What happens if you start a sales job but suck and can't make a single sale? How long before they fire you?

What happens if you start a sales job but suck and can't make a single sale? How long before they fire you?

30 minutes

If they somehow couldn't figure it out during the hiring process for whatever reason, they typically find out right away that they made a terrible mistake.

But many sales jobs seem to take anyone

Honestly how can you not make any sales?
That's literally all we do here on Veeky Forums. Spend an hour just watching all the indians trying to sell you every coin here and watch how amazing they make it sound. Then just do that.

Hmm I never thought about it that way

Just b yourself and get a better job, numbnuts

Yeah okay

I got 3 sales in 35k calls. Lasted about 8 months this before I quit.

Of course, those 3 sales were worth over $120k so my salary was basically paid after my first sale.

I hope you win the steak knives, OP :(

dont they provide any training user?
you could always pick up some books on salesmanship, tons of them out there.

What are you selling OP?

they should give you some training user also look good, get a haircut, look clean af dress nice etc pr of you are doing calls find a good script, see if it works test it adapt it

What if the training isn't enough? How mad do they get if you cant get sales?

I bet you stand on the street or in the mall and ask people to donate to the doctors without borders

u sound like u r new and havent started yet, If you can't sell either you suck or the product sucks if its the first, find something else

Usually they don't get mad. People who hire salesmen know they need positive people to sell things, so they'll try not to hurt your self esteem. Unless you're a complete fuckwit or work for a complete asshole I don't think anyone is gonna be really mad. And even if, why the fuck would you care? Salesmen get jobs everywhere. Just go to a different company.

Starting soon, so I'm more than new

I'm just scared about trying my best, them paying my base wage and then me doing bad so they get mad and start attacking me. I'm scared and I dont want them to hurt or yell at me..

If you find yourself in that situation quit immediately. My gf had a boss that was a complete asshole that yelled at her and almost drove her into suicide. Switched to our company and is now the most beloved member of everyone and is actually great at selling.

Everyone can sell, it's just a matter of confidence. If your boss tries to destroy your confidence, you're at the wrong company.

>most beloved member of everyone

Okay that was worded poorly. What I meant is all our coworkers like her.

what is the point of making the same threads every day?
frogposters i swear

I haven't started yet so I dont know if they'll be nice to me but it's not a large company so I'm worried they'll get upset if I don't pull my weight

post pics of gf's member pls

What exactly is the company selling?

If you've bought absolutely terrible coins and spent a few hours trying to get others on this board to buy it from you, you start to realize that you're just a salesperson.

i have a crush on this college girl but i am too much of a pussy to move ahead to even just 1st base

Transport services for businesses

Just bee yourself

look her straight in the eye and give her a firm handshake

usually idgaf whether it plays out or nah but this girl is different ...fuck

i just don't know whether she's thinking bout me too and that drives me insane

also, i am down 40% on BAT and that makes me fucking angry

>no reply
T-thanks

I mean... It's nothing special. I could've given you hints if you sold like insurances or something

How do I sell this shit though. How do I convince people to buy flatbed truck shipping

I know a dipshit that lasted 2 months. They didn't consider firing him but they weren't happy either. Luckily for him, after 2 months he actually started to deliver and he did a decent job.

Why are you starting at a company you're not even sure why people should buy their product?

They'll teach you though. They will tell you exactly what to say. Key is just being authentic and not appearing like a scammer. This true for any salesjob

Needed a job and so I applied because they seemed welcoming to new people in the ad

Mate if you start caring too much and treating her different to how you do other girls it's not going to end well