/plg/ - powerlifting general

American vs russian programming edition

Why do RPE 6 sets when you can kill yourself with candytoe fatigue?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uMK0prafzw0
myosynthesis.com/brain-states-willpower
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S002210311100031X
youtube.com/watch?v=-I9LIsIpsQE
canditotraininghq.com/free-strength-programs/
youtube.com/watch?v=abf5KDpSXFs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for fuck RDLs

w-whats wrong with candito's program? I'm liking it so far (end of week 2)

Nothing, if you can handle it then go for it. It does take a lot of talent to be able to do 4x6 at 80% without missing a rep.

I tried both the philprogram(sheikos large load) and c6w my last 2 competitions for roughly the same amount of time. The sheiko one gave me around twice the gains

The philprogram was harder imo, workouts almost twice as long and much grindier. Canditos was more of a rollercoaster and didnt feel as thought through.

Rollercoaster is a well fitting word for c6w

Its weird because I agree with you that sheiko is a lot grindier and tougher despite the fact that the weights and reps are a lot lower than canditos.

No idea why desu

....because the effective volume is three times higher?

c6w was an easy program disguised by unnecessarily hard sets

>what is higher overall volume

Lads, should I squat 3x8 or go paused 3x3 for my light day?

Elaborate? I'm looking at the spreadsheets and from my perspective, candito has objectively higher volume (more reps at higher weight).

Unless you're talking about the programs as a whole and then sheiko wins because it's double the length

depends on weaknesses desu

Thoughts on leg extensions for quad hypertrophy lads?

Only wanna do em like once a week because they're less of a hassle than front squats

>I'm looking at the spreadsheets and from my perspective, candito has objectively higher volume (more reps at higher weight).
Are you looking at total amount of reps and average intensity or are you comparing single sessions? Also it's possible you are talking about different sheiko templates since neither of you specified one.

Thoughts on peptides? I'm considering going slightly unnaty and maybe injecting some into hip

whats better for me guys?
>6'0 175
>squat 120 kg
>bench 108 kg
>deadlift 180 kg

Candito 6 W, TM or madcows? Thanks

rip knees.

also how realistic would it be to throw in a 'hypertrophy day' in TM or madcows? How could I incorporate some of that into the routine otherwise?

what do instead

FS takes too long and since I'm doing Nuckols my programming is pretty inflexible ATM

Maybe just leg presses?

Doesn't matter. Eating and adding muscle mass will force progression more effectively for intermediates then specific programming will.

have you considered high volume hack squats or trap bar deadlifts

>trap bar deadlifts

Can vouch for these. They're great. (especially since i can deadlift 40kg over my max with it)

Don't know if I can into hack squats Tbh, tried it once and I barely managed.

Never tried trap bar deadlifts, are they low impact?

lower impact than front squats (on my back and knees anyway, ymmv) and probably better than open chain exercises and leg press

I dislike leg press because it's basically a seated smith machine squat, but if you wanted to do single leg press it's OK because it allows your hips to move more as they would for a bb squat (just time consuming)

I'll try em out next monday Tbh

Difference between cowboy method and Texas method? Which to choose?

Snatch grip deadlifts are also worth considering. They'll make your quads burn and reinforce keeping a straight back during the deadlift if you have any problems there.

>weaknesses
my favorite meme

weaknesses are no meme. My deadlift for example

/plg/s song about phil

youtube.com/watch?v=uMK0prafzw0

yeah but you're implying where you are weak which is bullshit

Power lifting is a sport of total, 3 lifts by themselves don't really mean much.

myosynthesis.com/brain-states-willpower

Good read tbH.

are you saying that people cant have weak muscle groups or 'muscle movements'?

Don't. They don't work very well, invalidate your natty card and have nearly unknown side effects (ie unknown hazards) for little gain.

Not him, but most people are "weak" until they're well into intermediate and can just benefit from doing the lifts more

SSB for quads, or hi bar

I already train high bar mostly. Don't have access to an SSB

Walking lunges. Idk mane go to exrx and quads and pick one or two. How do you need quad hypertrophyif you train mostly high bar? If you are intermediate, you need everything hypertrophy

I was just reading creepy shit about uncontrolled tumour growth so I'm really put off now

straight back yes, but they also encourage a greater torso angle. Arguably you get more quad interaction with anything that requires an upright back, so high volume sumo could be an alternative (but I'm talking out my ass here)

How do we feel about training or competing while using Adderall?

