If I go full starvation (-1000, Veggies/Fruits/Rice/Coffee everyday), will I lose both my muscle mass and fat...

If I go full starvation (-1000, Veggies/Fruits/Rice/Coffee everyday), will I lose both my muscle mass and fat, or my muscle man then fat?

Other urls found in this thread:

intensivedietarymanagement.com/how-much-protein-is-excessive/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw you lose your muscle man

how fat you are is going to dictate how much muscle you lose on this deficit.

You always lose both muscle and fat, but the ratio depends on a lot of factors. If you consume no or minimal protein obviously your body will catabolize more muscle to meet protein needs

21%

I'm not considered human by anyones standards. Feels bad man.

er ye i don't believe anybody posting their bf % on Veeky Forums

i've seen retarded cunts who are clearly 30 - 40% try to say they're ~21%.

post weight/height/measurements if you want an honest evaluation

the fact you're thinkin of doin a starvation diet lends me to believe you're really fat.

you'd be surprised how much a fat ass is able to mobilize from their fat stores.

we're talkin almost 2000 calories a day worth of fat can be liberate.

>If I go full starvation (-1000, Veggies/Fruits/Rice/Coffee everyday), will I lose both my muscle mass and fat, or my muscle man then fat?

I've been on a 1000 calories a day veggies/fruits/nuts/starch for 30 days today and lost about 13kg so far, mostly fat and a little muscle and water weight.

This was based on a bodyfat % measuring machine at the gym.

6'0, 207

I can easily put on muscle mass, but my belly is boated af

explain it

even eating nothing you'll lose a lot more fat than muscle

those are wrong and are usually about 10% off in my experience

so you're probably around 30%.

so you can liberate a fair bit

but what do the lines mean

is it saying that keto is the best diet for fat loss?

the lines represent where your body is deriving energy from in a fasted state.

>is it saying that keto is the best diet for fat loss?

not necessarily, it's just that you cannot avoid ketosis while fasting unless you break your fast with carbohydrates.

>oxidation of carbs is breaking down glycogen (normal energy storage in muscles)
>oxidation of fats and ketones is fat
>oxidation of protein is muscle
Its saying that you will always burn more fat than muscle on a cut I think
it doesn't take calorie deficit under count, instead it shows duration of a cut on the x axis

The chart shows fasting (no food intake). Obviously if you don't eat carbs, you cannot oxidize carbs because a typical man only stores 2000-5000 calories of carbs which are gone after 1-2 days of fasting.

All those fags saying you will lose fat from starving.

WHAT THE HELL GUYS. do you troll or just acting stupid. Thheres nothing useful that your organism needs in fat storages. Fat is unused energy. In the miscles are all the "goodies" that your organism will FIRST take to cobtinue its normal functioning. Proteins, acids, vitamins and so on. Fucking 7th grade biology, anons, read it

that graphic comes from a predictive study made on one single person

don't believe everything Jason Fung says

There isn't a single thing Jason Fung says that should be believed though

nah
he actually mades some good points about insulin sensitivity, but he relies too much in fallacies and bad sience like the graphic above

His points about insulin sensitivity are false though and not based on any science. He is a low-carber so immediately you know you're dealing with a liar or a moron

you are wrong, and pretty sure you are stupid

Kek. How ignorant can you be?

intensivedietarymanagement.com/how-much-protein-is-excessive/

>your metabolism doesnt need energy to function, it needs proteins, acids and vitamins, trust me!

What are ketones?

>As we discussed last week, excessive protein is turned into glucose and then to fat
As I said, we're dealing with a liar or a moron. Introductory sentences like these confirm it instantly. It's pretty difficult to tell which one he is, but it's often a combination too (like with Taubes or Lustig)

do your research mate

10 % off ? so if someone is in range of 1 - 10 % bf then he can be 0 or 20? think retard, more like 2-3 % off at most

I'd recommend stopping listening to trolls and people who became an expert at nutrition by means of google and simply seeing a fucking professional, especially if you're considering something as stupid as going full starvation.

