QTDDTOT

I need your help guys.
>be me
>uni student studying music performance (only god can judge me)
>picking up instrument to take home at end of the day
>qt3.14 is there at same time
>sits next to me in class
>says "Wow anan, you got so tall. I was standing right next to you and I didn't even know it was you"
>think, "oh shit here's my opening"
>say "you sound just like my relatives"
>she laughs
>oh shit i'm in.
>remember I have autism
>to make sure I don't leak the 'tism i say "well, see ya later"
>Walk away
>see in reflection of door glass that she's walking in the same direction as me
>walk faster
>take an alternate route to car
>tfw I realize she might've been into me
>tfw she saw me speed up walking away
so how salvagable is this situation, and what's my next move?

Also, QTDDTOT Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/fun/rudy6.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=T0HSsT2GkJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=ilELpiF8QD4
strawpoll.me/11311248/r
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ud7CnPJcK6U
supertracker.usda.gov/bwp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no, not only muscle, just overall weight
~15-20% of my weight gains is fat

also pls respond

Bulk to 15%
Cut to 10%
No exceptions

what if i'm only in it for strength, and as long as i'm not fat i don't care about aesthetics?

Okay, so for the next couple months I'm completely without a gym. All I'll have is dumbbells that weigh 10, 15, and 20 pounds, but I'm still somewhat of a beginner so the weight probably isn't an issue.

I've been looking for dumbbell workouts I can do and I think I found one I like, but I wanted to get some other opinions on it.

bodybuilding.com/fun/rudy6.htm

I figured I'd do it three times a week. I know it's not high weight but right now I'm going for fat loss/aesthetics so I assumed it would work for what I'm trying to do.

did you get her number? If not, try to get it from her next time you see her. Don't outright ask for it, open with conversation, get it when you leave.

If she won't give you her number, you're fucked.

You'll pass a 20 pound dumbbell within a month, you're fucked.

If you're focusing on weight loss, prioritize your diet and cardio. Those dinky-ass dumbells are going to do basically nothing.

Chill bro. She probably chalked it up as a bad day. You didn't sperg out, so it wasn't a memorable event, and she's probably forgotten by now. Just make sure you say hi next time you see her.
Also:
Brehs, I have 2 "accessory" lifts I allow myself each day, after my compounds (any more is too much, since I'm cutting) and I work out thrice a week. I want to incorporate more tri, bi and trap work. How do I fit in in? I was thinking:

>Monday
Trap and tri
>Wednesday
Tri and bi
>Friday
Trap and bi.

Thoughts?

Also, what exercises are good for gaining mass for those 3 muscles?

Why not do a bodyweight workout, and use the dumbbells for accessory shit? One of the few times I'll recommend the shithole know as reddit: /r/bodyweightfitness

Can I get a form check for my squat?
youtube.com/watch?v=T0HSsT2GkJ0

This vid is a check for my thigh angle.

youtube.com/watch?v=ilELpiF8QD4

This one is to check my buttwink. Am I looking okay? Sorry if my fat thighs and ass kinda make it hard to tell lol

Just started working again and finally got some comfortable shoes but everyday I finish a shift my knees hurt so fucking bad and I have never usually had those problems.

Any way to relive this pain?

Decided to take a break from weight lifting and just give body weight a try.

I'm still doing a beginners BW routine, but I already like the upper body results I'm getting.
However, I feel like I'm progressing so quickly with lower body exercises that I might as well just go back to doing heavy squats and just keep building lower body and core strength that way.
Plus, my OHP was always relatively my strongest lift, so I don't know if I'm wasting time trying to teach myself to hand stand rather than just focusing on what I was doing.

So my question is this:
To combine the two, would this be a good routine, or would it be foolish?

A: Squats 3x5
Bench 3x5
Chinups 3x10
Dips 3x10
Pushups 3x10
Inverted rows 3x10

B: Deadlifts 1x5
OHP 3x5
Chinups 3x10
Dips 3x10
Pushups 3x10
Inverted Rows 3x10

AxBxAxx

differences between hex bar and barbell deadlifts?

Would a bodyweight exercise really be better than dumbbells? I feel like the dumbbells would work better, at least for the start.

Ya if he can't do a pushup, other than that nope

Is this correct? If so how is rice so fucking calorie dense?

Just started going to the gym and have DOMS. Even after my rest day my muscles are still sore.

Should I give myself extra time to rest or continue going?

I've been doing EZ bar curls 3x10 3 times a week and have basically failed at the 10th of the 3 rd set for a week straight.

Today I noticed I was "kicking" my left elbow out on my last few reps. When I tried to keep my elbow in, I failed at 7 on my last set.

