Why most of martial art schools focus their training in light endurance per example push ups, horse stands and sit ups...

Why most of martial art schools focus their training in light endurance per example push ups, horse stands and sit ups? I joined three schools kung fu, karatĂȘ and Kendo i gave up on all of then because the training was the same as i described and I didn't fell it was effective.
There is a reason for this training? Like a Benefit that i did not see or anything like that?

Stop being a weeb shitter and join something that acrually has you fighting.

>MWF Mornings - Lift
>MWF Evenings - American Boxing
>TTS Mornings - Cardio
>TTS Evenings - Judo

Don't stop shoving food in your face. Sleep more.

Didn't feel that they were effective?

No offense OP, but learning a martial art takes time. You can't expect to be proficient within a few months then just move on to a different art because you didn't feel like it was effective.

haven't you seen karate kid you fucking donut

Endurance will do alot more for you in fighting than strength.Also endurance training helps with pain tolerance.
Also there is limited class time, if you really wanted strength training you can do it outside of class.

I dd not say that, i Said that i didn't see the Benefit of this type of trainning

Are you serious? I really think that strenght is way more important in a fight

That is because you dont fight.

If you think strength is that important just stop doing martial arts or combat sports and focus on barfighting or something.

Then you're stupid desu senpai.

most fights are over in a few seconds, maybe a minute or two, but on the street it's usually you against 2 or 3 hoodrats trying to steal your lunch money. Strength helps, but being fast and not getting tired after fighting off the first guy is the priority.

If the other guy doesn't have 10kg or more over you, or over 10cm more than you in reach, endurance might matter.

You're right, at least compared to endurance. No guy is so out of shape he can't throw a few punches, and you don't need to outlast the other guy if you can finish the fight regardless of whether you can outlast him or not.

I'm guessing you spar? Because you can't call that a fight if one of the guys holds back and doesn't finish you off as soon as he can, a spar is meant to last long enough for you to get something out of it, endurance matters a lot there, not so much in a real fight.

Please show the combat sport or martial art where they rank people differently depending on endurance instead of weight.

That's actually usually not the case and when it is, the other guys will let whichever is the leader go first and alone, so you can have a 1 on 1 and if you don't have the strenght to finish it before others come in you're fucked and endurance will only matter if you're running.

I've been doing karate for 11+ years, and am an assistant instructor at a newly opened dojo. I also did kendo for a bit over a year. I think I can answer this pretty well.

The main reason is that we cater to unfit, undedicated fucks. We don't have to equipment for serious weight training, so we make do by making them do bodyweight shit every session. Of course, since half our class are soccer mums or little kids, they chalk it up as a "really hard workout" and wait until next week to train again.

I mean, I COULD increase to a full scale bodyweight workout ever session, but then I'd have to cut something from my class. And what am I gonna cut? The basics? Nope. The footwork? Lel nope. The kata? Eh. I'd rather not, since it makes me look bad to other dojoa. The sparring? Christ fucking no, they suck at that enough as it is.

That being said, I lift regularly, as does my Dad (the dojo head of our shitty new dojo). There is a pretty common theme among the top guys. We all do karate in addition to other shit. For me its what I do what I"m not lifting. For one of the top girls from another dojo, she was a competitive rower and sprinter. Yet another local dojo in our organization, one of the instructors trains multiple times a week (sparring with people several times a week) and likes to go around and murder people's shit in all styles competitions.

You do sometimes get the guys who *only* do karate and are good, but they're usually really obsessed.

Or maybe you're just going to a shitty mcdojo, which is honestly likely if you aren't in the, like, 3 organisations that aren't shitty pretenders.

Tl:dr:
Karate should be done in addition to either lifting, or a more "practical" ma. With lifting, it"s fun cardio. With another martial art, it elevates you to god tier standup game.

If any of you pricks have questions, feel free to ask me.

just one question

have any predictions for Stephen Thompson v Tyron Woodley?

Fuck, what the fuck. How is Anderson Silva so much better than all guys he fought when he was good, what happened?

But trainning for strenght is already trainning for endurance right?

No, you're not training for the kind of endurance you need to fight. HIIT and high rep amrap sets are the kind of endurance training you want for fighting.

>americna kickboxing
>judo

why don't you train in real martial arts? like boxing, muay thai or BJJ.

probably tyron is gonna to lose if he don't rock him with a good punch in the early rounds, and thompson is hard to punch, so probably he would lose by decision.

i'm pretty neutral, but the salt would be glorious if tyron wins.

what is your opinion on thai con doh

defense against tackle?
favourite sparring or footwork drills?

Pushups, situps, BW squats etc are easy because you can have a lot of people do them with next to no instruction. If you're in an MA class of 30 people you can't really expect quality instruction, basic courses are mostly just for raking in money from people and to make the unmotivated people disintrested. Once you're past the beginner phase you'll take care of strength and endurance training by yourself and the classes concentrate on technique and sparring.

Except if it's a McDojo in which case I hope you like pushups.

He said boxing you dolt

Endurance is needed to learn how to fight dumb dumb

I teach a beginner MMA class and see people gas during simple warm-ups. Imagine if we let those people spar. They can barely make it through simple drilling.

kek, aerobic fitness is the foundation for fighting or any kind of endurance really.

American Kickboxing and Judo are real martial arts

Source on the webm?

Sigh, another non-martial artist assuming stupid shit thinking he knows it all.

Listen friend, when you actually get in a fight, you'd realize how tiring it is. The adrenaline tires you out WAY quicker than you'd expect.

And martial arts are divided in rounds. When skilled people fight each other, rounds tend to drag because

>they're cautious
>they have fast reactions (dodging and shit)
>even when hit, they know how to take a blow

Try looking up UFC fights or whatever you like to watch. Not the clickbaity shit like 'one-punch knockouts compilation!!11!', a real fight. See if you can notice when one fighter starts to gas out. When you're tired you get sloppy, your strikes aren't as sharp, and your guard weakens. That's when you get knocked out and lose.

man
you guys are obnoxious and retarded as fuck

>Ignorant, close-minded fag OP detected

what does it mean if someones gassing?

their protein farts are choking out the whole room

this pretty much weeb shit is retarded because muh tradition of being dyels

but also because it's pretty time consuming for most places, the equipment would cost more, weighlifting works if you kinda tailor a program to each and every student and both the instructors and the students don't feel like doing that. also you probably "trained" with beginners in said meme martial arts, it's practically the base of bases. training light calisthenics to scrubs and telling them to do some situps while occasionally checking their form is easy and very efficient. now if were to go pro you would probably at some point include harder resistance training and most likely weightlifting, but most figther don't use the bodybuilding or strenght approach. if you want to git gud train strength on your own and you will advance much faster but it will be a bit harder to do on your body and it will cut into your time so make sure to eat a lot and sleep a lot and have a lot of spare time on your hands