TFW everyone is getting 400+ deadlift within 8 months

>TFW everyone is getting 400+ deadlift within 8 months

>TFW IM STALLING ON 180X5 SQUAT, 215 DEADLIFT

What fucking gives? I'm cutting, should I just quit or keep pushing?

Try adding more weight

>I'm cutting

Answered your own question.. Only in select cases will people gain muscle/get stronger whilst cutting. I'm talking about a guy who is 300lbs and starts cutting and weight lifting as a beginner

Use kilograms for fucks sake.

I can't lift it then

I thought most gains in first year were CNS adaptation?

I read a guy went 275 -> 305 deadift doing PSMF for 2.5 months... if he can make gains on under 1k cals why can't i

Veeky Forums e-stats like a motherfucker. And the people with poorer progress aren't usually about to draw attention to it.

I've seen some insane bursts of improvement in people, but waltzing your way to big numbers with little effort very rarely happens.

>taking e-stats at face value
>not multiplying by 1-[1/number of years on fit]

If he simultaneously cut his volume/upped his intensity (which you'd normally do on a PSMF because) then that was probably more strength realisation than strength gain.

permacut fag here.
all of my gains have come in a deficit.

went from 235x1 to 265x8 (estimated 338 1rm)

weight dropped from 190 to 168

This. Most people are fucking lying OP. Go to several gyms and you'll realize just how rare it is to see people doing the insane numbers some of the retards on here post.

the fuck
i lifted 100kg deadlift like second time i was on the gym
are you spoopy skeleton?

my bench is fucking terrible tho

Timeframe?

E-statting is a thing, i'm not saying in all cases but 99/100 people won't reach a 400 deadlift in 8 months from untrained.

I only reached a 400 deadlift after 2+ years of consistent lifting starting as a skinnyfat sedentary individual.

I guess there's some truth to this

I've only seen one guy deadlifting 405 for reps. And he was a huge bodybuilder

This combination probably means you have relatively long arms.

not him but i have long arms. Does that mean that your arm gains will look slower but you have higher potential?

It usually means you'll have a big deadlift and poor bench.

Plus smaller looking arms, because longer muscles take a ton more mass to fill out and you'll never match the size of someone with shorter arms at the same height who trains equally.

He means that the longer arms you have the easier deadlifts are.

But conversely, bench press is harder

Or maybe people exaggerate and lie about their lifting stats on the internet. Or the people that are actually telling the truth or juicing or have been working out for several more years than you have.

7 months

*are juicing or have been...

So how did you progress?

Just lift same weight like 1 or 2 weeks in a row? move up in reps?

>tfw i havent progressed my deadlift in 2years because i havent bought more weights for my home gym

There's ways to progress your lifts beyond just adding more weight.

Most people here are on permabulks or up to their gills on gear. Anyone who's not are just like you op.

The key to why you're fucking up is that your cutting while trying to gain strength. You can do this for a while when you first start, but when gains refuse to come after this, it's because your body does not have the energy it needs. Natty lifters NEED FOOD. Most people don't have the discipline for a lean bulk diet, and neither do i. Start eating big, get enough protein. Get a little fat, and get strong. Strength is the last thing to leave you on a cut if your diet is right.

How?

More reps, more sets, higher frequency, make the lifts harder, etc.

Cmon man

Bunch of fucking liars my man, took me about a year and a half to hit 400 deadlift absolutely lifting my ass off

Anything that makes the lift harder. Add reps. Add sets. Cut your rest times. Move the weight faster. Make the movement itself harder or modify it to a harder movement (with deadlifts, that might be something like deadlift -> clean-grip deadlift ->snatch-grip deadlift or deficit deadlift).

Just adding weight is the simplest option, but its not the only one.

If you think you can make any kind of gains eating 1k cals a day you are fucking stupid unless you are a gnome.

If your cutting you'll lose strength, or stagnate. Just eat in a 10% surplus and leave it at that m8.

Yeah im 188cm or something
I really struggle with benchpress
I can do 5x50 but slightly more and i fail on second rep

Dont even get me started on pullups, if i lower my body to straight elbow theres almost no way i can go to top again

Besides, hiw does long arm make deadlifting easier? Better leverage for hips and knees? Or just back can get horizontal sooner when compared to short arms

Better leverage, shorter rom

For bench you have lower rom (duh)

You don't have to bend as much at the hips and knees to get down to the bar. If you're super-long armed like I am, your deadlift start position isn't far off what a lot of people rack pull with.

