Feels/Mental Health Thread

Hey Veeky Forums, I'm a long time lurker and former fatty. Was sitting at 230 and am now 167 in 4-5 months. I figured losing this much weight would help with my confidence toward girls, if anything it has gotten worse. Is there a way to get happier with my body? Is lifting the way to go or will I be stuck in a perpetual state of hatred regardless? Also pic related, me last year at roughly 230/240. Feel free to share your story as motivation is god tier (thanks for FPH).

Also here's a recent pic.

keep it up bro

Keep it up familam

>230 to 167 in 4-5 months
Stop starving and go slower. You're eye sockets looking like a holocaust survivors should be a hint.

good job user!
your facial features seem pretty symmetrical desu, and you have gorgeous eyes.
have you been getting enough sun? shit literally keeps depression at bay sometimes, plus it's healthy for your skin in small doses.

i'd recommend to maybe play around with your hair to see if there's a style you like better. it seems really.. average.

as for girls, i have no idea what to tell you because i'm unsocial but i'd recommend to maybe hang out with girls as friends with your bros? so you can get practice making eye contact, feeling more comfortable with the other gender, etc

Junior year of highschool I was diagnosed Schizophrenic. I tried to keep that info bottled up and only known to my family, but somehow someway it got out. I lost friends and people ignored me, so much to the point that I would ask people questions only to get silence. The disease got worse, and I went deeper and deeper into self-loathing and depression, hating the fact that I had no control over what was happening to my mind and reality. One terrible morning, after a huge bout of hallucinations, I decided that if I can't control my mind, I sure as hell will control my body. I started lifting and dieting with a ferocity I hadn't ever felt before. I made lifting my medicine.

3 years after the fact, I still suffer mentally, and each day is tough. However, I look pretty good and care about myself still. I've got friends and a girlfriend who care about who I am, not my disease.

Keep at it man. Learn to love yourself and control what you can and deal with what you can't.

Lifting, why haven't you been lifting? It boosts your mood on top of physique and burns extra calories. Then you can eat a little more and have more energy.

Can you give a brief rundown of your symptoms?

Ive recently been feeling like there is someone or something fucking with me and things people say are referencing things in my life as if theyve been spying on me.

Little bit concerned bout that.

looking good familia, you started lifting yet? you look hella scrawny right now but you're doing good so far, you're gonna make it if you hit the gym and get swole.
I'm currently a recovering fatty, down nearly 15 pounds in just about 2 months, doing Stronglifts for the same time and I've literally doubled/tripled my lifting strength

Yeah totally. I had somewhat the same deal. I would pore over news papers and be convinced that people were trying to contact me in code. I'd hear voices, a lot of time as screams, right before bed.

I also felt that everyone at school was conspiring against me. That everyone was talking about me or going to kill me.
Shadow people were the worst. Would see them everywhere.

Talk to a psych man. If I didn't try and get on medicine I'm sure I would be homeless.

350 to 200lbs in just under 2 years here.

I still feel like the same fat sack of shit I've always been.

Yeah OP here, I started up at the gym about a month back but am still in highschool so it's hard getting in more than 3x a week. Slowly making progress though.

3 a week should definitely be good to start, whats your routine like?

Found out my ex is getting married to the manlet she cheated on me with.

Sales fell short for me to get my royalties/residuals from a story at the end of the month, so now I won't see it until January at the earliest.

Found a leak at the stem of the tube on my bike, so there goes my cardio for a few weeks until I can get a new tube (custom sized tube: thanks Specialized).

Some teens were making fun of me for doing Farmer's Walks in the gym with DBs.

Haven't gone anywhere other than the gym and taking my folks to doctor's appointments in 3 weeks.

Just feeling like crap today. Really want a beer and don't even have enough empty cans to take back for a cheap one.

Just fucking blah.