Thank you.

Because bigger quads is always better.

Just to toss in some bodybuilding at the end.

I've decided to try that trap bar stuff though, so I'm good.

Probably also worth posting this one: sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S002210311100031X
"Positive fantasies about idealized futures sap energy."

>lifting for two years
>still don't look like Ive ever touched a weight in my life

But I guess I can pick a heavy bar off the floor hehe

>k-keep goin bro..
>keep chasin that carrot on a stick
>stay dedicated

Natty life

I was gonna say "Trip on Lith" until you said

>But I guess I can pick a heavy bar off the floor hehe

just do some hypertrophy work and cut?

done anymore maxing?

Next week lad.

Stay tuned.

switch to sheiko

What are your stats? No way in hell anyone with decent stats will look completely dyel.

my legs and ass dont look dyel....

thats something...r-right?

What kind of numbers are you hoping to hit?

>Next week lad.
fucking novices I swear

good luck lad
i wanna see atleast a 220 squat out of you

>2 years
>having decent stats
>natty
Did I accidentally click on Veeky Forums or something?

lad... we have seen those little pins in skintight clothing

220-225/132.5/245-250

I'll be disappointed if I don't manage it desu. I'm gonna take a week or two and deload after this next time I max.

330 wilks at 165

> No way in hell anyone with decent stats will look completely dyel.
lad
im on the brink of 400 wilks and look like fuck all lol

28 inches isn't big for a twink? :(

trip on Robert "460 wilks at 93" rogers

Well, the mega twinks like joff somehow manage that.

Go up 2 weight class and all will be good

I just want to squat and deadlift more.

Can I still make strength gains while not getting any bigger if I do low rep (doubles and triples) at a bodyweight of 80kgs at 183cms? I'm already at a slight t-rex mode because I really don't care about upper body except OHP and rows. I don't want to gain weight because my work sets are only ten kilos over my bodyweight for squats. (High bar, if it matters.) I thought I should be at least able to squat 2,5pl8s for reps at this weight depsite the "ideal weight" for my height being 90-100 kilos bodyweight.

thats not feasible Tbh

It sure as hell is

Might go in and just deadlift and do some rows today, shoulder feels clicky and achy. Honestly can't remember the last time I went to the gym and didn't bench. What else should I do, maybe some flys?

>telling midgets to go 93
didnt you see what happened to benchie
not all of us can put the weight on like screamer

nth for c6w best early intermediate program

>I don't want to gain weight because my work sets are only ten kilos over my bodyweight for squats.
This is limiting you seriously. Yes you can gain strength without gaining muscles but slowly bulking up and training hard will give you several kgs on the bar for every kg bodyweight.

TM can be heavily modified and there's plenty of room for bodybuilding but I wouldn't dedicate one whole day to it. You could also do a 3-day DUP program with a hypertrophy day, a strength day, and another day of paused lifts for example.

I suck ass at bracing should i just surrender and buy a belt? Also if i buy a belt should i buy some cheap shit or is quality important?

Benchie will be fine as soon as he starts actually lifting and filling out muscle wise.
You do need to use the advantage of being fatter, which is holding more muscle mass. And that you can only achieve by more volume and trying harder.

he could increase his wilks by at least 30 if he dropped some weight

>I suck ass at bracing

Learn to brace before buying a belt. A belt is literally just something to brace against

Can't seem to figure it out but i'll try harder desu

youtube.com/watch?v=-I9LIsIpsQE

pretty good video on it. It's by meme thrall who makes a lot of shit videos, but this one is ok

A belt might help teach bracing though, because of improved feedback etc. I'm pretty sure I got better at bracing both with and without a belt after I started using one.

hey /plg/, running c6w and hurt my upper pec during week three

any advice on how to go about recovering? stretches, mobility circuits, crying into a box of donuts, etc.?

