>current year
>not training in a combat sport

what's your excuse?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PgUKUZfihhg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But I do, user.

>t. Muay Thai kickboxer.

I don't live in a third world shit hole, so I don't have to worry about getting into street fights?

>ywn know the feeling of beating your fellow man in an even contest of strength, skill and intelligence

I feel sad for you

>be LEO
>constantly wrestling
>constantly shooting

I do, user.

>combat sport
>caring about hand to hand when no one fights fair
>tar babies always ganging up even though it starts a 1v1

Fuck that I'd rather just get a CCL

im not a violent person

Sounds like a feeling only lonely, self-obsessed losers could enjoy.

Don't want concussions or chipped teeth

Unless you live in a shit hole, chances of you getting into a heated conflict are close to zero.
Chances that those are not instantly defused by people around you even smaller.
And if you look strong, chances are even slimmer anyone will actually fuck with you.

But okay. Let's plan for the worst.
You get in a fight. You can't run.
Chances of you running into someone with actual fighting experience are so fucking small. Most people who will actually attack you are drunk retards.
This is one of the things that piss me off the most in "muh style is better than your style, cause XY won't work gainst someone experienced on da streets"-discussions you find yourself in the martial art scene. Shut the fuck up. Unless you are actively seeking to go into competitions, being able to beat up a drunk fuck is plenty.
So let's get to said drunk fuck. You know what he will do? Most likely he will first (sucker)punch you with some wild swing. If you actually get knocked out by this, you deserve to be humiliated.
OR he will utilize his Rocky-marathon knowledge and try to (kick-)box you. With shit form. And zero power.
Do you know what it takes to shut that shit down? Not being as drunk as him and being above average strong. You punch him and then you literally just pick him up and drop him or even throw him away. Or just push him really hard. Or grab his arm or whatever. If you are stronk enough, this shit is easy enough with a drunk person. (DO NOT kick him.)
This will work 99% of the time. Just being stronger/heavier.

(cont)

(cont)

Now before someone comes around with ye old "But user-senpai! What if...?"
Because all the "What if"'s are either unlikely and/or amount to a game of pure luck, where your hypothetical training will amount to little.
Some of those scenarios being groups, weapons, being intoxicated yourself, working security, etc

There are exactly four reasons to train martial arts/self-defense:
>You live in a high-violence environment.
>You work in some kind of conflict field (army, security, etc)
>You are talented and could go pro.
>An active hobby. (This includes ye old "muh budo spirit")

For everything else:
Lifting weights and MAYBE taking a 6-month boxing course are plenty.

When you're big enough people know better than to fuck with you

>it's totally not because I'm a huge pussy

Veeky Forums just likes to talk about being alpha by lifting a heavy object a few times and crying at their house

Who are you wrestling and what are you shooting in low earth orbit, user?

I read all of that, and I more or less agree.

Also though, people are free to do whatever the heck they want just because.

Wrestling other officers for training purposes, or the people I'm arresting.

No constellation shooting here.

>Also though, people are free to do whatever the heck they want just because.

>An active hobby.
That's what I said.

But I'm sick and tired of hobbyists running around like what they are doing somehow makes them hot shit.
Those are the types of people who get into arguments and get their ass kicked in by someone who was simply bigger and stronger.

Because I remember the basics of CQC.

Kek you'd have to have a very large weight advantage to beat even a "hobbyist" martial artist

>january 2015
>I get into MMA
>I do great, I go training at least twice a week , getting much stronger than ever, learning new moves constantly, dont care about my loneliness anymore because I'm always training/exercising
>dreams of reaching ufc level in the future and becoming a mma and jiujitsu master
>months pass, I eventually start feeling with no energy before and during training, pale skin, stamina low as hell, cant tolerate cold weather, weakness, losing all the strenght I achieved and more, losing a bit of weight, cant gain muscle mass
>daily constant anxiety, diarrhea, very poor focus, autism when interacting with people, tireness/sleepiness and insomnia at night ironically.
>absolutely cut off all training on march of this year, become a depressive sedentary useless piece of shit. Still tired all the time no matter how much I sleep.

Living the nightmare

Kek you'd have to have a very large weight advantage to beat even a "hobbyist" martial artist

Sounds like chronic fatigue syndrome, go ask your doctor for tests.

Criminals just carry guns nowadays kek

And I refer you to:
Anyone who trains and understands what they are doing, understand that any fighting situation is a game of luck with various factors. Experience being only one of many.

Which is exactly the reason most of them don't pick fights when you can avoid them. Because there is no point to take the risk.
Fucking animals understand this.

It's delusional "fighters" who don't avoid fighting or even look for it. And even if they have a slightly higher chance of winning an individual fight: They end up getting fucked up for being an arrogant dick.

literally where do you live?

Time and money. Idk of any affordable martial arts classes I could do in my area once a week.

I live in the woods and im a farmer

What's bad about wanting to beat people in a competition? Are you not competitive? Do you not see the value in pitting yourself against an opponent to see if you have the will to win?

