. annnddd go!

I'm assuming you didn't read my original post

I don't feel ANY exertion on my legs besides a little in the hip flexors and upper glutes.

>saying bullshit without any proof on Veeky Forums
kek lel yeah ok DYEL come at me when you can match my 700 lb DL

I do 315 trap bar dls,explain it you fucking mong

>RoM reduced by 8 inches
>Bar is still wobbling back and forth like a paddleboat in a hurricane
Thanks for proving my point dumbass

Proof of said millions pls

deadlifts are only dangerous if you dont know how to do them properly OR let ego make you attempt to salvage a bad lift instead of just dropping the bar

i did RDL as my 5/3/1 BBB DL accessory, it was hard but worked really well, a good excercise for sure but it won't replace conventional deadlifts

So you do the equivalent of 1.5 plate deadlifts and you're acting like there is no issue at higher weights? Maybe you should actually lift before you start posting BS.

I ASKED you fucking retard

I'm not saying there isn't im just asking you to explain. For the 4th time now. Explain it or you have nothing to say because you just keep repeating "lol when it gets heavy it's hard!" without any explanation

it's 1000lbs if it were wobbling enough to matter it would snap his wrist in half you fucking retard

>I cant do it
>ITS NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO GET RIGHT FORM SO FORM AND BARBELL TRAINING IS MEME
wew lad.

Bring your hips down lower, faggot. This can't the first time you've heard this

what you feel is not relevant to anything

what's the treatment for that and can you still look aesthetic after?

i hope you understand if he brings his hips lower either his shins have to go forward or his shoulders behind the bar creating incorrect mechanics

I won't

It's a lower back exercise dipshit. Your upper back just plays along. Hence "compound"

because you don't know how to deadlift properly

You're...not very good at this, aren't you?

No, the burden of proof is on you to prove that the deadlift is NOT risky.
The FDA doesn't let you use a medical procedure until it is proven safe.
The FAA doesn't allow a plane to fly with a new component unless it is proven safe.
So why exactly is the deadlift safer than alternatives?

Oh, so you're actual a straight up retard and don't know what tipping means.

And no tipping isn't some crazy lifting term, it litierally fucking means tipping.

A barbell is radially symmetric along the axis. Which means, when it rotates, nothing happens.

A trap bar is not radially symmetric along the axis. Which means, when it rotates, things happen. Things not present in an ideal lift.

Got it??

>I make a claim
>the burden of proof is on you
People who replace main lifts with assistance lifts everyone.

>more antagonistic bullshit
question: why do you seem to care so much about the choices I make? it's almost like you have a vested interest in people not being happy with alternatives to the barbell meme

Just stop rippleshill

Hello please reply

Convince me to use the trapbar for deadlifts

They're stupid.

I AM THE BEAST I WORSHIP

Who is this meme hero of yours you keep associating me with?

Is this the standard argument for DYELs?

It works the anterior chain not as well as squats and posterior chain not as well as deadlifts, perfect if you never want to make it!

Who cares about this if I want to just be aesthetic? Did zyzz even do this shit?

I dont care what you do.
I just dismissed your point since it was fucking retarded like you are.

If you just want to be aesthetic there's no point in doing any variety of deadlift besides romanian. Certainly not trap bar.