Why do non-celebrity oly athletes have such underwhelming physiques?

Why do non-celebrity oly athletes have such underwhelming physiques?

Because they don't care about physique, they care about oly lifting.

but that makes no sense

...wut?

If you workout, you should have an impressive physique.

Powerlifters who lift for strength only still look really good and are well proportioned.

Oly lifters seem to only have strong backs and legs but twiggy arms and small chests.

weightlifting i can tell you now is very much down to your nervous system as opposed to your muscle size

>TIME UNDER TENSION

In weightlifting big muscles help less than technique, and arms and chest are barely used. The legs and back (which you said are strong) are the main movers.
Arms are just there to connect the weights to your body, they don't really do much.
Oly lifters will do some arm and chest just to stay somewhat balanced, but they don't care how much they bench or curl.

The other thing you're glossing over is bodyfat percentage. Aside from the weight classes, there's no reason to cut weight. Even then, it's easier to stay at a higher body fat and add strength than to lose fat and maintain strength.

So again, they care more about oly lifting than they do about physique.

Because they don't have to roid like pros do

Even pros look pretty bad (right pic)

The only ones that I see who look good are the mascots for the sport like Klokov or Xiaojun who have to train glamour muscles to look good.

what do you mean by this

A lot of them only see it as a hobby, so they never git gud.

It's a lot about technique and nervous system as well, it's also about the kind of muscle you build for it.

You're an idiot.
Do you think people at that level care about how they look? You must be retarded and very infantile

Klokov and other Russian lifters are and have been on pretty obviously high doses of roids, klokov is hardly relevant in this sense anyway at this point because his career ended pretty much 4 years ago and now he just sells knowledge and bro science to crossfit idiots, he no longer has to pass any test

Because powerlifting has a competition lift that's pretty fucking dependent on chest and arm strength. Oly doesn't, not since they removed the press.

Because you're arms are not being used in the lift for the most part. If you're using your arms you're doing it wrong . They aren't pressing hundred of lbs over their head. They are pushing it up using their legs and falling under it to catch it over their head.

Literally no one answered the guy's question but instead they started to parade around non-statement

>Why do non-celebrity oly athletes have such underwhelming physiques?
because they don't care about physique, they care about oly lifting

Why do celebrity oly-lifters have decent physiques then

that's a whole lot of penis outlines in one photo.

>you tryin' to tell us something ?

Ilya Ilyin was like. THE Olympic lifter to admire for a while and he looks like trash, strong as fuck, pyyro dimas another popular and great lifter was pretty unimpressive looking too, klokov and xwhateverthefuck look like they do most likely by personal preference and because they're strong enough to pack on that extra mass and still be competitive at those weight classes

I watched OLY lifting at the olympics. besides the heavyweights, most of them looked ripped.

Because their physique is a large part of how they make their careers, especially post-competition. Klokov isn't the golden boy of the crossfit world because he's the greatest oly lifter or the greatest font of knowledge, he's the golden boy because he's a jacked as fuck elite weightlifter. If he looked like big Rez or Aramnau 90% of the audience would not give two fucks about him.

Litrelly has my body and i'm at 7th month, just has more mass. And i'm doing SS.

>tfw fell for the meme

klokov is a tangent from the norm, granted his making lots of money from his crossfit wods but the other athletes are "just" oly trainers now, if that and still look good and have looekd good throughout their career

I'm guessing what he's asking should be reworded into "why do low-class oly lifters look so imbalanced" instead of good

Most elite oly lifters don't look good by his standards either. The jacked look is pretty rare outside of lifters who get stuck partway between weight classes and don't choose to just fat it up.

Why do you look like shit in spite of the large amount of weight being lifted?

>Oly lifters seem to only have strong (muscle groups used in lifts they train) but twiggy (muscle groups they don't train)

Really makes you think..

Because world top athletes usually go beyond the realms of a hobbyist?! What a stupid question

Of course they look like "shit" when compared to IFBB physique competitors, but for my part I like bodies that look like they are built for a sport and not for the beach

doesn't it say a lot about the sport when you end up with a badly proportioned body?

Every sport is going to give you a badly proportioned body if your standard for proportions is bodybuilding. Or it'll give you so little muscle that you don't really have muscular proportions to speak of.

I compare it to power lifters and strongmen

Both look very good.

It seems out of all the lifting disciplines, only oly has weak looking guys with huge legs.

Big difference there: Neither of those sports are tested. No shit they're going to be bigger than oly lifters who have to either stay drug-free or stay deniable about their use.

USAPL is tested

Strongman is not

Oly is tested

USAPL testing, in many places, is basically the honor system. That's still better than a bunch of IPF affiliates.

And, lets be serious, it's almost never USAPL guys people talk about when they're talking about jacked powerlifters.

Ok this is a bit ridiculous now

You are saying that weightlifters only look bad because they're natural when there are plenty of natural lifters who look absolutely fantastic like Candito or Scott Herman

Candito looks good, but he's hardly big (or big-armed) compared to oly lifters in the same weight range.

Herman isn't a powerlifter to my knowledge, so I don't know what he's got to do with things.

Also not to mention that the olympics is full of steroid use and yet they still look under par when it comes to upper body size

>You are saying that weightlifters only look bad because they're natural when there are plenty of natural lifters who look absolutely fantastic like Candito
>Candito

what the fuck?

Compared to strongman and powerlifting? It's really not.

They use, sure, but nothing like the kind of cycles seen in untested competition. There are guys in strongman whose 'low' dosage is over a gram a week, guys in untested powerlifting (and not SHWs or 308s either, sub-220 guys) running three grams or more in meet prep. It's gotten to the point that people talk about 500/wk test-e like it's not even worth taking.

is this more impressive than the guy you posted?

Powerlifting is only considered a sport in paralympics
Really makes you think

>cherry picking

>heh, I posted a super-heavyweight powerlifter
>checkmate bucko

Literally just drop by /plg/ and look at their bodies. They run laps around the physiques of oly general

not really. It's because powerlifting and strongman have a wide variety of federations with different standards and rules.

When they agree on one, they will find a place in the olympics.

I can tell you that strongman will easily beat ratings for weightlifting.

They don't have to lean down for categories.