Cravings

fat fuck here, was 265 4 years ago got down to 190 and then jumped up to 295 because im a failure of a human being and not fit to see the light of day, im losing weight again but every now and then i will slip up on cravings and binge a little bit and this is usually after i hit my calories for the day and usually ill jus go rip my shirt off and look in the mirror to remind myself of the swine that i am to stave it off but id like a way to completely eliminate them completely so i can ensure i dont ever get them unless i actually am hungry and need food. I know this is mostly just down to willpower but I think I should be expending my willpower on getting thin and becoming stronger for good.

ill take any advice

thicc related

g-guys please respond

>going on Veeky Forums
>asking fitness related questions
Ayyy nice joke

well alright then.

drink your carvings away, thats what i do, usually have diet snapple half and half, or buy crystal light packets or lipron diet green tea, gotta have options, if you want to eat eat cucumbers or low calorie food, if you still go for the fat hsit then its just your shitty willpower.

Don't fucking bring garbage food into your house. Ever

If you're going to cheat, go out to a restaurant and don't bring anything home.

Try water user it helps
Also veggies and fruits

I was thinking about just slamming coffee and chewing gum all day but tha sounds good too

Working on getting out of my parents house and my mother won't listen when i tell her to stop bringing trash home so I'm looking for work.

How old are you? Are you in college / have a degree

21 right now, and no. neither.

Why not?

depression, anxiety, no motivation at present to actually go to college.

these last 3 years have been brutal on me, I'm only now just trying to pull myself together

I always have better luck with cravings if I have a list of foods that I'm allowed to have as much as I want.

Something like chicken, veggies, eggs, etc.

Then I make those with really good seasoning and feast.

I really think one of the reasons I get cravings is because I am not that great of a cook and I just cook things very plainly and don't even add anything tha could fit into my diet or daily calories with it and I just end up choking it down barely.

Go to college, get a degree in something useful.

Doesn't matter if you feel unmotivated or anxious. Just go through the motions and do it. You absolutely need to learn how to just do what you need to do and get through it. Having something to work towards and to occupy your time and your mind really helps with anxiety and depression.

If you can afford it (or are ok taking out loans, if ameripoor), going to a school far enough away to warrant living on/near campus will force you to figure out how to live independently.

Believe me, being independent is the fucking best. I had no real problems with my house or my parents, but I still loved moving out and going to school. Now I'm 26, make over 6 figures, and I can do whatever the fuck I want.

I'm trying man, depression and anxiety is a fucking bitch but every day I tell myself to just get up and do these things even if I don't want to. It scares me and I don't always practice what I preach but anything is better than where I am now, once I move to Florida I probably will end up going to college, I've wanted to be a photographer for the longest time but this mess I've gotten into stopped me from pursuing it.

Eat later. And don't eat right up to your limit, allow maybe 1-200 less for these late moments of hunger you're talking about. And then drink a shit ton of water and have a large carrot or two. You'll stay in range and not go to bed hungry

Don't be a photographer.

> Source: my fiance has a degree in photography from one of the best photography schools in the country

It's one of my biggest pasions right next to aerospace. a bit of a weird combination but I dunno.

Suppose I have to pick one.

thanks dude, I'll remember this.

Just sign up for classes at your local college. The first couple years are more or less the same shit for everyone, so you don't have to decide now. Take maths and engineering courses and figure out if aero engineering is for you. All you have to do is sign up, then drag your ass out of bed on that first day and go to class.

I still stand by my recommendation to move away to go to college. Living in a dorm or similar (or even just near campus) forces you to be social and independent. It's too easy to just go to class and go home if you're a commuter.

PS. if you like photography, go and do some.

Do whatever you can to get the hell out the house. Boredom is poisonous.

