QTDDTOT

Last one was over 300 replies.

I'll start.

Where can I get bloodwork done for the equivalent of a sports steroid test? What kind of clinic should I be looking for? How much would it cost? I get asked if I'm natty a lot, and I'd like to be able to prove it.

bamp.

Any of you done Tabatas? How does your pulse beave through it? Does it peak after the first few intervals or the last?

Ran half a Tabata protocol (4 intervals) today and only got up to 137 beats/min as a 24 yr old male.

What's something I can do to work the bottom of my pecs? I do BP, Incline DB press and push ups, but my lower pecs are still soft (I do not have gyno).

is this periodization ok for intermediate- advanced? it is meant for main lifts. once a week those rep ranges and another day higher reps 3x6-8

Can I use this kind of machine for rows? I find it hard to stay consistent with the form on my barbell rows

I fucked an intercostal (i think) while singing with my band last night, anyone else done that and know how long it takes to heal?

Took me a month to heal last time.

Chest supported rows of all kinds are GOAT. That machine is one of my favorites.

It depends on what you're doing for the tabata. KB swing? Maybe the 6th. Burpees? Probably 3rd. Don't do a half tabata you fucking pussy.

Minor sprain? Maybe a week. You can probably train around it, just see what doesn't exacerbate the pain.

My next three weeks..
week 7-9

How fucked am I?

I'm doing a resistance bike, like the original research did.

Do I need to tense my core at a very low level of exertion at all times to have good posture?

Krav Maga or BJJ if I just want to be able to disarm a mugger?

Can i stretch the workout routine across the entire day and rest like an hour between sets or should the sets be done close together?

I've got this from an appendix cut, it's starting to look nice and I feel while I still can't directly start working on my abs I can at least get rid of the love handles.
Is there any cool and easy exercise that only works my love handles?

anyone used "the curse" preworkout? worth using? does it cause explosive diarrhea like some other ones?

What do you think about this as a protein meal after workout?:

Canned Tuna(no oil) + lowfat quark (not sure if quark is the right translation, really low fat cottage cheese) + chives and onions and stuff like that. + cucumber, paprika (pulverised)

I'm thinking about putting a bit of olive oil in because everyone says that "healthy oils" are important. Does that make sense?

My paycheck has come in a bit late and my gym membership just finished, so I took 3 consecutive rest days, should i just work out twice this week or stick to three times a week with two consecutive working days ( one would be tomorrow morning, the other after tomorrow at night)?

getting cravings something fierce, how to ignore them? I usually don't get them this bad, probably the worst they've been in two months.

I am not getting DOMS and I've worked out for a week, what gives?

What are the chances of extra skin with gyno surgery

>Is there any cool and easy exercise that only works my love handles?
no. Love handles aren't a muscle, they're excess fat.

DOMS go away after a few weeks of lifting, you rarely get them after that point.

Yeah but I never got it before.

What are your lifts? Stats?

I'm not sure, give me some time, but I just started lifting 2 weeks ago

How the fuck are you not sure what your lifts are? What much weight are you doing on each lift?

Just finished my best cut so far and yet I still hate myself when exactly does "making it" start?

when you feel good, you'll look good and when you look good you feel good and when you feel good you eat cookies

black coffee / Hot chocolate.

Yes, I realize the Hot chocolate part sounds shitty, but it's generally 50 cals and kills the desire for other sugary cravings.

It's around 25 on each side, not including the bar

How much do you think I should be able to squat if I'm 5'4" 135lb and about 14-16%bf

>It's around 25 on each side, not including the bar
ON WHAT

Squats? Bench? Deadlifts?

How many of each are you doing? How many sets? How many reps?

It sounds like you're not following a program.

Not much. Gotta go out and try it.

So do you know why I don't get doms for a starter?

entirely dependent on how long you've lifted and how much of your LBM is muscle. If it's your first time just use weight you're comfortable with.

That's what I'm trying to figure out you retard.

What is your routine? How much do you lift? How many times per week?

Like christ if you don't tell me what you're doing I don't know anything about how you lift, which means I don't know anything about potential issues.

I'm doing Starting strength

Okay, now we're getting somewhere. But for christ's sake can you just answer my questions?

What are your lifts? You're lifting 90 pounds but on WHAT? What about your other lifts?

Looks like good volume to me

Sounds good to me Because you're weak and only lifting baby weights . DOMS are a sign of nothing important. Don't sweat it just keep lifting

But from what I've read in the sticky shouldn't I be getting doms since I'm weak and struggling with the weight?

If you'd actually tell us how much you're lifting on each weight, we might be able to help you.

As he said, DOMS are just soreness, it might not happen to everyone. But it's also possible you're not pushing yourself or have bad form. Without knowing your lifts we don't know.

>If you'd actually tell us how much you're lifting on each weight, we might be able to help you.
I did, a few posts ago.

No you didn't. You said "25 on each side" and didn't specify a lift. I asked you which ones and you replied, "i'm doing starting strength".

You have been vague at-best, so fuck off or actually give us info to help you with.

It's starting strength program, it has all the lifts listed in there, I'm following it but I don't evne know what else to tell you other than I have around 50-75lbs I'm lifting each excersize.
Am I being trolled? I sure feel like it.

Why are pull ups compared to rows and not OHP?

So you're using same weight for each different exercise ?

>'m following it but I don't evne know what else to tell you other than I have around 50-75lbs I'm lifting each excersize.
Christ, you're not even recording your lifts? Not gonna make it.

And past that, weights vary completely on each lift. I don't believe for a second you're lifting 95 lbs on OHP after just starting while also not on 1pl8 with Squats. A 50 lb bench (not including the bar) is alright for a beginner but a 50 lb deadlift is pathetic for just about anyone.