Higher rom* shit

Because you're a fucktard for comparing your own lifts to e-stats. Have you even been to a gym? 95% of people can't even squat above 2pl8 at mine, and rarely do I see anyone deadlift or bench above 1pl8 if that.

i put on tons of gains while cutting in my first 7 months, but all dem gains come to a screeching halt once youve stamped your noob card too many times, and trying to add more weight to your lifts after that is going to be impossible and make you feel like absolute shit as you head down the crooked path to snap city.

once i stopped cutting i started slapping gains on again

LP with deloads

I don't think you go toa very good gym

where I am most deadlifts average 3 plates, squats two and bench normally one and a half. That's sort of the standard gym goer strength, really. but then none of them blatantly train for strength either.

Or maybe you go to a good one because i agree with the other dude

There's a group of semi powerlifters who get 4-5plate deads but for the most part you just get 1 plate half squatters and benchbros. Most gym goers do bench, curls and sit ups.

>I'm cutting

You don't get stronger on a cut unless you're literally untrained. All you do is maintain lifts.

Focus on finishing your cut and perfecting form. Then start on your lean bulk and get stronger.

do them 1 handed

how much to eat on lean bulk?
+100-200cals?

200-300

I reached 200 kg DL in about half year. I started at 80 kg DL.

I forgot to mention that I've been going to the gym casually for 4 years before of that and done various forms of other sports. :^)

Gonna depend massively on your area / the type of gym

My first gym was pretty generic mainstream gym. Only notable lifter I ever really saw was 1 guy squatting 3pl8 easily. Even the guys that looked fairly big mostly just used machines and dumbells.

2nd gym was more of a club/spa so mostly casuals again. Except one guy who i'd seen deadlifting like 4.5pl8 and benching like 3.

Now I have a homegym and there's just this 1 dyel who benches 1pl8 squats 1.5 and deads 2

>tfw PR'd 330 after first 6 weeks of deadlifting

I fucking want 5pl8 DL so bad but PRing every week is too much for me. Does this progress last up until 4pl8+?

Fuck, not OP but I'm about to go into my first cut even though my goals aren't reached yet out of self consciousness, was planning to cut for 2 months. Will -500 with added jogging cut it, or can I go harder? 5'10 180 lb male

Pics?

You are mistaken.

>180 squat
>215 deads
>stuck
even on a cut, you are still firmly in noobgainz territory; clearly your form is holding you back. You need to post a form vid asap, and/or deload and focus on technique.

>if he can make gains on under 1k cals

no he cant

1) who is "everyone"? Are these your workout buddies who you've seen make gains, or are they internet e-statting whores?

2) How long have you been lifting? if you're stalling @ 215 deads, and you're doing the standard SL or a similar 5x5 routine, you may want to consider your form. 180 for squats isn't too far off what I would expect to be at when you switch over from a 5x5 to a more hypertrophy or strength-focused intermediate program.

The only thing to be ashamed about at this point is that your DL is not progressing very well compared to your squat, which means you're likely doing something wrong with your DL. Consider a form check with all your major lifts, particularly if you work out alone and don't get regular feedback from gymbros.

don't go beyond -500; your body will simply eat your gains.

Maybe.

Depends on genetics, really. For a good DL you need long arms & strong grip. If you have both of those, it's not unreasonable to expect noobgainz to get you near 350 before you start hitting the wall. 4pl8 might be a bit of a stretch, though.

Shit. So we're talking 8 lbs in 2 months is the best I can do then? Is there anything else I can do to improve faster visually in that time? I'm not looking forward to what stalling on my lifts will do to my motivation

No it wont "eat your gains"

That shit is majorly overstated. People do PSMF for two months and report no strength or noticeable muscle loss

If you're above 15% bodyfat cutting with a larger deficit than 500 isn't even a concern

How tall are you? What is your current bf%?

All I'm saying is that if you want to stay at or near your current lifts through your cut, you don't want to go beyond a 500 cal deficit. That's 1lb/week, which is actually relatively fast for a normal-weight person. As an example, let's say you're 5'11" (average height in USA) and 170 lbs. @ 20% BF (that means you have 136 lbs. of lean body mass). If you lose 1lb/wk of body fat, you'll be at ~165 & 17.5% bf after a month. After 2 months, you'd be at ~160 & 15% bf.

If you're over 20-25% bf, you probably could cut a little harder until you hit 25% bf before you start seeing your strength slide, assuming you're beyond your noobgains phase.

What are your lifts like?