Sounds exactlt like me. I have body dysmorphic disorder and its really bad. I weighed 155 pounds at 6' at one point and only saw an obese loser in the mirror. My biggest problem was setting realistic goals for myself as my endgoal to reach with my fitness was simply liking what I sqw in the mirror. But as it wasn't a measurable or realistic goal then it wasn't obtainable because as I got closer and made progress I kept pushing away what was acceptable to me and what I wanted to see in the mirror. So make some goals. Short and long term. But they have to be realistic. How much do you want to weigh? How big do you want your waist to be? How big around do you want your arms to be? How fast do you want to run a mile? How many miles do you want to run? How much do you want to be able to bench press? Write it down, make them your goals, record and measure you progress and keep track of it. Notice when you reach your goals or get close to them and feel good about yourself. You've lost a ton of weight and done a ton of good man. You can get there, you just need to decide where there is before you kill yourself trying to get it. Give yourself wome credit and look at what all you've done, figure out what you want to do, then push yourself like you've already done and get there.

At this point there isn't much of one. A friend of mine has been helping me with super basic stuff like form and what not. I figure it might not be a bad idea to do full body workouts to begin as right now I'm just doing his routine of muscle groups but at lower weights (chest, biceps,legs,ect.) Though idk if this makes sense since I can only get in like 3x a week

try Stronglifts or starting strength, both are good beginner plans, I like Stronglifts for the app that tracks your progression

Help Veeky Forums
One day returning from my gym I bought some flowers for my mom because theres a flowershop on my way to and from the gym, and she likes flowers, I got kinda nervous because the cashier there is kinda cute, I had seen her a couple times hanging outside the flowershop and we had exchanged smiles a time or two.
So when I bought the flowers she was a bit flirty and chatty, but I kinda spilled my spaghetti because I'm awkward around women, also I didnt make a move because I think she was just being friendly to a customer.
So the next day I go to the gym she was outside and said hi, but I spilled my spaghetti again and muffled out some weird sound and continued walking
The following day I just decided to just avoid awkwardness so I crossed the street to avoid her as I show in the image, but I saw that from the other side of the street she was looking at me and came walking to me to say hello, and of course I spilled my spaghetti again
So now I just go around the block as I show there to avoid awkwardness, but I dont want to walk all the way around the block every time I go to the gym.
What do

Have you tried not having autism

First step is to say hello, second step is to not be yourself and instead be that cool guy you see at the gym.

Walk on the other side of the street and give a friendly wave if you see her. Do it that way for some time and then pop back in to get your mom more flowers on a day when you're in a cheery mood. At least then you'll have an objective and reason to talk to her. That will help you not drop pocket tendies as much.

The manlet meme is really starting to get to me, man. I'm 5'5 and everywhere I go I'm shorter than pretty much everyone, even kids. The girl I like is inches taller than me.

jesus christ i thought i was autistic
you're on another level my man, my condolences

Dude, I just happy I haven't killed myself yet. My ex broke up with me about five months ago, and it fucking broke me.

She came into work today and had a giant hickey, and I got so angry I punched and cracked the tile in our bathroom.

BTW
She left me for THIS. Now I'm no prize pig, but I'm more of a man than this faggot will ever be.

Easy man. You have to stop caring about what other people think. I guess that's easy for me considering I'm a sociopath. I feel bad for you normies.

>tfw have anxiety so can't caffeine
>tfw trying to cut

i need some help with this shit
i'm also running a lot

find out how much he weighs, bench press that

I know you're just five months in, I'm 10 months in.