>crying into a box of donuts

wats this routine anyone got an excel file or something

sounds interesting

been doing it for a year and some and honestly if you can stick with it you'll see very good results

my squat and deadlift both went up almost 60lbs and my bench went up 30, most of it was noob gains but STILL

canditotraininghq.com/free-strength-programs/

>tfw going to go to work on Monday after 6+ months of NEETdom
dunno how to feel about this

I need some help. My skin is getting stretch marks really easily.
How do I prevent this?

Everything I'm focusing on (arms, lats) are now getting stretch marks?
I never use to get stretch marks.

Am I trying too hard?

embrace them

what a fucking relief

I've been NEET since last monday and my thursday I was sick and tired of it

having a job is fucking ace man

Something's happened. I'm getting them from literally anything. I never used to get them, they are all appearing suddenly.

I get that as well sometimes.
When I don't have a job I really want a job and get depressed about not having one. Then when I get a job and work for a while, the rut just gets to me and gets me depressed and makes me wanna quit and yearn for the neet times.
But I guess I'm just that kind of a person.

>tfw cant do homework question and neither /g/,stackoverflow or reddit can help

why cant i get an education from SBD?

Try harder.

>he fell for the STEM meme

actually economics. Just need to learn SQL for it

But that's easy as fuck.

ugh I'm probably gonna have to use SQL in the future but I've managed to get by with just SAS and STATA so far.

I also have to learn R eventually

Yeah for talent chads like you

bet you got a 6 plate squat at 70kg and a gf too

Nah, I used up all my skill points for comp. sci.

Cowboy Method is really nice. I've ran it twice now, made up about 30kg on squat.

youtube.com/watch?v=abf5KDpSXFs

Differences to vanilla TM:

-Instead of hitting 3/5RMs each week, you cycle through 10, 8s, 5s and 3s.
-The VDs are at a lower %age than normal TM, but it's a bit higher volume (at least in the early weeks). 5x5 on TM, but on Cowboy Method you cycle through
10x5
10x4
10x3
8x5
8x4
8x3
etc etc.
-The progression is a little less aggressive. 2.5kg/Week on TM vs. ~15kg/9 Weeks on Cowboy Method.
-There's not really an RD as such, instead you train front squats somewhat seriously. At the end of the program you test a 1RM for fronties as well as your squat.

I wouldn't do it for bench or deadlift, but I recommend it for squat.

What is the task / question?

Normalize this table

It's in first normal form already but I have no fucking clue where to go from here. Cant find any partial dependencies at all. Stackoverflow couldn't help either.

Kicker is, it's the very first question in this assignment and I've done the whole thing (including the butt fucked hard questions) except this one.

>worked out early this morning
>already bored
>rest day tomorrow

what the fuck do I do now lads

Taste the culinary delights Sydney offers through the city and its suburbs. Home to top chefs and a range of venues, from harbourside dining to trendy inner-city cafes, there’s no shortage of restaurants serving up Sydney’s mouth-watering fare. The city’s cultural diversity also means that there are an exciting multitude of flavours and international cuisine to enjoy.

Explore Sydney’s natural beauty on foot with one of the many walks that make their way along the Sydney Harbour foreshore or through the national parks that surround the city to the north, south and west. The city’s beaches also provide a great opportunity to experience the best of life in Sydney, with a great range of popular beach destinations as well as secluded swimming spots just waiting to be visited.

Sydney is home to a thriving arts culture that offers world-class theatre, live music and performing arts productions in a packed out program featuring local performers as well as international acts. Varying from musicals and plays to opera, ballet and comedy, Sydney’s stages, theatres and music venues house a diverse range of live productions throughout the year.

Discover handmade treasures and select fresh produce at one of Sydney’s markets or peruse the alluring mix of Australian designers and international fashion while shopping in the city centre. Whether you’re looking for the perfect outfit, funky homewares or a great gift, Sydney’s many shopping precincts have plenty of unique products to choose from.

Find more meaning in your life. Go for a hike, pick up a book, watch a movie, hang out with friends (>), cook something complicated, whatever

so far today I've written a chapter of my novel, got my hair cut and written a job application

I've got plenty of food in the fridge so I might spend the rest of the day playing Alien Isolation and then tomorrow go for a hike