Is doing roughly 2 hours on the treadmill a day good for losing weight and building stamina...

Is doing roughly 2 hours on the treadmill a day good for losing weight and building stamina? (I normally never exercise).

I've been told it's pointless

Not if you eat like shit.

Self bump, please respond guys I'm heading to the gym in an hour and I need to know I'm not wasting my time/money

>Low impact cardio.

If you want stamina, do HIIT. If you want to lose weight, eat at a caloric deficit.

>exploding knees

I am currently eating a healthy caloric deficit

Are you stupid?

It's great. You just need to make sure you're also eating properly, otherwise you're not gonna get anywhere. What I mean is, if you're looking to lose weight, figure out how many calories your body on average burns in a day. Then, subtract about 300-400 calories from that number, and that's how many you should eat a day. You don't magically need to eat vegetables to lose weight, that's not how that works. You can get away with eating shit junk food as long as at the end of the day, you don't exceed your calorie limit. It wouldn't be smart, because you're not giving your body the proper nutrition and you'll just end up not eating much for the day, but it can be done. I used to be kinda fat, and I lost 40 lbs in about 5 months by just counting calories and being mindful to eat at a deficit.

Exercise isn't needed to lose weight, just dieting. Exercise helps, though.

Explain

fuckin KEK!

>2 hours on the treadmill

niga are u serious? I run for ~30 minutes a 5K every other day and I feel like dying

2 hours is like committing suicide, then returning from the dead and committing suicide again

Why?

Constantly landing on your knees running for that duration of time will destroy your knees. Also shin splints before that.

Stair treadmills burn as much as running in HIIT mode and are less impactful on knees because you are lifting up your body instead of coming down on the full weight of your body.

To lose weight, you must eat fewer calories than you burn. You MUST fix your diet first and foremost. You technically can lose weight without exercise, but you can't out-exercise a shitty diet.

Exercise doesn't burn as many calories as people think it does, but that doesn't mean it's not worth doing. Just consider it a bonus to whatever deficit you attained from your diet.

DO NOT use it as an excuse to justify eating more food. If you do that, you WILL fail.

Haha 2 hours every day? If you are not an experineced runner you will soon be injured. It fucks up your knees, joints, ligaments....

>Exercise doesnt burn as many calories as people think

Lifting heavy when in a caloric deficit does, guy

>not doing a HITT swimming routine

its like you want to fuck up your knees on purpose

Not really no.
Lifting itself burns fuck all.
Your body repairing itself from the damage caused by lifting is what "burns" calories.

This can easily be replaced with HIIT Tabata or being very energetic while doing some form of sport or activity.

Period.

>Constantly landing on your knees running for that duration of time will destroy your knees. Also shin splints before that.
What is proper running form

The other day I run at 10 km / h for 30 minutes straight and the machine said I burned less than 400 calories.

that's a fucking muffin.

>can't even run a sub half hour 5k
>gives running advice

I didn't say I was an expert, but OP sounds like a beginner, which was me 2 months ago. So I have some experience in that sense.

I lost 35lbs in one month. From 185lbs to 150lbs. I ate stupid light. Retarded levels of deficit. We are talking lots and lots of water to push past hunger and two apples and two bananas a day. At the gym it was three miles of stairmaster and three miles of running. Every fucking day. Was it smart? Fuck no. Far from smart. But I lost that goddamn weight and I didn't feel sick or anemic doing it. Suppose I'm rather lucky on that front.