How lifting helps you in other things

How has lifting helped you in other areas of life/activities, Veeky Forums?

>friend invites me to free Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu club
>free lessons twice a week
>fits my schedule, sounds like fun
>1st week sucks, can't really make use of strength advantage (most guys there are skinny and I'm 6 ft 210 lbs)
>3rd week in, can hold people down no problem
>beat other new people np, can hold my own against people that have been doing it for years
>get called a big guy

How has lifting helped you out in life, fit?
>pic unrelated

None are v cute tho maybe 9

Rolliry roo

>having no practice
>doing BJJ
>beating them as a beginner
I'm gonna go on and guess it's not a serious place then. That or you're a monster.

rolling

The confidence and energy from being in shape has helped me more than anything else in my entire life. I highly recommend working out, some full body exercises and some running/jogging. Don't do too much, though.

helped me change my brake rotors without hurting myself

Oh, I should clarify. I'm not beating the advanced guys that have 4 or 5 years of experience, they have their own separate class. I can essentially go toe to toe against the "kings of newbies", guys that have been doing it for 1, maybe 2 years, sometimes on and off.

>spar against teacher once, for a good lesson in humility
>one mistake, getting chocked out with his legs

>2012
>not rolling

>confidence and energy from being in shape
so much this, lifting heavy (4me) weight makes normal tasks a breeze, and the confidence boost is great

Thanks for the clarification OP.

>not choosing 1

Yeah np, claiming to beat the advanced guys 3 weeks in would be complete bullshit.

>btw I bench 1,337 lbs and drive a Ferrari, and my dad owns Nintendo

r

haha no 1 for you

confidence

fags

1 actually looks like the last girl I fucked

roll

mirin them hitler dubs, you're the winner, sieg heil

Rolling

Must be this tall to ride

haven't been able to dunk in a couple years, due to gaining weight and not being active. got my weight back down to 205 and squatting 3x a week for a few months, now I'm dunking pretty easily.

>tfw being a 6'4 male and not being able to dunk a basketball

>tfw no explosiveness and can't jump or shit

I'd do five

Re-Rollin.

Roll

Cmon I just want five. Re-Rollin.

hard to tell, but 8 looks like the best

So you're winning in the fundamentals class? I hate it when people go really hard in the fundamentals class.

Not related to you, but I was early for a no-gi class one time. They had me practice passing closed guard with a class that had a bunch of white belts in it. Not only did this big guy use maximal effort without breathing, he didn't know proper hygiene. It sucked so bad.

Oh, we all give full effort during sparring, but like I said the advanced people are in a different class. Gi and no-gi don't spar/roll against each other.

>and i bursh my teeth and floss

>Full effort
>Third week
>In the academy

I'm so sure that's not the full story.

Not an academy, just a club at my Uni.

I may not be wording things correctly. When I say full effort, I simply mean when I'm sparring against other beginners I'm not holding back, so my strength gives me an advantage.

To give you some background info, we do warm ups, then we get taught something, practice it, given advice, continue practicing, and then last 20 minutes or so are sparring, 2-3 minute rounds, and switching partners each round.

Current problem is, while I can now consistently force my way into side control, and I've already been taught multiple ways to go from side control into a submission like the Americana, I'm just not experienced or technical enough to successfully do it in a sparring match.

There are many differences between how one would do randori in a class and how they compete. Not holding back puts you and your partner at a higher risk for injury. You either have a rogue instructor who infiltrated the university from Akatsuki, or a misunderstanding about how a fundamentals class works. There's no way they encourage you to go harder than 70%. Especially before you're "technical enough" to get somebody in an Americana.

I'm sure your longevity in the art and your risk of injury are better served with less effort during the class. Do they offer a competition class? Perhaps you could see about competing?

Rolllll

Roll

BJJ instructor here.

I wouldn't have absolute beginners roll. If I wanted them to do live stuff it would be positional based upon techniques I have done that day. I do that every class with my all levels class anyways, but of course have live rolling afterwards.

roll

I got 5 or 8.

5, 6, 8, or 0 please

It's just a free club. It's taught by some pretty experience people (beginner class is taught by a purple belt). Nice people, they've only taught us the very basic fundamental stuff (guard and side control, mostly).