Everything about me is probably more terrible than you would assume, I've only been lifting for four months and my lifts suck, but I'm not interested in gaining any more fat right now so I'm cutting before I hit my goals

I'm 5'10 180 lbs, started skinny and bulked to where I am now

Two weeks ago, my numbers were:
BP: 150 lbs 3x5
OHP: 95 3x5
Squat: 205 3x5
DL: 270 1x5

I'm listing my two weeks ago numbers because after that I switched to a program with much more volume that added some lifts and switched those to 5x5, and they haven't really evened out to where they should be yet.

I'm hoping that the extra volume (especially on rows which I hadn't really been doing before) will help my grip strength, because I can't increase my DL anymore because of it

>before I hit my goals
what are your goals? To lift a certain amount or to look a certain way?

you're weak af then , 425 dl in 7-8 months time and the first 3-4 months I weighed only 150lbs because I was a cross country runner lmao

fucking pussy I hit 495lbs after 11 minutes on SS.

I was hoping to have my BP up to at least 180 for reps by now and expected more out of my squat. Also didn't see the grip thing coming. I was hoping that some size would come with it, but in the back of my mind I'm still on fit's "hit 1/2/3/4 1RM's then move to aesthetics" mindset.

But yeah, I don't look great right now

>I'm still on fit's "hit 1/2/3/4 1RM's

Here's your problem.

Move to aesthetics after you exhaust your easy linear progression, numbers be damned. It sounds like you've done that. I banged my head against the wall trying for 1/2/3/4. These guys are mostly full of shit.

Start your cut but don't go too hard. your body will always love to find any excuse to consume it's own muscle. Get plenty of protein. The other guy was spot on with saying 1lb/week weight loss.

Maintain your lifts and once you start seeing some definition you will feel great.

Routine?

1/2/3/4 is a retardedly dump ratio anyway. 1pl8 OHP and 2pl8 bench is way easier than a fucking 3pl8 squat and a 4pl8 deadlift.

what would you recommend for aesthetics? Surely I'm not ready for any kind of intermediate program, I was just going to move to something higher volume, but I never made concrete plans since I was so far behind the standard

but I don't have 1pl8 OHP or 2pl8 BP either...

Focus on what you want to achieve first.

Do you want to up your numbers? Is that your motivation? Then bulk and lift hard.
I want to reach 2pl8 bench before my buddy, and that's what's driving me, so no cut until then, aesthetics be damned.

Do you want to look good for the grills and fit into better clothes? Start cutting and try to maintain your lifts at their current numbers, without expecting to surpass them.

Estating for most.

Hitting 400+ in 8 months is silly, imo the average untrained guy would probably start at or around 135.

You'd have to be putting on 10 lbs every single week for the entire 8 months to hit 4 pl8, which isn't really that realistic. Newbie gains don't run that long. Its possible if you do everything perfectly, get nice sleep, diet, and work for strength the whole time.

But TLDR you need to eat and sleep more probably. Also don't over train, 5x5 for strength is ideal.

something like

[A]
Flat Bench 3x8
Barbell Row 3x8
Incline Dumbbell press 3x10
Chin ups (or supine lat pulldown) 3x10
Side lateral raise 2x15
Triceps pushdown (rope) 3x12
dummbell curl 2x15

[B]
Back squat 3x8
Romanian deadlift 3x8
front squat 3x10
barbell Lunges 3x10
calf raise 4x12
cable crunch/leg raise 4x15

[C]
pull up 3x8
OHP 3x8
seated row 3x10
flat dumbbell bench 3x10
cable fly 3x15
barbell curl 3x12
lying triceps extension 2x15

AxBxCxx

I'm at 320 diddy and only 175 bench, looks like 4pl8 will be easier than 2 pl8 imo

I guess I'll cut for now then. The plan was to cut fir about two months, you tuink I can go below tdee - 500 for the first five pounds? 178 is kinda chunky

I just switched to the ketogains novice program, is that similar enough considering I home gym and don't have cables?

The ketogains program is a strength-based program still.

There are non-machine variations of most everything.

It was hard for me to accept that I will not be increasing my lifts during my cut and they may even go down (they did).

