How hard is it to quit this shit?

How hard is it to quit this shit?

If people can quit cigs cold turkey, does the same apply to coffee?

It sucks and youll have terrible headaches but its possible. Just taper off as dumb as it sounds

If you're a wagecuck?
Good luck
If you are someone who doesn't have to be 'productive' , then it's pretty easy, no harder than resisting eating like a pig when on a cut.

It's hard at first but significantly easier than quitting real drugs.

It's mostly a habit. Try reducing the amount first (by making the time towards your next coffee longer). Then switch to black or green tea,which is both easier to quit and less bad for you.

Going cold turkey starting tomorrow.

Got a bunch of tea stocked up for the withdrawals.

it's just bitter water with caffeine in it, it's really not that great.

i rarely drink it, this morning i had a mug of milk and threw in a heaping tablespoon of instant and chugged it down. that's about as coffee as i get.

Tea.

Switch to tea

Why would you quit?

Coffee is love. Coffee is why I get out of bed in the morning. Coffee makes me not hate my idiot co-workers. Fuggin' love me some coffee.

Why quit something thats not bad for you?

stinky breath, subtle anxiety, jitters

>stinky breath

gum

>subtle anxiety

no

>jitters

no

If you can't handle a cup of coffee get the fuck out of the kitchen

>stinky breath
Cuz you put sugar in it you mong, black coffee doesn't give you the stank

Oh plz try giving up a real drug lad

Recently stopped taking 200-400mg of caffeine pills, which I've taken everyday for the last 10 years. The first 2 weeks were lousy, but like every thing else, you adjust.

i love coffee but if i don't brush my teeth within 30mins of drinkin I feel like my teeth are being permanently stained

Going to a cafe to relax as a ritual is hard to quit.
They just feel comfy if the music isn't too loud

Cafes usually have tea and sheeit

Yeah and really bad pastries.

once every few years ill quit coffee for a month or so, its not difficult if you start on a weekend were you can sleep for like 16+ hours the first few days, but i always come back to cause theres no real reason to be off it, plus it lowers your chance of dying from all causes by 16% (pic related)

forgot pic

>2016
>still drinking coffee
>not realizing the government has been contaminating coffee bean sources with mind control drugs to control your wallets and addiction to oil water that is almost as effective as having a goat bite your nutsack early in the morning.

fucking plebs

If you're drinking 5 cups a day like my uncle did then yeah, you should stop that. 1 cup a morning is really no issue though.

>tfw crush on cafe qt
>eventually ask her out
>she says yes then flakes
>date other girls and stop going to cafe
>she asks my friend about me

What did she mean by this?

>5 cups a day

Fuckin' casual.

Sounds like she's lonely or horny and wants some attention/validation

If I quit coffee, will I turn into a rambling tinfoil-hat nutcase?

how to quit coke bls help

only if you start eating tree bark with mayonnaise ASAP

the fiber in the bark soaks up the mind control drugs from your colon, rendering it null

trust me

>using one caffeine drink to get off another

What the fuck is this point?

Nobody understand that the point is to end the caffeine dependence, not just stop drinking a specific thing.

That's how fucked up people are about caffeine.

i quit caffinated coffee when i was pregnant, went cold turkey. Weaning off gradually will only prolong the suffering. Switched to decaf so I still had some hot beverage in the mornings but it was awful. Terrible headaches and fatigue, not sure how much of it was withdrawal and how much was pregnancy, but after ~2 weeks I started feeling normal again and could make it through a workday without wanting to kill everyone.

There is considerably less caffeine in tea than coffee. You can ween yourself off of caffeine with it.

Just don't drink it. I've done it. It's easy.

>Ween
OCEANMAN

Anyone else take caffeine pills? Thoughts?

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

I had bad headaches for a few days from caffeine withdrawal, but nothing an advil can't help with. I was drinking cups for cups a day.

I quit cold turkey (for New Years res) because I hate being dependent on it to be productive.

First month I felt tired, but I'm better now.

I do miss it though, considering starting it again. He main benefit is that it allows you to manually control when you want to perk up. Now if I'm tired all I can do is get more sleep or go for a walk or something. Which is probably better for my health, but annoying on days when I really need to get shit done and didn't sleep well the night before for whatever reason.

why would you ever stop it's good for you mate

Whats a cup? 8oz? I drink a 35oz of it in the morning, a 35oz of black tea, and then a double up on the tea sometimes again desu.

If you're legitimately addicted, I do not recommend going cold turkey until you're at 1 cup a day. You shouldn't have any withdrawal symptoms if you quit from 1 cup a day.

Substituting with tea does not work.

I mean 8oz or less, really depends on your beans but usually I stick with that.

Nothing wrong with coffee though.

>Being addicted to caffeine

Is this really a thing?

this man speaks the truth

Tfw bipolar. A cup of strong coffee gets me into a hypersexual state along with anxiety and paranoia. I go from eye raping chicks to everyone get the fuck away from me several times throughout the trip

i don't even feel the effects anymore it is more of a comfort thing and a reason to walk around the office when you are stuck in a cube for 12+ hours

public accounting bro reporting in

It's literally the most widespread thing in the western world that people are addicted to, aside from maybe junk/fast food

Bipolar disorder is not rapid mood swings.

Why would you want to? You probably eat/drink a million things a day way worse for you than coffee.

>it lowers your chance of dying from all causes by 16%

tfw immortal

Its not bad. Days 1-3 get progressively worse but it gets better after that. Should be all done in about 7 days. No reason to quit though user, coffee is delicious.

Dont use tea. You'll just end up drinking same amt of caffeine but with tea. Cold turkey is best

Bipolar mood swing happen over a few weeks, not a few hours or minutes.

I like my coffee like I like my women.

Delivered to me in a sack from the back of a columbian donkey.

Tea has been shown to reduce estrogen. it's basically like you want to be a woman if you don't drink it.

>tfw two gallons of tea a day and I tell people this to get them leave me alone
I'm pretty sure it only affects post menopausal women, but I don't care to explain myself to them.

I highly recommend caffeine pills. They're cheap and convenient. If you're going to use caffeine, pop a pill. I use a splitter to split a 200mg pill into 100mg and take it with 200mg of l theanine every other day and I am super sharp without the jitters.

But coffee is a pretty good thing to make a protein shake with.

>1 scoop strawberry flavored whey
>1 cup cold coffee (I make it the night before and leave it in the fridge)
>1 cup goat milk

Shit is god tier, and takes literally no time to make, so I take it for breakfast and add an extra 30 minuets to my sleep.