I'm not talking about brawling in everyday life, I mean proper organised fights. If you can't see the value in that then I think you need to re-evaluate what it means to be a loser, because you've never won anything

I loved boxing but had to stop from old shoulder and knee injuries. First time sparring was really humbling. I thought I had some skill because I took other martial arts in high school then I sparred with an ex Olympian and missed most of my punches.

I wasn't arrogant but thought I could at least land some decent shots on the guy but nothing. After that sparring was fun but some people go full retard and think it's an actual fight.

I got blood and urine tests. Everything ok. Then various tests at a gastroenterology hospital because diarrhea was unbereable, only to find out I had severe lactose intolerance.
I will visit a doctor soon to get more tests done I guess, maybe my problem is the classic anxiety and depression, in which case I should see a psychiatrist and get medication.
>chronic fatigue
What even causes that? I used to be very strong, energetic and healthy, I refuse to believe I suffer from such a women disease, I would rather jump off a building than continue living like this if it has no cure

Tore out shoulder and knees so im no good at quick movements and bipolar doesn't allow me to enjoy things

You have to be self-obsessd to enjoy it. No, I'm not. I see its disvalue.

Kek

Step it up user & get on my level

I make no progress at all in most things I do and dont get joy out of anything. You want me to train with someone else?

Intredasting

How's your diet?

Boxing masterrace reporting in.

>humans were built to fight using our hands

Is this anime good?

yeah it's not bad

youtube.com/watch?v=PgUKUZfihhg

thanks senpai

Fucked my hip in BJJ. Stopped me from throwing any kicks in MT, and couldn't walk right for awhile.

Stopped training since spring. Hopefully starting up again in a few months but $

I kind of want to try just to see how much of an advantage being jacked will give me in striking.

Does anyone who has taken Muay Thai know how much of an advantage being strong will give you in your strikes? I always see MMA people squatting several plates despite being incredibly lean, much like myself.

Cause street fights end up in just a few propper punches. Fighting is all about flexibility and endurance, which don't really matter in irl fighting situations where you can make use of your surroundings to fuck somebody up real quick. Literally all you need to know to win a streetfight is 1 or 2 basic judo throws and the concrete does the rest of the job for you

Being jacked isn't an advantage dude. It's power and stamina at the expense of mobility, flexibility and speed. It's all pointless if you cant hit your opponent

>not doing body combat

>Hajime no Ippo has an anime
How did I not know about this?

Also thinking about getting into boxing once uni lets out for the summer

I'd do BJJ if it didn't look so gay

No thanks I'm straight

I want to start with wing chun in a month. I hope I'm gonna make it.

That's right goy stay weak and defenceless

>training in a combat sport
>not joining the military and going for spec-ops training instead
I mean, if you're gonna train yourself to become a weapon, might as well go for a lethal one.

id smack you irl because u think like a bitch

I'm getting back into boxing to get my stamina back because lifting all the time sapped my ability to go do strenuous shit for long periods.

It's fun. Some days I remember techniques I haven't used in a while. Feels like when you get an ability in Metroid or some shit.

>worry
>not enjoying a good fight

nu-males, honestly...

But I do too boxing/kick boxing/muaythai/sanda

Hnnnnnnngggg

Mah negro

You sound like a faggot tbqh familia

Fire me irl, bitch.

>Feels like when you get an ability in Metroid or some shit.

Hahaha I know that feel. "Oh shit, I forgot I could do this. I forgot this was even a thing. Awesome!"

I'm doing Judo because I really dont want to risk concussion, but don't care about other injuries.

And in my opinion training for actual combat is borderline retarded but combat sports are god-tier for being Veeky Forums

Kickboxing for me op

Meet me at the Nintendo factory fGgit

Lol bitch boy

But I do user

I make take paper targets and mark a spot 4 inches above the intended spot. and back up 20 yards. Then shoot with a realism M83 airsoft rifle

Its to simulate engaging targets 100-200 yards away.

I own a can of pepper spray.

Fuck yeah, I love it when that happens.

I just remembered how to do an American hook correctly. Fucking knocked the bag off a chain with one good hit.

What kind of place am I looking for to learn a combat sport? Like a dojo or what? I'm thinking jui jitsu

Just signed up for a boxing gym.

Friend lent me his Fairtex, but I'm gonna have to return them soon.

Anyone know a good pair of pure striking gloves? Gonna be doing boxing, not Muay Thai or anything.

Just got home from muay thai practice. I also play football.

Pretty much all my friends do martial arts, gym + a team sport or military.

Thinking about getting into bjj or boxing. I have wrestling experience so i'm leaning towards bjj. Boxing sounds like it could be fun tho

>training in a combat sport
Just fuck my joints up sempi!

Enjoy being crippled by 40.

Nowhere to train, nobody to learn from.
I wish I had the opportunity, though.

Quite the cadre you've got there.

What to do if your someone who was too autistic to go to a gym so you made a home gym and got built and you now want to get into a fighting sport but your too autistic to actually go and physically interact with others?