I've been thinking about doing something similar, being a lardass and all that, only going all the way with nothing but water for sustenance. I reckon my mind will break before my body does, but just in case, what are the first things that I could possibly fuck up on a permanent basis by doing that? I assume my body isn't going to like a 0 cal intake and will try to respond somehow.

your metabolism will drop, your body will try to conserve fat storage and turn to muscles for sustenance, you won't keep this stupid shit for too long and when you realize how dumb you were you'll get everything you lost back, plus interest.

Well, I'm not planning on keeping it up until I die or anything. Basically, my plan is to break myself away from my current lifestyle and change that shit, starting with my diet. So I'm gonna go cold turkey on all the shitty food that I've been eating and try to keep it up for a week, or at least as long as I can possibly hold out. Then, I'll start slowly introducing food back into my daily ration, but this time it's gonna be something healthy instead of the usual crap. And I figure after a week of nothing but water, I'm gonna be hungry enough to eat the sort of things I normally wouldn't even think about eating, like broccoli for example.

The whole idea is to use starvation (and other, more forceful means) as a method of breaking my mind down and rebuilding it into something better. It's essentially the same principle that boot camps use to turn regular civilians into soldiers, only I'm willing to go further. But I'm just wondering how badly could a week of nothing but water fuck me up, and could it be something permanent.

I mean, shit, people have survived for way longer periods with no food, and they lived. Should work for me, right?

if you've never dieted before then you're going to have trouble quitting all the shit food you eat, let alone eating at a huge deficit. starving yourself seems doable for the first few days, but day 3 or day 4 becomes absolute fucking murder, you lose all your energy and cant concentrate on anything, and you're likely to run to the store and gorge yourself on shit, completely nullifying your tiny diet

I'm taking precautions against that. I'm gonna take a couple of weeks of vacation time and make sure that I have no access to shit food or the means to get it during those weeks. I'm ready to spend the entire time in crippling agony if that's what it takes. Like I said, I'm going cold turkey, only I'm quitting a shitty diet instead of smack.

i'll bite.

honestly man, what's holding you from simply seeing a professional and reeducate your eating habits?

I've tried that, many times. I just don't have the willpower to resist the urges of my body, so this time I'm making sure I have no choice. I don't fucking want to be a lardass, and I'm fed up to the point where I'm willing to take desperate measures.

>claims that fat doesn't get used as energy by your body
>tells others to read 7th grade biology

lmao

you know what, go for it. whatever works.

he said that, when your body starves, it breaks down your muscles for sustenance, which is exacly what you don't want when cutting. That's why starvation mode is stupid.

>I can easily put on muscle mass, but my belly is boated af
thats not how it works

>full starvation
To put my two cents in, I have been pretty much doing this for about 3 months. I cut cold turkey down to 800 calories a day with little to no exercise outside of daily activities. I have slowly gone down on calories (300 a day) while upping exercise. I now do 30 minutes straight of jogging in place and as well as muscle work outs. Pretty much what the American Fitness folks recommend. 150 minutes of Aerobic and Muscular exercises. I burn more calories a week than I eat.

It sucked at first but I am having no significant trouble. Most of the food I do eat is meat and protein shakes and I have as little carbs as possible. I'm in a state of Ketosis and gradually building muscle while burning fat, and of course some muscle as well.

I was wondering how hard i can really afford to cut.

I have dropped nearly 4kg in a month, dont know if i am cutting to fast. Current lifts and stats.

93.5kg
Bf? above 15% below 20%

Bench 115kg
Squat 180kg
Diddy 245kg

up to 1kg per week is fine

-1000 is really unpleasant(for me at least), mby ~-500?

there were some papers cited here saying that if you eat enough protons you can be at a large deficit and don't lose a lot of muscles, so you have to add some chicken or smth

>gradually building muscle while burning fat

You're almost certainly not. It's more likley that you're losing fat and your muscles are becoming easier to see making it look like your building muscle, but your almost certainly losing it. That's just is not how your physiology functions.

this. i nearly go keto on cuts bcuz i eat only chicken to get my protein and theres not much more space for carbs

You always lose both, although the extent to which you lose one or the other depends on hormone levels, nutrition, and activity levels.