I have free electricity at uni, what coin should I mine?

I have free electricity at uni, what coin should I mine?

ah, this thread again

ah this reply again

ETH, you'll need a gaming PC.

you should mine pascal.

Are coins even worth mining anymore? Everything feels too over-saturated with competition. Newcomers don't really stand a chance, do they?

Is it even worth mining with 1 gpu ?
I own a PC with geforce 1070 and i wonder if its worth it ?

If electricity is free then it's easy money. Don't expect to get rich of it though
I'm doing the same with a shitty 1060 3gb

monero

your uni will detect unusual activity on your port and disable it you retard

t. former uni networking tech

Goku

you can earn like a dollar a day maybe if you mine 24/7

Which isn't worth the time and effort and you should either invest in a rig or forget and just invest like the rest of us

good luck nigger I'm behind 7 proxies

you can just use nicehash then you don't have to worry about what coin is most profitable (it constantly changes) and you will be paid in bitcoin, the king of all shitcoins

Gridcoin

Help science user

I did invest in some NEO and ARK
Thinking about investing in Chainlink but all i can invest now is 100$
I wanted to invest more but my GF wants us to buy a house and i think that investing in house will bo a better option .

whattomine.com

little guy to little guy: just don't kill your card pushing temps. Go ahead and mine ETH with Ethminer or one of the equihash algo coins, especially since you have free electricity. probably don't go for claymore, since you won't dual mine shit with on a single gfx card. We're likely headed into a cup and handle for about a year. The ETH timebomb isn't going to kill you, and ETH will be POS/W for a while - keep up to date for when to switch off to something else. Nicehash won't be so nice when there's no demand for hashing power. wait until near the bottom of the cup to pick up nicehash, there will be a signal. Take my advice or leave it, you can find it pretty easy online.

so how many hours do i have to educate myself to even understand a 10th of that shit?

dont bother unless you want to meticulously study every coin and watch whattomine and constantly switch up what you are mining 20 times a day and download 50 different mining software and wallets

nicehash is 1 click mining, always mining the most profitable algo, get paid in bitcoin

Just mine BTC. Worst case scenario.. you break even in 6 mos. Best case BTC moons to 10000 and you do pretty well.

jakob u fucker is it you?

Nope

"Invest in a house"
People these days don't know anymore wtf investing is. That house is a liability not an investment. Buying a house would be more accurate

Lel, you want a college kid to spend thousands on an asic miner that's loud af and will likely heat up his dorm room so much he dies of heat stroke in his sleep??

I'm mining VTC with my single 980ti and I'm getting a little over a coin a day, when I started it was maybe $0.60/coin now it's $1.30 and climbing. It has a real chance of going up to $20 and more... not a sure thing of course but it's a solid coin with a very active dev team and lots of good features.

I also mine BCN with my CPU, it's a total shitcoin but I've mined almost 20,000 now and the dev team finally woke up after a long absence and are starting to do updates, it's sitting at $0.0013 but if these new updates cause a price spike to a few cents or more you can sell for an okay profit.

^

What are you software are you using for CPU mining ?
I mine XMR with my 1070 and a ccminer and i wonder if this is a good option

That's dumb, Lawrence. There's always markers - mortgage fraud, quintupled since 2000 and the average take-home pay. It's flat, but home prices are soaring. That means the homes are debt, not assets.

My mothers BF can get me some free materials so if i renovete the house it will be easy cash so yeah ... i treat it as invesment .

>The learns tho

With BCN I'm just using their built in wallet miner, I get like 150 H/s but when I mine it with GPU I use XMR-stak miner and get a a little more. Only thing is BCN is nearing its max coin supply soon so there is likely not much time left before it's all mined out. Not sure what will happen after that, might cause a price surge, but no one really knows.

I'm using CCminer for VTC right now and getting about 31 Mh/s with a zero fee pool in Eugene since I'm in the Pacific Northwest. Haven't mined XMR so I'm not sure how profitable that is... I've been long term holding everything I mine and so far I'm happy with that.

>wife's son

I get only 600H/s with my 1070 while mining XMR
My dick got smaller now ...

>mother's boyfriend
holy fuck user just kill yourself

Since my father is dead and you know ppl go forward with their life so yeah ... You go kill yourself . Free moniez isnt a reason for suicide you jelly fuck .

go to one of the top engineering universities in the US. No one cares if you mine bitcoin, I have three different rigs mining