How do you get over it? They move on, but I can't seem to.

diagnosed with rapid cycling bipolar 2 & adhd this january during my spring semester of my freshman year of college. two months later they put me on lamictal, and the next two months were the closest i can say i've come to experiencing hell, with the first month spent in soul-crushing depression, and the next in a mixed-state with psychotic symptoms. my already poor grades and school work due to adhd went to absolute garbage even on the few days i could get up for school. even though i got new meds eventually, it was only during the last few days of the semester, and the anxiety, guilt, and shame combo from having done so poorly kept me from going to any of my finals.

for a while i was better, but then i moved into my own apartment, my work hours prevent me from taking my meds (makes me drowsy and often times i don't get home til midnight so i can't take them), and since my medicaid was cut and i'm without medical insurance until i get more money, i'm shit out of luck with meds right now. rn i'm on and off with the same symptoms, though to a much lesser degree. honestly the hardest part is seeing all my friends going to school and knowing i could be doing the same if i was just fuckin medicated.

the only thing keeping me going rn is my coworkers, my ldr boyfriend and the hope that once i start eating healthy and working out, i'll actually stick to it this time. wish me luck fellas.

bruh

dude is literally trying to dress like an anime character with that aliexpress shit. to me that's the sign that she was never meant to be "the one." i hope you feel better soon.

>he feels for girls

Accept you have oneitis
Fight the oneitis
Lose your oneitis

Then get another gf

user,
Life goes up and down bro. I was living in my car with oneitis over this girl that cheated on me like 5 times after she found out i was having sex with my ex again. A year passed and i was 216. I got in a car wreck, drugs took over my life and i went to rehab. In rehab, she cheated again. Once i was out, two months later she left me. I cried for two weeks, then hit the gym. Every fucking day bro. Hit up old friends, hit a couple girls off facebook, tinder was easy. If there is something i think is hard, i attempt it, anything my mind comes up with. Girl, ill say hi. Etc. Got a job, that helped. Started adapting and figuring situations out instead of saying i cant. Anyway, i talk to two girls atm. One on the phone, every night. One once a week in person. Emotional/physical support. Gym daily, running/parkour twice a week. My attitude has changed towards everything and im looked at as an alpha. Ppl copy me. Im the dude who wanted to kill himself nightly, sleeping in my car, oneotis, cheated on, emotionally fucked and ppl are copying me? Ppl are sheep bro. Workout, act alpha, challenge your mind every day, learn off of people and learn what works/what doesn't, especially with girls. I'll throw some guide in after pic.

5'11

So I got bored and dropped 1 tab of cid around 1am for some reason.
About 2 hours later, I was kinda feeling it, but there were no amazing visuals or anything, so I just dropped 2 more.
well, its 2:53, and I have things to do tomorrow. Actually, I have important things to do tomorrow.
I dont know why I did this. I do a lot of extremely dangerous shit. Its almost like I enjoy breaking the law and fucking myself up more than I enjoy the money I get breaking the law and the high/trip I get from the drugs.
As for lifting, going smoothly, no complaints.
I dunno. Does this thread belong on Veeky Forums? Does this post? Do I?
Well OP, my own 2c.
Girls dont matter, and neither do relationships in general. Spend a lot of time being a super fucking interesting person. by the end, you shouldn't even want to have a gf or be normal, but hey, your choice.
The average dudebro will always be proud of his body because he is trapped in a meme, he will never see the potential he has, so he will never actually try to escape from the hell he is in.
The day you start lifting is the day you realize how small you are, the day you pick up the Iliad is the day you realize how big the canon is, the day you step on the track is the day you realize youre slow as shit.
It shouldn't demoralize you, it should motivate you.
But fuck motivation. Motivation is fickle and can be lost over small things. Discipline is key if you want to get anywhere.
All in all, dont be afraid to have a little fun, but keep your eyes on the prize. And the prize better be a better version of yourself calling you a faggot, not some girl.

I'm 5'3 and it only bothers me sometimes with girls mostly
I work in a store though and I feel strangely at ease with approaching tall girls 80% of the time unless they are really gorgeous then I feel like an actual peasant slug

If you're going through hell, keep going

don't know if youre still here. But the fact that you know those thoughts are irrational is a good thing. I'd say they are intrusive thoughts caused by your anxiety about developing schizophrenia.