Whats the lowest you guys think would be okay to drop your caloric intake daily?

Whats the lowest you guys think would be okay to drop your caloric intake daily?

Im just tired of being fat, and all ive veen eating is a few pieces of toast daily (about 100~ calories a day) and water for about a week now.
Am i just ruining my body? Any advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1500 is the cutoff. You're fucking up your metabolism eating only about 100cal a day. Find out your TDEE minus 500cal and adjust accordingly on a weekly basis. Also lift.

I ate 500 cal a day for like 2 years. lost all my muscle and was all skinny and shit

My TDEE is about 1800~ but i just want to be able to do things like run again, also no job canr afford a gym membership

100 calories is way too low. Try 5:2.

I eat about 1000kcal a day, mostly from protein.
I eat 2500-3000kcal once a week so I dont fuck up my metabolism.
I consider this to be very extreme, eating less than this could be considered retarded.

Unless you are just obnoxiously overweight (like more than 100 pounds) the general consensus is that -1000 calories daily deficit is about the lowest you can go before you start seeing diminishing returns (i.e. your body goes into "starvation mode" and starts lowering your TDEE.)

-1000 calorie daily deficit is 2 pounds a week. So basically, adjust your calorie intake until you are consistently averaging 2 pounds lost per week. Again, unless you're like more than 100 pounds overweight, for the average adult male that will put you somewhere between 1000-1500 calories per day. Again, adjust as you go.

I would do 1500. Get the right foods in you. Drink coffee to surpress cravings, eat leafy greens, cut out fruit, high protein food. If you cant afford a membership than do at home HIIT workouts or body weight exercises. Point is get your ass moving while dieting.

I'm only 205, but i'm also 5'4" im not sure how i would go about adjusting that

Do not go under 1500. 1000 is stretching it a bit and you'll feel weak as shit. Dont adjust if doing 1500, since you're close to starvation mode.

>Dont adjust if doing 1500, since you're close to starvation mode
Is this meme or fact? Thought starvation mode only happened at really low bf%?

Bumping for interest

You don't enter starvation mode when your bodyfat is high lmao

personally works for me....

take your BMR (base metabolic rate) and multiply by 7. thats the amount of calories your body needs to function PER WEEK.
bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

give yourself a lot of leeway on the weekends. i do 3kcal on sat and sun

the rest spread out m-f

if you do that and dont workout, you'll lose about a pound per week.

add running and lifting m-f, thats 2 lbs per week

any less will tap muscle mass for energy

as a general matter under 1800-1500 for males is too low

also i do a cyclical keto diet - no carbs m-f and weekends whatever i want

as you can see i intentionally take weekends off

mwf is running - couch to 5k plan (sticky)
t-th is lifting, full body bodybuilding routine 7-8 exercises 8x8

lost 3.5 lbs in two weeks first go at it- diet and exercising (just about 2 lbs per week/ 8lbs per month/ 24 lbs per quarter/ almost 100lbs per year if followed) ie if you do this right it shouldnt take too long to loose FAT.

when you drop 15-20 lbs re-calculate your calories with the BMR calculator

rinse and repeat

Muscle mass is only burned for energy at single digit bodyfat percentage reee

It's a bit of a meme as far as impact goes. But if you're doing 100 cal a day, your body will get fucked up, and you'll start to get side effects. Just go 1500 or so

My advice is to read the fucking sticky.

Less then a thousand but more then 500 calories. But only if you are well over 20% for a male or 35% for a female.

You will have to keep macronutrients high, take a multivitamin, keep hydrated, and occasionally drink a electrolyte solution or supplement with potassium and magnesium.

If you are hypoglycemic, diabetic, or have some other medical condition. Then you're going to have a really tough time with it and shouldn't do it.

If you live a life where you NEED to burn a lot of calories with activity(not exercise day to day life) then you will be completely fucked within 5 days.

I'm referring to PSMF
It's a really tough diet. If you have health problems it can be dangerous, but it works.

I wouldn't go more than 800 below TDEE

lol fuck that, i wouldn't even go below 300 tdee

>can't afford a gym membership
If you want a very condensed version, find a book called Convict Conditioning. The progression plans are a bit funny for some exercises, but common for all of them is that they start out so simple that anyone can do them.
Walking outside on God's green earth is free, and a fine way to lose some weight - It's how Jim Wendler went from being a meatball crammed into a multiply powerlifting suit to strongfat, and you could get there just fine, or even better, provided you pay more attention to your diet than him (shouldn't be too hard).

500 below TDEE like some anons said plus working out is something you can't go wrong with.
If you don't have the money for a gym membership ride a bike, buy a Kettlebell (there are cheap ones with some kind of concrete filling) and a pull up bar.
Do some body weight exercises.

You need to determine two numbers:

1. How many calories you eat
2. How many calories you burn (aka "TDEE")

#1 is easy. Read labels, weigh/measure everything.

#2 requires some trial and error. There's online calculators you can use to get a good starting point, but these usually estimate high.

Start out eating, say, 500 less per day than what the calculator tells you for your TDEE. Do this for a month, and track your weight during that month. What SHOULD happen is that you lose a pound a week pretty consistently. (one pound = 3500 calories = 500 a day.) If not, then adjust your calorie intake accordingly. e.g. say you're only losing an average of half a pound a week. Well then your estimate for TDEE is 250 too high. Adjust accordingly.

1 pound a week (-500 daily deficit) is a good, steady, doable goal.

2 pounds a week (-1000 daily deficit) CAN be done, but this will require more willpower on your part. You're going to be hungry. A lot. Embrace the suck, but just know that you will not die from this.

Deficits of higher than -1000 are not recommended. That's when you can start experiencing other health problems associated with crash dieting too hard.

Don't listen to people who just arbitrarily say "Eat X number of calories." That's oversimplifying it. You have to figure out the right number for you.

>Few pieces of toast
>Only a hundred calories

What magic is this, toasting bread doesn't remove calories the last time I checked.

Usually a slice of bread is 100+ calories...

I ran ~300-400 calories a day with cardio and poor nutrition and after a month realised that I had lost a shitload of my hair, was frequently tired and irritable and lost a lot of muscle.

Depends on the size and composition of the bread slice in question.

yeah you're right, a regular slice of bread is ~100 give or take a few, all user needs to do is make himself a couple of sandwiches with meat in