Butter 4 da gainz

Has anyone tried eating butter if he didnt eat enough calories that day? Is it working/worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

anabolicmen.com/fats-and-testosterone/
heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/HealthyEating/Nutrition/Saturated-Fats_UCM_301110_Article.jsp#.V-rMyu9riUk
nap.edu/read/10490/chapter/10
jap.physiology.org/content/82/1/49
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20071648
hsph.harvard.edu/news/press-releases/butter-is-not-back-limiting-saturated-fat-still-best-for-heart-health/
sciencemag.org/news/2014/03/scientists-fix-errors-controversial-paper-about-saturated-fats
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/92/2/458.full.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Of all the things you could eat for calories, butter's one of the worst.

Keep some mixed nuts around for when you need calories quickly.

why is it one of the worst?Pls explain

grass-fed butter might be alright for that, but there are better oils to supplement for calories/benefits. walnut oil is god-tier, mild nutty taste, perfect for adding to shakes or taking shots. also very good for test. avocado oil is also, very light taste. olive oil is bitter, so best for shots and definitely not for protein shakes. if you eat red meat and have some butter here and there, youve probably got enough saturated fat in your diet, hence why i usually go for monounsaturated to supplement when im low on calories

No I drink 3.25% milk ifnl I need calories its high in protein, good fat, and calories.

Oh and its not literally eating butter

It's a solid block of saturated fat

or if you want more saturated fat, coconut oil is the best source

what do you mean by that

>if you want more saturated fat

why would you not eat peanut butter instead that's a pretty dumb question desu

9 times out of 10 it's not even real butter.
Eating that shit straight is likely to induce significant cardiovascular problems/disorders like diabetes quicker than other edible calorie sources.
You might as well drink olive oil, but I don't endorse that either.

just eat fucking sugar if you need to get more calories.

>saturated fat is bad

I wish this meme would die

saturated fat is good for test, its also not as bad as people say, but like i said, everyone other than vegans probably have enough of it in their diet already.

plus maybe the OP was asking about butter for the saturated fat content, but maybe he's just autismo

>saturated fat is good for test

No it isn't

>its also not as bad as people say

Yes it is. It's suggested you eat no more than 5-6% of your calories from saturated fat, and less is better.

>I wish the global network of nutrition scientists would cater to my fantasies
>reality sucks

>You might as well drink olive oil, but I don't endorse that either
don't knock it til you try it. especially if you are/were a skelly

source from this era pls. do you think dietary cholesterol is also bad for you?

Ill throw this your way. It has a shit-load of studies cited backing it up

anabolicmen.com/fats-and-testosterone/

As of September 2016

heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/HealthyEating/Nutrition/Saturated-Fats_UCM_301110_Article.jsp#.V-rMyu9riUk

>The American Heart Association recommends aiming for a dietary pattern that achieves 5% to 6% of calories from saturated fat.
>For example, if you need about 2,000 calories a day, no more than 120 of them should come from saturated fats.

From the Institute of Medicine who determine what adequate intakes of nutrients are

nap.edu/read/10490/chapter/10

>Saturated fatty acids are synthesized by the body to provide an adequate level needed for their physiological and structural functions
>A UL is not set for saturated fatty acids because any incremental increase in saturated fatty intake increases CHD risk.

>do you think dietary cholesterol is also bad for you?

Of course.

>It has a shit-load of studies cited backing it up

But they aren't good studies, which is what's important. The first one they use is this study by Atkins shill Jeff Volek

jap.physiology.org/content/82/1/49

It's an epidemiological study... not an experimental study where they fed people different fats and saw their effects on testosterone, but an epidemiological study, done on 12 people.

Cant you just eat peanut butter like the rest of us?

you have to realize the american heart association is telling that to the average, sedentary, obese american.

for cholesterol just throw this in google "when does dietary cholesterol affect serum levels"

>I lift weights a few times a week, healthy diet advice doesn't apply to me

Don't rationalize it. That's a suggestion for all Americans.

So there is a decent correlation between test levels and saturated/monosaturated fats?
0,59/0,62 isnt good but decent enough to make me avoid polysaturated fats

the rest of the studies are intertwined in the idea theyre presenting and further back it up. stop being a nigger

>the obese and the fit should all follow the same diet
>skellies should cut because the gubment says calories are bad

there are some pretty big outliers in the very low intake, the rest look fairly consistent

>the rest of the studies are intertwined in the idea theyre presenting and further back it up

Other studies he cites on fat intake and test don't specify what type of fat is given, and involve entire diet changes where the type and amount of fat can't be reasonably believed to be the cause of observed changes. He also tries to make people think eating saturated fats also don't cause health problems by citing this dairy industry funded paper

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20071648

Which, along with other similar studies reviewing the same data, has been criticized many times and dismissed by major health organizations as misleading and untrue

hsph.harvard.edu/news/press-releases/butter-is-not-back-limiting-saturated-fat-still-best-for-heart-health/
sciencemag.org/news/2014/03/scientists-fix-errors-controversial-paper-about-saturated-fats
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/92/2/458.full.pdf

The guy who runs the website is an idiot.