I understand exactly where you are coming from OP. I was that fat kid in high school that no body liked that was depressed and didnt care about anything. The pic on the left is from April earlier this year i was 265 and the pic on the right was last week I weigh 195 now. Im 6'3 if it makes a difference. Heres some tips that helped me out maybe they will help you too. Prep out your own meals for the day. 3 meals with foods that you like. Fruit as a snack if you crave. Count your calories eat ~1500 a day and the fat will burn off fast and your body will get used to eating on a schedule so it won't be miserable. Don't drink anything but water. Eat high nutritional foods like oatmeal,baked chicken,Greek yogurt, etc. Get out of the house as much you can whether it's just getting groceries or going on walks or if you can on runs. Gym definitely helps but is not 100% necessary. Find your passion worry about yourself and your happiness set goals and get into school or a job or anything to achieve said goals and social gains will come with that. Good luck to you if you got any questions feel free to ask I would love to help

Drink water when you're hungry
I find a few cashews very filling. Like 5 of them work for several hours
Eat lemons, drink vinegar.
Keep yourself busy with a hobby
Best advice and what I do is go to sleep.
I'll wake up 6 hours later ready to eat and sleep again.

Thanks brehs, I fell asleep hard.

I feel a bit more confident now in my ability to tackle this holw ive dug myself into though. I'm glad to see this board hasn't become complete insufferable shitposters.

Again it's appreciated man, I'm glad you slimmed down, I remember when I did the first time I looked great and got mires from qts all the time but now looks like I get to do it a second time, but nonetheless thanks for the advice.

And thanks for wanting to help breh.

>food cravings
I don't know this feel. I'm either hungry or I'm not, when I'm hungry I eat till I'm not hungry anymore. What kind of junk are you eating? Try eating clean

No problem man
You can do it

One of my mantras has long been "You can't eat it if you don't buy it"

The time to win the battle is while you're still in the grocery store, not when you're standing in front of your fridge or cupboard, or when you're already sitting in a chair with an open bag of M&M's, telling yourself not to finish the whole bag.

A bag of eminems is 230-260 calories tho
I'm not OP but how big is the bag you don't wanna finish?

>230-260 calories
That's a lot tho. I like to think of calories as kilometres ran. Saying 230-260 kcals is like saying 2.6-3 kilometres ran, which really puts thing into perspective. Another thing to consider is caloric deficit. If you're in a 500 kcal deficit, then that -500 kcal is gonna do the weight loss for you. If you eat half of that, then you've invalidated 50% of your weightloss.

I guess you're right. I never thought about it that way since I count calories and have a set limit every day. For me it's if I eat 230 calories of eminems I still have 1070 calories remaining and once I reach that point I just stop eating. And as I gave a tip to OP I'll drink tons of water if I still feel hungry.

Don't have junk food at home

Leave wallet (or CC or money, etc.) somewhere at home or hard to get to when at work - bring prepared food

It's OK to cheat once and a while, but try fasting the day after

Tell yourself 'I don't eat X' not 'I can't eat X' - it's a psychological trick, the first one is a choice and easy to follow, the second is a rule and is tempting to break

You're not doing yourself any favors wallowing in self pity for one thing. Shit like that just perpetuates your vicious cycle, overeating makes you think you're a disgusting pig and thinking that about yourself causes you to act on it by overeating.
No doubt you fucked up, but be objective about it brometheus, none of this self hate bullshit.
So what are we trying to fix? The overeating. What is overeating? Essentially eating more calories than your TDEE. So you need to figure out your TDEE and plan meals that add up to that many calories. Now you're not overeating. You want to lose weight? That's a matter of eating at a caloric deficit. Generally it's recommended you subtract 500 caloroes from your TDEE to lose a pound a week. Then you plan your meals again to add up to or less than your deficit, it's advised not to eat less than 1000 calories below TDEE so don't eat too little. Now you're losing weight but the quality of food could be better. That's when you learn about the best sources of fat, protein, and carbohydrates and how different amounts of each can affect your body when lifting and recovering.
There's plenty else to get into but I just wanted to give you an idea of how to approach this problem rather than feeling sorry for yourself and not accomplishing anything.

just have to feast on celery and water. or any vegetables/liquid.

Just fill your belly. greens won't make you fat.

Dill pickles are my /secret weapon./ Could eat til you're sick and still be under 10 calories, and the salt/vinegar helps with hydration.

Now THIS is some advice I can get into. Not op btw