It was also hard for me to drop regular deadlifts from my routine all together. Sorry Veeky Forums

I feel and look better than when I was "stronger"

I kinda feel like I'm getting a lot of different advice, are you the same user that posted the routine from before (which does have deadlifts)? Are there any good aesthetics routines that are mistly barbell based? I thought ketogains was getting close

their form is probably shit

notice how there are injury threads and shit physiques? mostly from shit deadlifting and 5'5 2 1/2ft ROM

>tfw long arms
>all these tiny manlets can bench so much more but they can somehow manage 10 reps in like 3 seconds
>Even something as small as 135 lbs is a struggle

Just end me senpai

dont compare yourself to others and understand that even if you could only lift 10 pounds in the beginning and only went up 5lbs a week with consistency youll eventually lift big

I am the same user. Romanian Deadlifts are what I do instead of traditional deadlifts.

After about 2 years of farting around with different routines, the one I listed works best for me.

Also Ive been getting a lot of good advice from JamesGrage on youtube. His videos on form and how to best stimulate muscles are great.

There really is a difference between "just moving weight" and working a particular target muscle.

Are you a girl?

Aye babbyyy you need some help with that form check??

If you're a guy and you only dl 215, there's something wrong, and more than likely you're a skelly. There are some tips I can give and it will get your dl up in the next few weeks.

>These guys are mostly full of shit.

I doubt it m8. I'm working on 5x5 and made good progress, close to 1pl8 5x5, others are about 75% there.

Its very doable within a bit over a year natty as long as you focus on doing strength and your routine is tight.

huh, I always do romanian dl's too because my weights are iron (or something, not rubber)

I'll have to look more into your routine when I'm not on mobile, especially since ketogains takes two god damn hours and I want to add some cardio so I don't have to be embarassed when I try to bike uphill, for example

I'm 200lb pretty fat male.

Give me tips senpai, I think my form is fine

also, what kind of progression do you do on this routine ?

I was calling the time frame they are claiming (2-5 months) full of shit.

i can only deadlift 275lbs, but at least my form is good

most of the people i see in my gym lifting over 3pl8 have fucking terrible form

what are the tips?

Fuck user, that's me. 315 deadlift in 3 months. Sometimes I think it better to be a recovering fatty than to be a skeleton

How long have you trained? How is your hamstring work coming along? Properly lifting, and engaging the hamstrings is what brought me to 5+ plate dl.

Don't neglect the assistance work, and proper recovery time, can you dl 225? If not, what is going on and why are you breaking down so easily. Can you get the bar above you shin, knee, do your hips shoot up right away and you're left with the back/glutes trying to finish the lift,

senpai, without properly looking at a progression picture or a vid i dont know.. but if you're only training for a couple of months, its fine to havea 225 dl

for me, i always loved hitting thr hamstrings like a mother fucker, for quad work, i did goblet squats with a 120lb db and for hamstring i did romanian dl with 120 each hand, while stretching them out as far as you can go while standing on some type of platform, problem is these also made me puke at times, hitting them hard and giving them enough time to rest will get that dl up past 225

i imagine it really depends on the individual.

i made relatively smooth gains until i hit 3 plate DL, although i hurt my back and stopped for about 3 months. after i hit 3 plates progress slowed way the fuck down, and i'm having to use periodization and train accessories, core, grip strength to keep up.

i hit 1pl8 OHP first. i hit 2pl8 bench and 3pl8 squat almost at the same time, around 3 months after i hit 1pl8 OHP. 4pl8 DL was the hardest for me.

only reason ppl hit bench faster is b/c that's all ppl do at the gym. i went to the gym today during the midday rush and the power cage and squat racks were not in use. benches had waits.

the ppl who squat and deadlift come in late at night and go hard as fuck.

bump

When I first started lifting 3 years ago I could just barely deadlift 55lbs, I now deadlift 345 for doubles.

5 lbs on everything every work out, maybe 10lbs on diddies.

I did a large deload so that progress has been easy since I've just built back up to what I used to be doing. That said, I used to only do 3x5, now I can get 5x5 with better form.

Its pretty simple, I'm just making sure to use creatine, lots of protein, and lots of sleep. So far I haven't had much of a hitch.

OHP has slowed down but I can still increase for the first set, I couldn't say for sure how great it is until another month or 2 of grinding through this slower period.

At any rate, I'd recommend it i think. It builds strength, it includes all the best lifts (compounds), and you only need to spend about an hour for a work out 3 times a week.

PPL is another really great routine, but if you do the 5 day version it is hard on your body and you'll probably overtrain. That's why I switched. I'll go back after I hit my strength goals though.

Yeah. Probably.

There's plenty of threads where some idiot says he its lmao 2pl8 bench in his first couple months, but they always neglect to say they have previous training. Its literally impossible to make that progress that quick while natty. Not unless you're already very active.