I'm currently at 65 pounds, should I deload to 60 to correct my form for a week or two?

Mass is closer to your centerline, using more quad and slightly less glute/ham. Also don't have to hitch around your knees. Use barbell if you compete, but there is little reason to not use hex bar deads if one is available.

Kinda hard to tell from this angle. Probably easiest if you took one from the side.

The second video kind of indicates a wink, from what I can tell.

Also you seem to be leaning a little.. forward. It looks weird to me.

Not sure why you're doing so many curls but to answer your question, yeah, deload to correct form.

Form > weight. Don't waste your time and risk injuries by egolifting.

If it's really bad, then give it a day if you really want. I'm assuming it's actually painful, rather than the soreness sensation.

If it's just the fun DOMS, get back in the gym.

Kek, not even remotely. Just check the nutrition facts you dunce.

how should I incorporate the hex bar in a program like SS or SL?

i recently got sick with the flu and missed 2 lifting sessions (im running madcow 5x5)

should i pick up where i left off or redo the whole program?

i was only 1 week into madcow when i got sick

I lean forward just while I'm under the load to get ready for the squat, having it straight vertical would make it slide right off my back.

Yeah I noticed I do wink but I don't think that I wink into lumbar flexion so I think I'm alright but I wanted to get some opinions. I'll probably film another set from straight horizontal next time I get a chance.

There's no reason to on such a simple routine

if you were only one week in, very likely you lost any gains. Just do what you can and accept it, no use crying over it.

I'm new to this stuff and i was wondering which machines are used for which excercises, like for example a pull up bar is used for weighted chin ups.

>Not sure why you're doing so many curls

I'm on the 3x8 to 10 meme still (only been going to the gym since mid-April). It's done well to take me out of Skelly mode to almost Otter mode so far so I keep using it.

I admit doing bicep curls and skullcrushers (both 3x10) isolations for Vanity purposes (went from 10.5 inch arms to 13+ with them so far).

Could you suggest something better? If I'm overdoing it/wasting time, I'd gladly change-up my routine.

(thanks for your answer btw)

Use barbells, not machines son

Just go lift. Lifting will fix DOMS better than anything. Maybe warm up with some light cardio beforehand to get loosened up.
After a week or two of consistent lifting you'll stop getting DOMS.

The main reason not to use the hex bar - at least as a major movement - is that its basically redundant with squatting. The pull ends up being a high squat rather than having any real emphasis on the hip hinge .

What the fuck

looking for some stuff to add on to SS, what should I do?

If all you have is 20lb db's, then yeah. Definitely use them, especially for curls, but with bodyweigjt you can at least do some form of fullbody.

Then again, I'm dyel, so make your own call. Worth looking into, though.

Why do you want to SS?

What does the book say?

Are you progressing on your current lifts?

What are your stats?

>Why do you want to SS?
Why do you want to change SS*

Well, depending on your goals, you're probably fine desu.

If you aren't worried about lifting heavier on compound lifts or anything (bench, OHP, pulldowns or chins), you're fine doing your isolations. Just be aware that working so many isolations will most likely hinder your big lifts that target larger groups of muscle. Just eat enough, really. You'll be fine.

At worst you're just taking a slightly longer route to where you're wanting to be but getting different results at a different time (bigger arms faster). Just keep doin' what you're doin'.

I tend to get a night or two each month with little or no sleep. I'm also feeling quite nauseous and sick. Will this affect my gains? Should I postpone any activity until say Thursday or Friday?

>Why do you want to change SS?
Because it's simplistic and I want to add some accessories. I'm cutting anyhow so I don't want to rush into my turnaround when I reach goal weight with a bunch of accessories at 0.

>What does the book say?
I can't afford it right now.

>Are you progressing on your current lifts?
I'm cutting, but yeah, every week and a half or so I go up on one or two of my lifts. Still trying to fix my bench press

>What are your stats?
Squat 3x5 - 185lb
Bench 3x5 - 115lb (I know, I know)
Deadlift 1x5 - 235lb
OHP 3x5 - 80lb
Powerclean 5x3 - 95lb
Skullcrushers 3x5 - 60lb

Right on, thanks man.

Veeky Forums send help

where do I buy condoms and lube. I got a gf but I'm still a complete nervous fucking wreck and autist

1. lift (did this for 6 months)
2. be urself (check)

I've gotten blowjobs and handjobs from her before, but we can't sex until I get condoms and lube.

Not getting proper sleep will negatively affect gains. Also if you're sick you shouldn't lift, rest and recover until you feel better.

