Deloading

Help out a bro, im doing sl and want to know if im a weak ass or just a pussy. Can you guys pull your logs / apps and tell me at what weight you deloaded your squats, deads and rows for the first time?

I'm about to deload for the first time ever after 3 cycles of 5/3/1. My deload weights will be

BP - 130
OHP - 75
SQ - 160
DL - 230

Lbs or kg?

Pounds. I know they're small numbers.

Your squat to bench ratio is pretty wack. Don't worry too much about being weak, you will be strong than the average person in a few months.

I'm about to deload my ohp at 110 pounds, if I can't push 115 5x5, squats I deloaded at 235, nothing else so far. Deadlift at 260, bench at 150

I know it is, I started off all wrong when I first got into the gym. Basically I started off only doing bench, added the press after awhile, then deadlift and lastly squats which is why it's so weak. But I didn't want to do one program for squats and another for the other compounds so I just add 20lbs per cycle instead of the 10lbs it tells you too and so far I haven't failed any lifts.

Why the fuck are you doing 5/3/1 with those shitty stats you fucking retard. You better weight 140 fucking pounds.

I weigh 200. Those are half of my 1 rep maxes what's wrong with that? I couldn't keep adding weight every workout so I moved into an intermediate routine.

if i deload and continue to eat at a calorie surplus, will i put on more fat than usual?

>squat to bench ratio
You're fucking what? There is no fucking ratio there. They're completely fucking unrelated you mong. His OHP to BP ratio is fine because he lifts baby weight.

>Bro your curl to deadlift ratio is off m8
That's how you sound.

how much do you weigh

You shouldn't be doing 531 yet, that's an advanced routine senpai

Sticky said it was intermediate? Huh. Did feel kinda weird doing it as the weight never felt heavy but I just assumed that was normal What's a good intermediate routine for mostly strength with a small focus on looks?

>200 pounds
>half of your 1 rep maxes
Yeah, get on a fucking beginner program you fucking novice. Why are you deloading by 50 fucking percent. You have no fucking clue what you are doing. You couldn't add weight every workout? Then go to weekly periodization, not fucking 3/4 weeks. Or you know deload a rational amount like 10%, fix your diet, and continue to make the progress you're more than capable at for your weight.

You probably can't add weight for a different reason like sleep, diet or something else. You don't just switch to an intermediate routine because you stalled when clearly you're numbers scream novice weight. I did stronglifts until I could do 5 reps of 270 on the squats now I'm switching to madcow.

Because the program said to deload by that much, iirc. Guess I'll switch back to something else then. Only in my second year of lifting, first year and most of second was all just sort of fucking around so I never made good progress on compounds,

What program? Just do stronglifts. The app is very sikoke

>5/3/1 said deload by 50%
No it didn't. Jesus christ where the fuck do you people come from. You're probably confusing the deload week you fucking dumb ass, you know the week where you do warmups only.

Definitely going to pick another program then I suppose. My diet is pretty good, I'm betting on the sleep. Can only manage 6 hours a night.

>My diet is pretty good
Considering how wrong you've been about everything else, I find your claim highly dubious.

Is that not a deload though? And yeah, that's what I thought OP meant.

Well, it's mostly rice, veggies, chicken and oats with occasionally beans and peanut butter here and there.

Like I said in an earlier post do stronglifts. I get 7 hours and made fine progress. Could be your form too. Also supplements help alot

I now weigh 178 lbs. My lifts aren't amazing but its only been a few months of eating big, and I'm making very steady progress every time I go. I'm ok with going up slowly, as I look pretty good at my bf%

Why are you looking for an intermediate routine when your numbers are all beginner of beginners??

And yes, 5/3/1 is advanced, not intermediate.

Guess I misunderstood something along the way, I've been wrong before. Starting a beginner program tomorrow. Knew I felt retarded even posting those numbers, guess it works out though.

So.... what exactly is the point of deloading? Just to improve form or something else?

No, it's just a part of the training cycle, essentially a rest week, and unnecessary for alot of people until they move crazy maxes that take a week to recover from. You resume the following week with a new cycle. It's not more a deload then the 3x5 week is.
Deloading means lowering your working weight and working your way back up.

I feel bad hijacking the thread, but thanks to all of you who pointed out my retardation.

5/3/1 is a routine you start when you start having trouble increasing weight weekly. That's usually towards the end of intermediate/start of advanced.

Deloading is a strategy for breaking past plateaus. Reducing the weight can allow you to correct form and help drive adaptation to push past the weight. If you're stuck on a weight, it's not helpful to constantly keep trying to attempt it. You fail a few times then deload.

mental relief. it legit helps.

in the same way that you shouldnt deadlift super heavy more than once a week because your CNS just gets fried, if you go with really hard intensity for a few weeks in a row, it's very mentally taxing, especially at an advanced level where you're not making super fast progress.

75 on OHP?

w e w

>first time ever

quit lying