What are some Veeky Forums approved exchanges for crypto?

What are some Veeky Forums approved exchanges for crypto?

I'm looking to use Kraken, as I will mainly be doing wire transfers and it seems legit.

Stay away from Bittrex, huge drama with random accounts getting disabled right now.

Kraken fucking blows
Gdax for USD, Binance.com, Hitbtc, ethrdelta

Not Bittrex apparently

Is this legit or just pajeet shilling

checked my account with just 100$ and nothing, although they did ask for verification seemed to be out of the ordinary

Kraken is pretty much a balanced and serious exchange, but from time to time there are coordinated DDos attacks and servers go offline. I recommend binance tho.

Use trade.kraken.com, it's decent.

kraken is only good to withdraw fiat, literally nothing else

bittrex is the king atm, followed by bitfenix and binance

Binance became my favorite a month ago. Deposits and withdrawls clear pretty quickly, smoother exchange than bittrex. Bittrex had been pissing me off over the last couple of months due to lack of listings, and when they listed ADA I lost respect for them quickly. And now there is the disabled account drama. Kraken is safe but slow as fuck. Use bitmex 100x leverage so you can get tweeted out when you get mexrekt and achieve non-noob status.

I don't know if some people are using this as an opportunity to shill or not but check Bittrex's twitter tag or their Slack channel. It's definitely legit.

Some people have had their accounts disabled (seems like a lot of people from specific countries were targeted as well as randoms from any country), and some of us have randomly lost legacy status which means our accounts aren't disabled but our coins are held hostage and can't be withdrawn unless we provide ID. Of course if you are a new user signing up you won't have a legacy account anyways so it may not be an issue for you.

But it sucks anyways, they don't add any new good coins anymore.

Gdax, no fees if you know how to use it.

kraken is safe as you can get probably, though nothing is ever 100%
use it to deposit fiat and withdraw
they've approached the government by themselves asking for exchange regulation and have regular audits
good luck doing any actual trading on it though lol
bittrex, poloniex and binance for everything else

Don't use ether delta unless you're trying to get a shit coin early, 90% of the stuff I try on that website doesn't process, buying cnd was fucking hell.

Started off using Kraken and Coinbase to deposit my fiat. First exchange after that was Bittrex (which I don't use anymore) and now generally use Binance, Bitfinex and HitBTC and - if I must - Cryptopia, CoinExchange, and *shudder* EtherDelta.

>good luck doing any actual trading on it though lol

they have one of the best trading tools in the market

>kraken is only good to withdraw fiat, literally nothing else
Withdrawing USD from kraken is a huge fucking pain in the ass.

Literally a non-issue if OP isnt from Iran or any other country opposed to the US.

Kraken is good if you're European (sepa payments). I've never had any problems with them

There have been people from all over the western world with disabled accounts (although Iran was obviously targeted specifically, as well). One of the Bittrex guys literally admitted on Slack that they ran a script to detect "bad accounts" and the script was over-zealous. And the legacy account thing effects everyone who trusted Bittrex in good faith to honor those legacy accounts (or at least give advanced warning if they are gonna change policies and take coins hostage).

If you are willing to give Bittrex your ID and get enhanced verified then you'll probably never have any issues (unless you happen to be from a country that the US gov gets annoyed with that week), but why even take the risk for an exchange that never adds new coins anymore.

What happened to the SMS verification?

sms is shit, use authenticator

Kraken scalability is absolute trash so at times of high market volatility it will crash a lot and generally do weird things with your orders i.e tell you that an order execution has failed but actually execute it in the background. They also can struggle processing their backlog of fiat deposits and withdrawals in a timely fashion. Despite this they are generally trustworthy/serious and are one of the better options when it comes to dealing with fiat.

Binance/Bitrex are both good for purely trading crypto. I wouldn't trust them with fiat.

Yobit

Kraken is safe but the actual day trading is a pain in the ass. Orders get canceled all the time. And if you are in hurry to open or close a position then you are fucked. Doesnt matter if in the portal or the api. I have lost so much money because of this fucked up portal.

I tried to open a 10eth long when it was at 273. A few pages of canceled orders. And i didnt even try the limit order because this is even more hopeless. Finally at 277 some peanuts managed to get through. When the eth rise was over i finally managed to open a pointless long at 278. Fuck kraken. It only works properly when the page load is absolutely non existent.

trade.kraken.com works better. It's still shit though.

if you are from us, dont use kraken, too high fees and shit for usd transfers, euro is cheap and fast AF though

use gemini or gdax instead

i wouldnt say.

Mostly I spam orders from the portal and the api together and hope for the best.

Kraken used to be good but once this years crypto boom started it was pretty much downhill from there in terms of response time.

What's the Veeky Forums opinion of Binance? It seems good but it worries me that it's based in China.

Which annoys me the most is that the kraken has been shit for some time for now and I havent seen any news or atleast promises that they are working to make it work better. Like millions worth of fiat goes through a portal which is broken. Its absurd.

deposit your fiat through SEPA in Kraken, then move the fuck away from it.