Download the book.

If you are going to change the program, swap to one that more closely aligns with your goals. Don't bastardise an existing routine with no knowledge of what you are doing.

Also, there is nothing wrong with simple, I don't understand why people need to complicate lifting so much.

Your weak as shit, you should be progressing session to session and you really don't need to be bloating the program.

>where do I buy condoms and lube.
Walmart, CVS, Kroger, Safeway, K-mart, 7-11, fucking quicktrip. Literally any place that sells convenience items

Anyone?

strawpoll.me/11311248/r
>strawpoll.me/11311248/r
strawpoll.me/11311248/r
>strawpoll.me/11311248/r
strawpoll.me/11311248/r
>strawpoll.me/11311248/r
strawpoll.me/11311248/r
>strawpoll.me/11311248/r
strawpoll.me/11311248/r
>strawpoll.me/11311248/r
strawpoll.me/11311248/r
>strawpoll.me/11311248/r

What do you work in? Have you tried those insert pads?
Worst case scenario, save up for the doctor user.

I work at Starbucks

Can anyone give input?

Definitely see a doctor or check with someone to see that you're doing correct form.
Starbucks should not cause knee pain unless you got an illness. Foot blisters? That's normal, but not knee pain.

Not really. You picked a pair of filming angles where its basically impossible to get a good look at whats actually going on. If you want a serious check (or at least as serious as you're going to get from a bunch of randoms based on a single set) you want a side-angle view at roughly hip height. Preferably one where you aren't wearing striped shorts.

Best exercises for glutes? I mainly just do Bulgarian squats, farmer's walk with heavy barbels, leg press and straight-leg dead lifts. Feels like those are the best ones for glutes. I don't squat cause I feel like those squat variations are way better. Anything else I should add there? I just mainly do those heavy lifts instead of some peeing-dog-exercises.

I really wanna maximize my glute gains. Also, how many reps should I do? I usually do 6-10.

What to wear when squatting?

Anything that doesn't hinder movement is usually good enough. The stripes are just an issue for judging depth because they mess with being able to see what's going on.

How do i into psmf?
What is the protocol for this besides "just eat meat, bro"
I should suppliment nutrients, right?
Are vegetables allowed?
How much fat is acceptable if eating a meat?
How many carbs are acceptable if drinking a whey?

I really want to cut the last stubborn pounds off, and this seems like a good way to "force" them off.
I also don't want to lose musculature or malnutrition myself...

Hip thrust

I get a sharp pins and needles sensation in the top of my left thigh when I do bulgarian split squats. It only comes in after doing about 5/6 reps, but it makes it really fucking uncomfortable to keep going. Can high/low squat just fine, box jumps are fine, I do plenty of cardio.

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?

Hip Drahve*

I'm pretty new to lifting, following the Stronglift 5x5 for the last month or so and am seeing great improvements (I was just benching, squatting, deadlifting before that 3x5).

Problem is I don't have a squat rack (home gym) and probably won't be able to get one for another 4-5 weeks because I'm poor. I'm only squatting 110lb at the moment, and while I know I can progress further with my squats, I'm struggling to lift the barbell up to my chest these days and it's resulted in some injuries to my shoulders.

Are there effective ways of doing squats without a squat rack until then or should I just stick to my most injury free weight until I buy one? I only really have a bench press but I'm slowly improving my equipment.

I'm just worried because I'm now benching and deadlifting 145lb and know I can improve a lot more over 4-5 weeks and don't want to become all disproportionate.

No nigger, hip thrust.
Squats are for legs

Hip thrust until you get a squat rack

Okay. Should I bulk if I have, squareish chest and I'm skinny fat? Just keep putting on muscle ? What food would you guys suggest to eat to hit around 2300 calories

Never bulk above 15%
Try lifting
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ud7CnPJcK6U

You hear me you fucking faggots? A-B-B. A-Always, B-Be, B-Bulking. Always be bulking. ALWAYS BE BULKING.

That's literally perfect for me. Sorry, I barely know any lifts besides the major compounds

cheers brah.

Newfag here.

I've been lifting for a month at this point. My lifts have all improved and I've noticed muscle growth, but my weight has decreased. Is not gaining weight bad? Is it possible to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time or am I not eating enough?

A pound of fat takes up much more area than a pound of muscle.

You might not notice losing a pound of fat as much as you might notice gaining a half pound of muscle.

>A-Always, B-Be, B-Bulking
Y-you t-too

I guess I should have typed it as: "A! Always! B! Be! B! Bulking!"