The reason I'm "trolling" you is because you want answer any of my questions straight-forward so I'm assuming you're either lying or have no idea what you're doing and just throwing numbers out to not look like an idiot, which is only making you look worse.

I would assume because they use your biceps as opposed to triceps.

what the fuck is going on in this thread

It's a QTDDTOT that's living up to its name.

What do people mean they say they can do 3 plate squats? Do they put a plate on each side and split the third one in half somehow?

???

A plate (or pl8) is a plate on each side. So 1pl8 is 2 45lb plates, 2pl8 is 4 45lb plates, 3 pl8 is 6 45lb plates, and so on.

I'm using the same bar for DL,squats, barbells and benchpress, is this bad

If I have a middle aged woman with joint pain who's trying to just do some simple exercise, would this be good for her
>Ohp
>Dumbbell rows
>Trapbar

It seems like relatively easy exercises to do and hits every body part.

holy shit, what?

you're not sending a man to the moon, bro. if you need to bring a notebook to the gym to remember your lifts, sets, reps and weight, something is wrong.

keep it simple. i don't care what anyone on here says, that is overkill.

Who knows the best way to cycle off and for how long you should stay off before starting again.

Why should i bother putting heavy weights on my back if i can just do weightless squats and get the same results?

Cheap, quick and somewhat delicious protein source? Preferably something I can have for lunch and/or dinner.

fat is like water in a bathtub. you can decide to remove water, but you don't get to choose where it comes from. you can't take water out of the corner, and you can't select fat from your stomach. lose fat and let your body decide.

That's actually a really good analogy

Just pick one day a week and cook in bulk. Make something you like and portion it off. Now you have microwaveable seconds ready whenever you need them.

>fat is like water in a bathtub. you can decide to remove water, but you don't get to choose where it comes from.
that is literally the best way to describe fat loss to newbies I have ever heard

it's the only way i've ever described it. everyone understands it and never asks silly questions about it again.

I'm gonna steal that. Thanks user.

But you can remove it two ways, from the drain and by hand/bucket

The net result would be the same.

But if I take a sheet of metal and create a dam in the middle I can then decide where the water goes

I'm about to go on a cut, what's a good recommended routine to do while cutting? I'm a bit bored of my generic push pull routine.

Yes, but what should I cook in bulk?

Yes, but the excess water is still there, you're just pushing it elsewhere. As soon as you remove the metal it'll go back to normal.

to the best of my knowledge cutting is just continuing your routine while trying to maintain as much muscle as you can. Cardio always helps.

Chicken, fish, beef, pasta, salads, veggies, literally whatever the fuck you want. Find something that fits your macros and tastes good and make enough to last you a few days. Rinse and repeat.

Keep your routine the same, but allow more time for recovery. So if you're doing SS, do a light day once a week and only increase weights twice per week. If you're doing TM, try setting a PR every 2 weeks instead of every week.

>got this from an appendix cut
A surgeon did that? Jesus I thought that was from a traumatic car accident.

In the tiny, tiny chance this is not a troll, I am going to say something I've never said to anyone here before: you are not gonna make it.

Depends on the bar.

Will I look good if I'm all green on symmetric strength? If I cut 20 pounds, I'll be all green but am currently all blue.

ie eating fewer calories vs burning more

Same end result

this guy

kek

The analogy is iron-clad! Not even bullshit semantics can defeat it!

halp
tingling sensation from wrist down to forearm and it hurts a bit in the right backside of my elbow, tried different grips and nothing works,
is it my wrist? is it my elbow? is it delivery? its digornio
but srsly
>pic related

>implying your lifts will be the same after you cut 20 lbs.

How bad does it get? I've cut 5-8 lbs so far and haven't noticed any weakness. I was just wondering how good a green color is.

It's different for everyone obviously. I've lost 15 lbs and my squat has gone down 35 lbs, bench 15 lbs, DL 45 lbs, and OHP 10 lbs.

That site is fun, but don't put too much importance on what color you are. Even if it says green is after like a year, I started turning green before even three months, and I'm a total dyel.

Decline/dips

At night when I try to sleep, my forearm is filled with a dull, very uncomfortable pain that's only relieved slightly by pushing my fingers back far. I'm not sure what's caused it but I think it's from when I was an MMO addict.

What is this pain and how do I cure it? I've had it for like 4 years now.

Why did I feel a pop in my elbow when doing tricep overheads?

No swelling, no pain, no effects whatsoever.

It just felt like something moved out of place with a quick pop and now it's fine.

Getting back into working out and am also beginning Judo training two times a week.
Want to hit the gym three times a week.

Do I space it all out over five days and rest for two or should I hit the gym before judo?
Or should I alter my workout entirely, to accommodate?

Anyone ever tried calisthenic progressions alongside weight training? Currently trialling different variations alongside a PPL but finding it difficult to incorporate the two together. eg: planche work etc

for bodyweight workouts do I do a full body daily or split it up by muscle groups like with lifting?

You go to the gay bar daily and take dick in butt 3 x 10.

That might be too few; I recommend 3 x F

Just starting to go to the gym again after a break for like 7 months. I was doing SL to start and switched to Greyskull after that for like 4-5 months.

When I start again now should I keep doing a beginner routine like that or should I do something like a PPL?

thx

if you haven't lifted for 7 months you should probably go back to a beginner program just to test the waters.

Yes, and if you cut your legs off you will no longer have to worry about the fat on them.

How often should I directly train abs ? is it ok to train everyday of the week a couple hours after your workout