You get what you pay for desu, and it's free. No injuries so far, though.

>If I wanted them to do live stuff it would be positional based upon techniques I have done that day. I do that every class with my all levels class anyways, but of course have live rolling afterwards.

This is what we do, like I said before I might not be describing it adequately.
>warm-up
>be taught something
>practice it (not sparring) [most of the class]
>sparring

rollan

>be boxer
>do a fuckton of sprints
>eventually become able to lunge through half the ring in the first second of the round
>mfw opponent's face when I'm inside his guard by the time the gong has stopped ringing

Was away for a while and did some more strength training than usual for a few months, can't wait to see the outcome of that when I get back on the ring.

Rollin

0 or 1 pls

roll for 1

dubs

Roll

Now nobody notices if i get fat. People still pay more attention to wider shoulders, arms etc.

kk

rolling for 0 pls

>not insecure
>don't care about looks or smiling anymore
>people think I model and think I lie when I say no
>get asked out frequently
It feels nice knowing how easy the hot ones are and how I can choose from any cutie I want
>meaningless sex isn't fun anymore
I slept around too much
>ready to meet the one
Named neo
>2 small savings accounts and 2 backups savings
>hardly work out yet people think I'm fit as fuck
>fitter than amerifats
>Don't look at food the same
Everything is veg/probiotics/fermented foods/grassfed meats
Or
Processed sugar/phytic acid
>talking to people is easier
Use to be abused, little shut in victim scared af of people
>can swim now
It's all mental
>masturbate more
>can come hands free anally
So that's cool

Lifting makes my grandpa respect me

1 get

5/8

rollan

Gimme a 5 or a 0 pls

>wanting any of them besides 5,8, or 0

any qt3.14 welcome

lifting helps me to bowhunt (that 80# fps) and carry meat back to the truck

i actually started lifting 3 years ago to help my dad, he was a strong dude and had cancer and lost a lung and couldn't hurl the meat back.

i'm way more heavy and i get tired more easily in the woods, but since my dad is also more beaten up i can just keep his pace. he's a very good hunter still, so i always get to hurl heavy weight.

i powerlift and weigh 195 btw

rolling

gimme a five!

Only way it's helped me is getting the notice of a 3.14 Amazon that works in the salon across from me. She also Korean... maybe will ask her out next week

roll jenes

Z E R 0
E
R

S
O N E
V
E
N

1- hot but meh
2-hot but ugly
3-ugly
4-hot
5-not attractive
6-meh
7-awful
8-fat and ugly
9-might be attractive to inuit ppl
0-good looking
dubs- meh

lets see what ill get
roll

>Be a teen
>Go high school
>Scary bullies everywhere, shut down and become a shut-in.
>Think I can somehow sprout wings in university but can't shake my introversion off.
>Make an an hero attempt at 19 when it's clear that this is my life.
>Fail, live like a sad cunt for a bit longer, slowly hop on the Veeky Forums train just because it's something to occupy my time.
>Lose 50lbs of chub, get noob gains.
>Fix my wardrobe, learn basic hair styling.
>Go back to a new school (dropped out).
>People are more willing to talk to a dude with an athletic build instead of a disgusting 4/10 chubby guy who looks like a hot mess, go figure.
Lifting helped

roll

Roll
I'll take any of them desu
>tfw no gf

5 OR 8
5 OR 8

HAHA
SEE YOU LOSERS

lol keked

rollan

rolling

Roll and transform out

SEVEN GET

roll

Role

How does a blind person post on Veeky Forums exactly?

rollt

Rolling for 5

Rololololololo

>off by one

mires by girls, nothing else really, maybe carrying home groceries?

Rolling for 5, 0, or 9

a noob jits guy at work always tries to help me with big boxes at work but I tell him NO because i wanna lift my huge boxes and he thinks he's such a big strong guy

It fights my stress. I'm in law school and we've had three suicides in the past year so that's been weighing on everybody quite a bit. All three had shown signs of heavy alcoholism prior to death and since physical activity helps alleviate that somewhat, I'm trying to stick with it religiously. Looking good has become a distant secondary reason for lifting.

roll1

rolling for 9

The Dead Flag Blues