>Scrolling through /fit catalogs
>Gets raging boner (I'm in NoFap)
>Is it homo or str8? I think it's mostly str8 but there is a gratuitous amount of gay pics mixed in with it,because it's a really gay img board. I welcome it.
>Is it gay?

So I tried to get a Power Rack for my home gym but literally every option was shit. My country fucking sucks.

Not like mildly bad, like legit "Fuck I cannot live with this" bullshit.

Anyway, I found a vendor that sells and makes Squat Racks that look solid, pic related. And asked them to put the squat safeties at 80 cm instead of the 60 cm they use normally. I'm 6'1 so even ass to grass the bar is still at around 85-90cm of height.

My workout bench is at 50 cm, so there's gonna be 30 cm for my body to go between the bar and the bench.

How likely am I to decapitate myself with this shit?

In the video the guy said that intermediate body builders would get fat from a bulk because of less growth potential. I barely have months in the gym , so how is a bulk bad for someone who skinny fat? On top of that doing ss, wouldn't a cut make me weaker?

uhhh. U see those notches? U rack it there budd. The lower side panels is a rack pull start point where you do partial deadies.

No yeah I can totally rack it safely. I'm just concerned that if I fail when trying a PR and reracking it's gonna fall in my forehead and my brains are gonna hit the floor or some shit like that.

got ya.
>Yeah we short people can usually break into a dodge roll or evasive crouch if we are on a muscle failure.

Y! You! T! Too!

Anyone know any good exercises for chest development besides bench and flyes?

Incline Dumbell Bench Press

>says no bench
>incline bench

Resistance push-ups maybe?

Dunno never tried them, dips can work too but that's arguably more triceps

So what do I do if I can't do any pullups? Should I use the lat pull down machine until then or is there a better way?

Negatives, resistance band, assisted pullup machine.

Pretty much. Just get one of those doorframe pullup bars, they are like 10 bucks.

>When will /fit start it's own cult?
I've been coming here for a couple years now and this board already has it's own ideologies which are, believe it or not very countercultural such as:
>Fat hate
>It's own unique homo errorticism
>Peer reviews
>Man to man advice giving. Not to say it's all men, but cults and secret societies typically have an all male motif.
>Anonomys, which is highly countercultural.
>Rampant irreverence toward women, which is a lost wisdom.
So /fit when will we get our own /fitizen youtube channel that binds it all together with routine increments. Also "the sticky" is not really doing it for me. It should be concrete /fit euphemisms.

Are we not already a cult?

Don't we all wear the same lifting shoes from the same cobbler?

Do we not worship a False God?

Are we not already in a "compound" where we only speak to each other?

>If i'm not mistaken there's been a lot of /pol youtube channels that focus specifically on that target audience that get semi-internet famous.
>If you did a similar business model with an actual return of net gain and followed through and wasn't a nigger about it you could be somewhat successful.
>Cult means youtube following. Pretty much the same.

>Pretty much.
There should be a branching out of networking though. We should spread our agenda through the appendages of tier-2 youtube media.

Is it acceptable to compliment a married woman?

Only after cumming on her face.

STOP posting that shitty smiling M&M meme.

I work from 6pm to 6and as a cnc operator, and am planning on going to the gym after work. Figured I'd start on SS. I've read the sticky many times. Can I go ahead and just jump in there,or should there be any prior preparation before going to the gym for the first time?

Download and read the SS book. I don't see the point in committing to a routine for 6 months without putting 2 nights in reading the source material. I personally prefer Strong Lifts to SS aswell.

Regarding your first day at the gym. Just remember water and a towel, wear flat shoes and clothes that breathe. Nobody gives a shit about you so don't think people are judging you at all, also don't judge others.

Be realistic about your goals too, you ain't going to be jacked in 6 months.

Is it easier for a fat person to lose weight? Or a skinny person to gain weight?

Is keto a meme? I need to lose 40 lbs by january for something specific and I am 255 lbs at 6'1"

Both have to change their eating habits and lifestyle. So it's essentially the same.

>Is keto a meme? I need to lose 40 lbs by january for something specific and I am 255 lbs at 6'1"
It's not a magic bullet and you shouldn't be looking for one.

40 lbs ~= 40 weeks.

Granted you are pretty damn fat you could shoot at 20 weeks (which is a -1000 deficit). You still won't be at your goal come January.

Don't let that discourage you though, start now.

Where is the best place online to buy protein?

So according to this site I can reach it by eating 1500 calories a day because it takes like 3.3k to maintain my current weight

supertracker.usda.gov/bwp/

You won't, because you will fail.

Fatties always sit down and plan out completely achievable goals and give up 1 week in.

Be realistic.