Did the Armenian Genocide happened or did the Ottomans dindu nuffin?

Did the Armenian Genocide happened or did the Ottomans dindu nuffin?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qG70UWESfu4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well one and half million Armenians didn't just vanish into thin air, if that's what you're proposing might be a serious explanation.

I've seen the effects of the Greek genocide first hand.

Reminder Anzu has a bf and you're a cuck for loving her.

He looks like he's about to give her half a dozen STDs and then pimp her out for drug money.

>I've seen the effects of the Greek genocide first hand.
>>/x/

>He looks like he's about to give her half a dozen STDs and then pimp her out for drug money.
>R-R-Right guys?

There weren't even one and half million Armenians in the entire Ottoman Empire at that time brainlet.

Whether it did or didn't, the Ottomans still fucked up by not killing the Kardashians when they had the chance.

I mean if you're asking if a whole bunch of Armenians died, even Turkey doesn't deny that part. They just say it wasn't on purpose.

>I mean if you're asking if a whole bunch of Turks died, even Armenia doesn't deny that part. They just say it wasn't on purpose.
Do you see why what you said is stupid? "Whole bunch" is a subjective quantity.

Because people constantly disagree on an actual number

of course they did
even Germans admitted to seeing them

Because the numbers cited are false. How is it possible that more Armenians died than Armenians lived in the entire Ottoman Empire?

It's why I didn't say a number. Lowest I'll go is "enough that there was controversy behind the deaths"

>enough that there was controversy behind the deaths
There is controversy for any deaths. Did the British genocide the Americans in the Boston Massacre? Again, too subjective.

Use common sense. Apply yourself.

You need actual numbers and data. Not this subjective quantity. But then again, it never happened the way it is described by the Armenians.

k

What is the actual number?

>Numbers are impossible
>Armenian rebellion

1914 Ottoman census:
1,161,169 Armenian Gregorian + 68,838 Armenian Catholic, INCLUDING the western portion of the empire.
Genocide claim: 1.5 million

>Before Russia invaded Turkey, Russian military officials met with many high ranking Armenian leaders (Dashnak and Hunchak leaders), and it was already apparent with the thousands of Armenians who deserted the Ottoman army with their guns to join the Russian army or the Armenian rebel armies. The Armenians promised many volunteers to guide the Russians into the Ottoman territory and many soldiers to fight.

>Let me make this clear for some who claim that Armenians rebelled in self-defense---that is absolutely false. The Armenians offered to help the Russians attack before any massacres or attacks by Ottomans. If you were wondering if the Armenians or Ottomans started the fight, well it was absolutely the Armenians, who were filled with nationalistic ideas of establishing their ancient homeland of Greater Armenia.

>A dispatch received by The Daily Telegraph from Tiflis, capital of the Government of Caucasia, by way of Moscow, says: “The Turkish town of Van (140 miles southeast of Erzerum) is being besieged by a detachment of Armenians, who are aiding the Russians. The town has a large arsenal. “Another Armenian detachment is operating in the rear of the Turkish Army.” During the invasion, the city of Van was captured, and many Muslims were massacred by the Armenians.

>After the Russian retreat, the Armenian armies were unable to continue their efforts. They relied heavily on aid from the British, French, and Russians. However, they were not all trained soldiers, and so in full confrontation against the Ottoman armies, they had to retreat, and they resorted to hit and run tactics.

>The Ottoman leaders issued decrees to relocate Armenians in Eastern Anatolia, because of the difficulty of identifying Armenian rebels who disguise themselves as innocent Armenians during the day, and at night become guerillas.

>Regardless, the Ottomans did still try to pay the Armenians, shelter the Armenians, and guard the Armenians. All of which, is contradictory to the concept that an Armenian Genocide took place. The hanging of criminals who attacked Armenian convoys is also documented in many archives.

>By the end of the war, the Armenians had been driven back to Yerevan, where they established their new nation. However, the Armenian armies had massacred and decimated hundreds of Ottoman villages.

>The propaganda today, declares that Turks were at fault for genocide, but they provide no proof that there was intention to exterminate. The only thing used today to back up their claim, is to quote anti-Turkish newspapers or Henry Morganthau, who was asked to create propaganda by Woodrow Wilson to convince the American public that America must join the war against the Central Powers.

If we were to believe the Western lies, which is widely spread today, then any rebellion that was put down, can be marked as genocide. The Ottomans may have been unprepared for Armenian relocations, but that doesn't make them guilty of genocide. Trail of Tears is more of a genocide than this

youtube.com/watch?v=qG70UWESfu4

We are still sorry for this and that bitch sarkeesian.

why are wh*Tes still triggered about ENVER ?

>5 Erdogan Euros have been deposited in your account

Isn't Veeky Forums a thoughtcrime in your neck of the woods?

Since when are Armenians white?

Wow you mean to tell me that a totalitarian government is to be trusted on self-reported census figures that they have every motivation to skew? I'll let Stalin know as well.

>The Armenians offered to help the Russians attack before any massacres or attacks by Ottomans.

There were massacres of Armenians before the war even began. The Armenians had every possible reason to support Russia.

>who was asked to create propaganda

Got any proof of this, roach-kun?

What about the hundreds of eye-witness accounts of the butchering from neutral and pro-Ottoman parties that corroborate each other?

Here's one such account from an Ottoman soldier:
>The battalion left Aleppo on 3 February and reached Ras al-Ain in twelve hours... some 12,000 Armenians were concentrated under the guardianship of some hundredKurds... These Kurds were called gendarmes, but in reality mere butchers; bands of them were publicly ordered to take parties of Armenians, of both sexes, to various destinations, but had secret instructions to destroy the males, children and old women... One of these gendarmes confessed to killing 100 Armenian men himself... the empty desert cisterns and caves were also filled with corpses...

What about the first president of the Republic of Turkey, Ataturk, coming out and saying:
>"... millions of our Christian subjects who were ruthlessly driven en masse from their homes and massacred"

Another Turkic official said:
>"As you know, the issue of relocation was an event that made the world to yell blue and made all of us to be considered murderers. We knew, before we did it, that the Christian world would not tolerate it and they would direct their anger and hatred toward us. Why did we impute the title of murderer to our race? Why did we enter into such decisive and difficult struggle? That was done just to secure the future of our country, which we know to be more precious and sacred than our lives."

This narrative your government is trying to craft is a relatively new invention and has no evidence to support it. You have all but unanimous support from contemporary sources and officials from all sides of the spectrum for Ottoman support. Every investigation into this event has shown it to be a genocide. The term was invented from this tragedy. Your pitiful cries of "muh western propaganda" fall on deaf ears.

I love how everyody can just deny this and many other genocides like 1 million lives are worth nothing and no one cares.
BUT TO EVE DARE to say that 5.999.999 Jews died is punishable with prison.

echoing this. The text I read (2012, american perspective) didn't play up the atrocity angle and seemed to imply a simple rebellion scenario. How is that genocide?

It did, but I don't know why people refer to it as just the 'Armenian genocide' when 50 million Orthodox Christians were killed by the Ottoman Empire. Greeks and Assyrians.

It should be called the Orthocaust.

Well, down here in ARG we have had many Indian rebellions, bu that does not mean that we had to completely massacre them all.
The worst and maybe the last was against the invading Mapuches, and even then we still did not put them at the edge of extinction.

Because none of the contemporary/primary sources mention anything remotely like that. It's been fabricated in later years by Turkish and Muslim propaganda pushers.

Also, for the record, the UN definition doesn't have a clause that disqualifies an ethnic extermination because of the context of armed conflict.