Cutting with weightlifting

Hi /fit. I aim to get aesthetic and have a good body. However I am fat at 80kgs, 5'10 height (started at 100 kgs) goal weight being 70kgs

Fell for the SS meme and been doing it for a month and here are my stats all of them 3x5
Squat 200lbs
Deadlift 210lbs
Bench 130lbs
OHP 90 lbs

Doing SS on a cut. Lifts are very hard now, feel like i might just fall down during squat.

So should I continue SS on a cut or move to another weightlifting program?

Bump

>ss to lose weight

lmao try adding volume to actually burn fat

lower the weight and rep for 15-20 instead

I was on brosplits before with 20 reps. No increase in lifts in 3 months and no change in body

Sticky says just do beginner weightlifting routine while cutting I'm not sure it will work though

we posting geotrupidae now?

Just a wallpaper I had...

Don't worry about bulking/cutting necessarily yet. You're still very much a beginner. Bulking and cutting work more when you're starting to plateau.
Focus on eating as clean as possible, and continue working out.

I'm your height and weigh 84kg and I'm pretty low body fat; unless you have a tiny frame, 70kg is a very, very low goal to work towards. If you're trying to look aesthetic, stop at 80kg and focus more on building muscle.

As for SS, I personally do a Push/Pull/Legs split, but it's really up to you. It's my personal opinion that as long as you're working hard, you'll see results. Just give it time and don't give up.

Not 70 strictly but more like 73-75

Should I do PPL as well?

Carry on lifting on your cut even if your progression is slow, the same thing happened to me but once you get to bulking it's fine. Lifting on a cut also lowers muscle loss so don't stop lifting

Thanks.

Been thinking of switching to gslp. Or should I stick to SS?

SS is a beginner routine. If you read the fucking book which no one does you should know that once you are not making linear gains you should switch to another routine.

So switch to an intermediate routine, SS is just meant to give you a strong foundation on which to lift. That doesn't mean you stop doing compounds though. As for which routine just google something.

Not who you replied to, but I'm an ex fatty, I went from 230lbs to 175lbs and my lifts didn't start dropping until I was down to like 180lbs, though I didn't get any stronger after my noob gains were over. I started out doing a variation of SS for about 3 months to get my strength up quick, then switched to a PPL and have been doing that since. It took me probably 8 or 9 months to lose all the weight but I fucked up my diet for awhile during all that. Also, I was doing intermittent fasting for all of my cut, which may be relevant.

I still think that's aiming a little low personally. Then again I have a very bulky frame and I've been lifting for years. But in my experience with cutting, you want to have muscle that you're revealing when you cut, rather than cutting to become skinny and putting muscle on a skinny frame.

As for SS, I only did SS for about a month, and that was about 7 years ago. I then moved to a full body split, and saw great results. It was a terrible workout, but because I was such a beginner and I worked hard, I still put on a good amount of muscle.
Then when I started plateauing, I put more focus into making a more effective workout, and I started P/P/L. I was able to break my plateaus.
What I think is important to focus on throughout this whole thing is that when you're a beginner, as long as you're lifting hard and putting a lot of effort into your workout, you're going to see results. SS, PPL, or some fuckall workout that makes no sense, they're all going to do SOMETHING (just don't hurt yourself doing something totally idiotic)
And eat clean.

Coming from an oldfag who started on Veeky Forums in 09. This board is fucking stupid and 50% of the advice you'll get is people trying to sound smart.

Hmm makes sense. I'm cutting to get to aesthetic mode, not skeleton mode so I'll stop once I can see ab definition
The last few kgs are annoying. Started at 220lbs and now at 178lbs
At what weight on my lifts can I move on from SS?

Don't answer this I just read your reply carefully and I should switch over when I stop linear gains.

>once you are not making linear gains

Did you even read the post

In response to first response.

You used to be chubby. I'm assuming you're young as well.
You want abs? Lift heavy for 6 months, then cut. Skinny-mode abs are overrated. I was chubby when I was a younger, and all I wanted was abs. They never came. Tried to cut, they never came. Swam, played water polo, ran cross country, they never came.

Lifted heavy for year, GAINED 20 pounds, all of a sudden I had visible abs, defined adonis belt, and serratus.

Lift. Eat clean. Fuck skinny mode abs. Aim for broad shoulders, big arms, a developed chest, and a strong back. The abs will come, and you'll look WAY better than an untrained 70kg skinny fuck.

Actually fuck that. Don't cut. Just fucking lift and eat healthy. If you're at 178 right now you could never lose another pound and be aesthetic as fuck. Until you've been working out for years, you'll be able to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time if you work hard(you can do both, it's a myth that you can't)

I have been working out always. Thanks for the reply.
So I should do any heavy lifting program SS gslp whatever but lift heavy, and then cut. I don't eat junk, only eat homemade food.

But if I look like this should I bulk or eat at maintenance while lifting?

Stay on SS and when you bulk if your lifts do not go up then change program

Don't listen to this guy.

Cut to 15% body fat while lifting, grow even more muscle from there. There's basically no benefit other than short term strength gains to settling and starting maintenance earlier.

And it is settling, 100% settling. You are giving up on a cut halfway because eventually you will recomp into a decent body fat.

Fuck that, cut to 15%, look good now, don't lift on some premise of "Well if you keep lifting maybe 1 or 2 years from now you won't look like shit", screw that.

CUT
U
T

from (this guy)

I think we have similar advice. My advice just differs in a way that you say to cut outright, while I just say to continue to eat clean and lose the weight a tad more slowly while attempting to concurrently build muscle.

OP, this guy is correct when he says that 15% is a good goal. But keep in mind that you'll be way above 70kg when you hit 15%.

>don't lift on some premise of "Well if you keep lifting maybe 1 or 2 years from now you won't look like shit"
I completely disagree. Patience is SO key when it comes to truly looking good. Set goals, not just for weight loss but also for lifting goals (0.75xBW 1RM OHP, 1xBW bench, 1.5xBW squat, 2xBW DL is a great goal to work towards) and stick with it.

I get both your points. You want me to lift hard and he wants me to cut. I'll have to do both and see how far I go, while concentrating on cutting and not caring about stalling because getting to low bf% is better because I can bulk properly after that

>see how far I go
You go as far as you wanna go. Regardless of what you're doing, the absolute best thing you can do is not quit.

Can't quit. Already got a membership for 6 months and have nothing to do before I go off to uni

Thanks for the responses guys. Helped me a lot