Anterior Pelvic Tilt

Exactly how bad do I have it and how can I fix it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K-CrEi0ymMg
youtube.com/watch?v=WpO5pgQwc5c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Christ are you doing that on purpose?

brehs

This is how my spine looks with my arms up and as relaxed as I can get without collapsing, should I take another pic that's more tightened up?

Shit dude.

Do stomach vacuums until it hurts constantly, and isolate your hamstrings somehow. Not situps, you'll just work your overworked pelvis and back muscles.

I think this is what I have...
I'd post to contribute but I'm 18*.
Curious about this though

ayy lmao

jesus christ lmfao

that shit is very bad bro...

Flex your glutes to push your hips forward whenever you can. Literally whenever you think of it, which should be any time you stand or walk. Standing up tall with generally good posture makes it easier to keep your hips in alignment. Just do it as often as you can and it will be more natural as time goes by. I tried to fix mine with all sorts of stretches and hip exercises but I never stuck with them. Just actively thinking about it during my day to day life for a couple weeks did wonders for me. Your case is pretty bad though, are you actually physically able to straighten your body out?

Your lower back must kill you.

lordosis maximus

This is the worst case I've seen - I thought I had it really bad (althought I've been working to fix it recently).

Damn, go see a doctor. Don't even try to do any overhead exercises.

this is really fucking bad APT

it's ok though it's not so hard to fix. It's caused because your abdominals and glutes/hamstrings (in green) are weak as fuck, and your hip flexors and spinal erectors (in red) are strong and tight

What you need to do therefore is activate and strengthen your abs and glutes/hamstrings, and stretch your hip flexors and spinal erectors.

Do lots of stomach vacuums for abs.

Do leg curls and romanian deadlifts for hamstrings/glutes.

next learn to constantly activate those muscles. First learn to do it while standing. Contract your abs and glutes and hamstrings, trying to push your pelvis into proper alignment. Hold this for as long as possible. Do this over and over, within a week you'll find that just normally standing, you'll feel your abs, glutes, and hamstrings activating. Next try and work on it while walking.

Look up hip flexor stretches and do them twice daily

not op but thank

Doing stomach vacuums right now as I type this, and will start adding Romanian deadlifts on my normal deadlift day, and will keep in mind to activate these muscles
Pr'd on OHP today, 140x1, I was taking a video and saw how fucked my back looked so led to this thread.

Is pic related about the position I need to be in constantly now?

Almost like magic.
Not OP and not this guy Doing vacuums too as I type this, thanks kind user.

Yes. If you wear a belt, try to keep your belt buckle pointed forward, never down. Or imagine your hips are a bowl of water; you don't want any spilling out.

That's a good improvement, I think you're going to make it.

I work from home. Would slav squatting instead of sitting help with this?

u don't need to work your hammies, you need to work your ass.

your hamstrings are already being stretched because your ass it literally too weak to hold your pelvis in place.

Dude, working is the opposite of stretching, working is contraction.

>u dont need to work your hammies they are already super stretched
My brain is full of fuck

oh lawd

Stomach vacuums are fucking withcraft.

I'm pretty sure APT is weak hamstrings, the opposite is dense hamstrings. His lower back above the ass is curved due to excessive support.

I'm too lazy to do any research on this again though. I'm trying to remember who did the youtube videos on this, there's a couple good ones.

Anyway, godspeed OP.

>Stomach vacuums are fucking withcraft.
what

damn, girl

was just learning about this, pretty good video on it.
youtube.com/watch?v=K-CrEi0ymMg

Widow's fucking hawt

These exercises really helped me, OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=WpO5pgQwc5c

Also: Don't cross your legs.

so if I'm really skinny (>6' and 125lbs) but have a bloated looking belly and a curved spine, it's an APT? it's hard to sit straight.

Witchcraft.

I'm dumb.

You taking estrogen and reverse-bulking to become a shemale, dude?

APT is caused by the hip flexsors are shortening from sitting all the time and not working them. so you need to stretch them, not your hams.

basically your shits all fucked up, and you need to work your hip flexsors, abs, and glutes.

You need to stretch/mash your hip flexors

>Hey, agent K

The problem is that your hammies are chronically shortened, and glutes chronically lengthened.

The biggest help I've found, at least in my case, is focusing on the glutes. You gotta stick your ass out during squats & deads, BUT you then have to consciously squeeze your glutes in order to adduct your legs (rotate them internally). Otherwise, your stomach will take its opportunity to have free reign to lazily stick outward, which then forces your psoas/hip flexors to activate (which are also chronically worked as a result of the weak gl00ts).

Lately I've been noticing deads help immensely. I know right away if I'm doing it right because it feels like a line of force down my body that previously felt blocked, suddenly connects with the floor through my feet, and I'm tight as a whip. I actually found today, on my last rep, I couldn't hold the bar with double overhand so switched to mixed grip with my left hand turned out, and when I sunk down I realized my entire left side was lazily sinking down to the floor. So I tightened it and pushed my left heel down and BOOM pulled that mofo up with the strength of Zeus himself.

Not that dude but what are some good hip flexor stretches?

google it nigga

jej

>lel

is this bait? because almost every single thing in this post is blatantly incorrect.

Alan thrall had a really good video about APT.

kek i have it just as bad as you...

literally two videos already posted for exercising that area. is this fucking b8?