2 months lifting

>2 months lifting

>Only 135x5 bench, 70x5 over head press

why even fucking lift anymore???

switch to high weight low reps, your body can flat line if you don't shock it. or just increase weight and do or die.

You're not counting the bar, are you?

> counting the bar

This OP.
Don't count the bar. If so, you might as well count your arms, all the molecules and oxygen atoms in the atmosphere, and gravity too.

There are just too many variables, just count the weights on the side.

As even else said, i hope you aren't counting the bar. Man you are pathetic. What are you going to count next? your body weight when doing squats?

what?! everywhere they say to count bar. You lift the bar with your arms don't you? you don't lift your arms with your arms

>this meme

Hello newfriend.

Theyre fucking with you. The bar obviously counts.

Cheers.

>what?! everywhere they say to count bar. You lift the bar with your arms don't you? you don't lift your arms with your arms

Kek, get a load of this guy (no homo).
How else do you lift your arms if you don't lift with your arms?

You count the bar, if it falls to the ground it has mass. You don't lift the weights with psychic power now do you? Stupid question.

The only time the bar is not applicable is when using the smith machine.

thank you distinguished gentleman

Eat more , do strong lifts

in that case, 135 bench is decent for a beginner, isn't it?

how tall are you and what do you weigh

i'm not op, I just started lifting two weeks ago, benching 35kg but it's pretty easy so far

185cm, 70kg

Someone get this nigga some food

it's better to start where i'm at and bulk than to start as a fatty and need to diet first

i lift them with my mind

lbs or kilos. THis is important.

You can push through this bro. What worked for me is eat high protein high carb, give yourself time to recover between workouts and train fucking hard. If you do this day in day out you will make progress. be patient it usually takes me 4-5 weeks to improve my bench by 10 lb. Also if you need a spot ask for one. You gotta lift heavy to get stronger.

135 is pretty decent beginner lift. I started off with 65 lb bench lmao

>only lifting for 2 months and already giving up

Kill yourself, we need less bitch boys like you

I'm a year in. Bench 8x135. I quit everything in my life to spend all my time on lifting. I have no testosterone. :) I'm weaker than grills. : ) I will kill myself soon. :^)

x5 or 5x5? because 135 5x5 after a couple months is decent.

OHP is just hard

OP, two months in is way too soon to start giving up. Results come slow, be consistent and you'll start seeing them! Your lifts aren't fantastic, but that's nothing a few more months of focus can't fix!

>crying about a 135 bench

Buddy, I started off with the bar and can only bench 95lb and 65lb ohp currently, under 2 months in, 1pl8 is my bench goal for December/early January

It's lbs.

I do 3x5 bench. Only 135lbs

But I'm cutting. I'm more embarrassed by my 70lb ohp desu.

fella it's shit.

Old men at my gym bench that

ok, those are normal lifts 2 months in

Yes but you're 2 months in, stop complaining, most people can't hit that in 2 months, just keep lifting and you'll get to 2 plate in no time.

Why do you care, you're going to be lifting from now on right? So you have all the time you need to improve.

I'm cutting fellas!!!

I'm starting to stall! It takes me a week to increase now...

To get higher lifts, duh
Do you really think someone could get a 135kg bench in two months?

also a normal place to stall

on the OHP try to bang out a few reps of 90-95 then go back to 70

>135 kg is he crazy

Oh you're just using retarded freedom units, I was scared.

That seems far too much

Honestly what I do now is:

I hit 3x3 or so and when I get 3x5 I increase by 5lbs. Then I do 3x3 again and so on. is this a good idea or nah?

160 bench press
110 ohp

Two months in.6'4'' 210 lbs.started at 240.

>tfw find out chest press machine isn't the same as a flat bench press
>can only do 10 bar lifts
it's also really shaky and I don't feel safe

Try push ups, user, since they work pretty much the same areas.
Once you can hit around 40 in a sitting, go back to the bench and see how you go

I can only do 2 pushups
I'm 197 84 kg

ur bench is good for 2 months of lifting. personally it took me 5 months to get there. ur OHP is a big lagging compared to ur bench but still not bad for 2 months. u have a better head start than many people and ur still bitching

OHP is lagging a bit*

If you're a big guy, aim for about 20-30 full ones.
Try doing negatives or knee push ups to build up, then once a week see how many more you can do.
Needless to say that losing weight will help you do more.

I was 79kg before I started working out and bulking
which was really low

I'm at the same lifts and time frame as you, 5'10" 180 lbs. I'm stalling too.

Difference is I'm not bitching and crying like a child denied a candy, I'm working to improve.

