Macros

According to Scooby's calculator I should be losing weight at 2800 cals a day, however I eat at like 2000 and only seem to maintain. If I drop to 1700 I start to notice progress. Does this mean the calculation is wrong or that I have metobolic damage?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZI5j57lleOA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Btw I'm 6'2 300lbs 23 male, I lift most every day and do HIIT twice a week.

Means your counting wrong

95% chance its because you are giving yourself too much credit for what is cardio. video related
youtube.com/watch?v=ZI5j57lleOA

>6'2 300lbs 23 male
>I eat at like 2000 and only seem to maintain

so wtf am I supposed to put into these damn calculators then.

>4x a week lifting for ~1.5h each
>sitting on my ass otherwise

you didnt watch the video, did you? If you are only lifting then that means cardio = ZERO put "sedentary" in the calculator

Eat more, you'll preform better and lose weight. I'm 5'11 and eating 2400, dropped from 215 to 210 in a week but I have a good bit of fat to lose

He means that the calculator is different then the video.

The video has a spot for cardio separate; the actual calculator does not (anymore I guess).

Thx user that makes A LOT more sense now when I look at my TDEE.

>you didnt watch the video, did you?

no I was just confused because he says "weightlifting is not cardio" but this calculator doesnt say "amount of cardio" anymore but says "activity level". I though weightlifting atleast counts as some form of activity but I guess I was wrong.

Scooby is working on that. Its been a problem that has plagued his calculators for a long time. People claiming they cant lose weight when its just that they misunderstand what can be included in the hours of cardio.

Since macros is in the title, how do I reduce my sodium intake? I'm going over 1000 mg past normal ever day even when everything else is fairly normal.

Question about these calculators: what should I enter under activity level if my activity is as follows. I I lift 3 times a week, for about 1 hour to 1 hour and 20 min (fullbody, heavy lifts) and do 30-40 min of cardio on the off-days (5k run or 40 min on an eclipse machine) and also have an hours brisk walk almost every day, but am pretty sedetary apart from that (deskjob). I do some push-ups, pull-ups and sit-ups throughout the day to compensate for this, but I hardly overdo it (like 10-15 pushups 2-3 times a day just to stretch the muscles basicially).

It means you're not moving enough

Are you fucking kidding me right now? I use myfitnesspal a little bit over two months now, and even in cheat meals my sodium level never gets even close to pass the limit

"Off days" being the remaining 4 days of the week? If it were me, I would use 1-3 hours of light cardio (first option in drop d own menu aside from sedentary) and add about 50-100 calories or so.

Track your weight, see how it fluctuates if your routine remains consistent. That's the best way to know.

> one hour of weights a day.
> sedentary the other 23
> no cardio at all
> thinking it still sounts as moderate exercise

You over estimated activity levels

Are you double checking shit. People tend to create items and leave out half the macros

MFP says my milk hasb0 protein, despite the physical milk carton saying its 8g per serve.
You're probably using foods without sodium entered properly

300lb lol. No way you can't lose weight at 2000 calories. You are way under estimating what you consume and over estimating what you expend. A well known trait among the obese.

Do some fork put downs and plate push aways.

AHAHAHHA TYPICAL
I SWEAR IM UNDER LMAO
NICE OVEREATING YOU FAT FUCK KYS

trying to blame scooby for your own dishonesty

sorry i had a long day but fuck u fatty

That's literally fucking impossible dude. Either you're really shitty at counting calories, or forget to record things you eat and then overeat. Literally nothing else is possible.

it means you're counting your weight lifting as cardio like a fucking idiot