Training arms with an injured forearm

Hey guys, so a few days ago I kinda overestimated myself and tried lifting too heavy without a proper warm-up. My left forearm now hurts as hell even when I hold a bag half full of groceries so I can't strain it at all.

Are there any biceps / triceps / delt exercises that I can do without using forearms?

Also, is there anything I can do or avoid doing to make it heal faster?

pic related where it hurts

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=>>38872508 (You) Said the user with no source...
drmirkin.com/fitness/why-ice-delays-recovery.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

R.I.C.E.

Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation

Rest it, ice it when you can, get a compression sleeve to go over the injured area, and raise it above heart level when you rest/ice.

All these will relieve inflammation which is most likely causing the pain assuming you didnt do any structural damage. An NSAID pain reliever like advil or motrin would probably help too.

What stupid thing did you do to hurt yourself exactly?

thanks I'll try to do what you say. Do you have any idea how long it could take?
well technically it wasn't a lift, I tried to hold planche on a horizontal bar one too many times and I didn't think I could actually injure myself...

3-5 days give or take. If it isnt feeling better after that its probly time to see a doc and make sure it isnt a tendon or ligament. From what you describe its probably just a muscle strain and a few days of rest ice and motrin should do it.

thanks a lot. I never had this happen so far.

So it seems I can do only legs and abs for a week

have you tried doing curls from all hand positions? palms inward, palms down, or palms up. I find sometimes you can still workout without injuring yourself, if you merely workout with a different technique

Even the inventor of RICE says it's shit and actually results in an increased length of time for healing.
It's for first aid only, this is to prevent compartment syndrome. For healing you need MEAT

Said the user with no source...

lmgtfy.com/?q=>>38872508 (You) Said the user with no source...

Lol snark is not a substitute for a source. Youre full of shit user.

>Even the inventor of RICE says it's shit and actually results in an increased length of time for healing.

Back this horseshit up with a source or fuck off.

I mean..

drmirkin.com/fitness/why-ice-delays-recovery.html

Can you read or do you have someone do that for you?

what is the best way for quick recovery then?

Wow all these multi million dollar sports teams must have total retards on staff then huh?

Yes, they're using outdated broscience that goes against empirical evidence

Yes well you should call them up and tell them you know better than the doctors and trainers they have on staff

You realise that the person who wrote the article that I linked is the person who came up with RICE right? You do understand that science progresses and outdated knowledge is discarded right? Of course you don't, you're a shart in mart

Simple, he wanted to sell some more books. Half the link you posted was him shilling books for his new method. Pure financial motivation.

Same deal for the sports teams. They want to protect their multi million dollar investments they have in their players. If your method was actually better Im sure the doctors and trainers at the cutting edge of their professions would have adopted it, they havent.

Nuff said, fuck yourself you soppy cunt.

So over 20 year he got all those researcher to falsify their data? Got the top doctors and trainers to agree with their findings and update their methods just to sell a book? Sure thing bro, nce tin foil hat brah

The top trainers and doctors didnt change their methods. Look at the pics, the top people in the profession still use rice. Nice meme therapy.