>friend of mine outbenched me having never trained before whilst i was several months in

came here to say thanks, knee push-ups actually burn my chest so I know it's working
have to buy something for my knees though as my carpet is rough
feels so bad that I see teens benching more than me
but I'll never give up
ill kill myself if I do

also, what do if my left arm is way weaker than my right one
I can barely do a 12kg curl on my left one while it's easy on my right one
I heard it straightens out as you lift?

135 bench is fine for getting girls and being aesthetic as long as you're tall, have a good face, and know how to talk to girls desu. Guys here have body dysmorphia.

t. Gril

will I get a gf?

>need to cut because I'm a fat fuck but I want to increase my numbers first

Noob gains gave me false hope :(

>why even fucking lift anymore???

Uh, so you could get better lifts, retard?

If you're taller than she is in her tallest heels, have a decent face, and can carry on simple enjoyable social conversation, there is no reason you shouldn't have a good looking girl if you want one. You'd be surprised how far just being a normal guy goes with us.

How do I get laid or get a fuck friend. I don't want to be trapped in the relationship hole.

Same thing, but be clear what you want without being too outwardly redpilled about it, and be good in bed the first time you have sex.

o-oh

I'm pretty tall but I don't know about the face or conversation honestly

How do I approach girls?

PS: we're often looking for the same thing you are but society tells us we shouldn't. So just don't beat us over the head with the fact that it is what it is. We're not stupid. We know exactly what it is. Doesn't mean we like having it pointed out needlessly.

I fucking hate it when people count the bar.

Get introduced. Meet people through people. Introduce people you know to other people you think they might like to meet. I introduced my bf's best friend (who is really into sports and sports history) to a girlfriend of mine whose dad own's a bar/grill. He rebranded it recently as a sports place with a bigger emphasis on the bar and he decked it out with TVs, signed jerseys, old sports gear, etc. So I invited my bf's friend to help do some work when they were working on the bar, he met my friend and they hit it off over sports crap or whatever, and now they've been together a few months. I'm pretty much exclusively a cardio bunny and I met my bf (a cardio hare, like a cardio bunny but a boy) through a mutual friend in the running community who puts on a big party at the 20 mile mark of a local marathon. He knew I was single, he knew my bf was single at the time, and when we won our age groups for the HM that day he made a point of introducing us at the after party. Stuff like that.

You count the weights on the bar? Please tell me you at least know the force of Gregory at the area you lift at. You're probably a high elevation fag not taking into account your weights aren't affected by the same gravitational force as mine.
I however live at a low elevation on top of a massive, dense, shield of iron ore which causes the weights I lift to mean more than yours. Now of course I don't blame you, a commoner for not knowing this.

What if I have no friends?

Not even joking, I don't have a single friend

Then I don't know how to help you. Do you have any interests? Any hobbies? Other than lifting? Or just lifting.

Go make some you dumb nigga.

You must have some interests other than jacking off and posting on a cuban cigar appreciation site

Yes I have lots of hobbies but they're all kind of individual

I posted them here before in a hobbies thread and everyone said they were autistic

I'm good at talking to people I guess but I just don't know how to get any further with it

I kind of get anxious and clear out my contact list every few months

I was gonna say give some examples of your hobbies but wow, you clear out your contacts list? Like, just 'cuz? I'm sorry honey but you may be beyond the help of someone who isn't certified, and I mean that literally. Go talk to someone, it's not as hopeless as it probably feels.

>tfw I started with the bar
>took me a year to get to 135lb 3 x 5 bench because benching felt unnatural

some one just end it all lads

yes actually that's how I got through my plateaus on OHP

it's just a hard lift no need to be hard on yourself user

I just don't meet people worth being friends with.

It feels like it's a waste of time when they don't better me as a person or really have anything to offer

Lay down a towel or put on your blowjob kneepads.

>Lay down a towel or put on your blowjob kneepads.

Who gives a fuck what numbers you lift? The only people who are going to care are the guys staring at you in the gym when they should be focusing on their own lifts, or losers on the internet who have nothing better to do than sit around comparing numbers. As soon as you walk outside the gym, no one will have a clue what your numbers are. Just do your best, lift as much as you can, and don't stress about it, man. Improvement will come with time.

>2116-100
>not counting your arms
this guy

You realize you fall into the same category, right?

From reading this thread I think you should just end it OP. You're terribly insecure and eventually you might have a breakdown then it's our taxes paying to keep you in the loony bin.

Don't do that to us.

I suppose so, which makes the friendship even more meaningless when neither party is benefitting