I did my first work out today. I'm pathetically weak. Far weaker than I expected. Dumbbell press with 20lbs dumbbells...

I did my first work out today. I'm pathetically weak. Far weaker than I expected. Dumbbell press with 20lbs dumbbells. Bicep curl 20lbs. Bench press a little more than bar only. I'm 21 6'3 275lbs of pure fat. It was the most embarrassing thing ever. What do.

Also, I was 350lbs a year ago. Lost the weight by eating right and cardio. Could this be part of the reason I'm so weak?

Good form takes time, don't give up. Everyone on this board has dealt with embarrassment at the gym.

Everyone has to start somewhere.

Thanks. I needed to hear that. Despite how meh the first day went, I don't at all feel like quitting. I just want progress. I want to lift weight that someone as big as me looks like he should be lifting.

Don't give up bro, but just out of curiosity, have you ever played sports or had any physical job before?

Why do you give a fuck about how embarrassing you look? The fact that you made the decision to start working out is already the most important thing

Nigga

nobody cares at the gym, everyone is doing their own thing unless you block their way or not rerack

keep it up user

This OP, its good seeing fat people trying hard at the gym, people want you to succeed and get healthy

Never played any sports. I worked in a meat market and had to move boxes a lot of mornings but only for the first 1-1.5 hours of the day. This was around the time I lost the weight. I only worked there for a year and my current and previous job are both office jobs.

Everyone starts somewhere man. Don't let it get you down. People really don't pay as much attention to you as you might be thinking they do. Stay with it and you will improve. Keep it up for us at least user.

That's going to be big contributor to why you're not strong. It's possible you're going to find out that you're significantly smaller in the long run than you thought you were. Stick at it tho! And you'll get there bro

Thanks user. Makes me feel a lot better about today. Can't wait to hit the gym again tomorrow.

Very much agree with this, I just find it baffling that a guy that size would struggle this much, idk

>dumbell press 20lbs dumbbells

lmao I started with the 13lb ones (6kg) like 5 years ago.

We all gotta start somewhere. Keep on trucking man. You'll be benching plates in no time.

>It was the most embarrassing thing ever.

Every beginner believes that the guys at the gym are watching their every move like they're the new guy in prison. Truth is nobody cares unless you interfere with their workout or do some extremely dumb shit.

I feel like I have a decent sized "frame". I guess its kinda hard to tell under all the fat though lol. Also, gyno?

Its not really hard to understand, i was 6ft 140kg 3 years ago and my lifts were the same as OP's when I started, asll i did was play video games and study

Missing out on sport as a kid makes people weak as fuck usually unless they do labouring or something strenuous

Get back in the gym fattie. Make me proud.

This will sound cliché, but consistency really is key. Keep at it for another year OP and you'll look back and laugh at the times you used to feel fat, weak and insecure

It's not gyno. But god you're disgusting

Yup. That why I'm eating right and hitting the gym. Also, if you think it's bad now you should have seen me 75lbs ago.

I was where you are now about 2 months ago, user.

Once you push past that hurt and you feel that first ounce of progress it's like a fucking drug.

Hang in there.

The reason so many people try and get fit and then quit straight away is cos it does suck when you first start if you go in completely untrained. You're weak as fuck and the DOMS are a bitch.

You just gotta push through that first bit and you'll start feeling a lot better really quickly, it's a shame more people don't understand this

I started out a little weaker than you, but I was a 15 yr 120 pound skelly, so...

75 down. You're pretty much half way there man. Keep lifting and you'll make it one day.

>Could this be part of the reason I'm so weak?

nah, you're weak for the same reason everyone else is at the beginning. your muscles and central nervous system aren't used to doing this stuff.

good job on the 75 pounds already lost. keep at it. as long as you're consistent with training, diet, and rest you will make very fast gains as a beginner.

also no need to be embarrassed. sounds hackneyed but 99% of ppl at the gym only care about what they're doing and don't give a shit about other ppl. so do your thing.

Could being a fat fuck doing your first work out ever be the reason you are weak?

Yes it could my tubby friend.

kek my first day at the gym I couldn't even curl 20lbs. Don't worry breh, keep at it.

That's no gyno, you are just fat

Real talk: other people notice you and may be judging you. You shouldn't let it bother you though, as long as they don't verbalize what they think.
I'm a weirdo and people look at me strange everywhere I go, probably because I look like a sociopathic pedophile Muslim (I'm white). But what can ya do. At least you can change your weight

When I started I couldn't bench the fucking bar.

I couldn't do a squat with no bar.

Just stick with it.

You'll also get the 3rd week blues and want to quit. Keep at it.

We all have to start somewhere,
Besides you already lost 75lbs, bro. You can do this.

Everyone has to start somewhere
Things like these take time and effort, which is why so many people give up
Don't be like these people

We're all gonna make it