Is keto a meme?

Is keto a meme?

Not letting your body glucose to use as a fuel so it targets fats instead, via ignoring carbs and sugar out of your diet.

Why would you think that'd be a meme?

This is the body that calisthenics gives.

Steroids and photoshop actually.

Hey bro if you have any question you can ask me. I did keto for a while and have a degree in athletic medicine.

It worked really well for me, but it won' always work. Just like every other diet. There's a combination of genetics, biology, and environment that makes keto good for some people.

Good points, you aren't hunry. You loose weight fast. You get to eat tasty meats.

Negatives, it's hard af to stay on. You become a pain to deal with at restaurants or eating out. If you cheat your fucked. If you cheat on a regular diet you can make it up, if you cheap on keto you get kicked out of ketosis.

the meme part about it is that it doesn't lead to greater loss of body fat, so you're doing a whole bunch of effort to get the same result as a regular diet.

So the science is murky and I'm no ready to drop evidence right now on whether it helps loose more weight or not. But one of the big positives is that you eat a lot, feel full, and you have to cut out junk food. This leads to high compliance. I've stuffed my face in some meals on Keto and lost fat.

doesn't work if your diet is high protein

Yes
>science is murky
a calorie is a calorie

about the "feel full" factor: fibres and salads do pretty much the same (and are way healthier, since more than 177g whey-grade proteons/day is the last prudential protein toxicity level determined this year for a 80kg male individual)

it's a meme diet to help proudly american morbidly obese manatees to use only foods they're used to, since they would vomit if they smell a cauliflower or a broccoli and they did never really eat salads, or real whole grains
in that case the benefits (of letting people stick to a calorie deficit with this diet) outweighs the negatives
a proper education on diet (what to buy, how to buy, how to cook, how to read the ingredients, how to pick not refined foods) has a more long-lasting health benefits
I've seen some shit, like people melting some butter and then spreading it on salads along with some mayo

>degree in athletic medicine
>genetics
>loose weight fast
>loose
>u get those tasty meats
back to high school & please shut the fuck up

why shouldsomeone use keto when intermittend fasting exists?

seems so much healthier and easier?

Keto is good for megafats because it teaches them to count macros and think about insulin. Ideally it trains hamlords to use fibrous vegetables instead of pasta and bread as a companion to their meat platters, which can instill good habits in the long run.

IF is definitely some sort of fucking cheat code, I swear. Makes cutting EZPZ.

I can guarantee that you have not read anything related to ketosis ever and definitely never tried it yourself. It is okay to be skeptic but for fucks sake be at least minimally informed about the thing you're "debunking".

>a calorie is a calorie
Yep. You're not supposed to eat more cals during ketogenic diet than on a regular diet. It is just way easier to achieve that while in ketosis. Fibres and salads make you "feel full" for a couple of hours but during keto you have to fast 12+ hours to even feel hungry.

I tried it for 6 months. Nothing miraculous happened. I lost weight because I never felt hungry really. I didn't feel like eating more after a meal like I normally do nor did I get any cravings for shit food. Overall a success but the whole lifestyle is a pain in the ass to maintain unless you're 100% cocoon mode.

wtf is athletic medicine

sounds like a fuckin meme degree my man.

Depends on how you define meme.

But yeah, it works. It's the only way I'd get actual results.

I use it. I have to set alarms on my phone to remind me to eat since I'm never hungry when on it.

Not, I lost alot of fat through it

But can you still make gains on IF?

if you actually think keto is good for megafats then you're probably a retard t b h f a m p a i.

unless of course you think good progress is losing 15lbs of water weight followed by gaining 20lb the week they break and rebound.

I dont really see the point, its not hard to eat a calorie deficit on a balanced diet.

Im losing 2lb a week eating 2000kcal, i get 180g protein, 60g fat and rest in carbs.

Make sure to meet all micro nutrient requirements per day, eat green veg with all meals, a little bit of rice and the rest in eggs skimmed milk and various protein sources.

Shits easy, and even if you are hungry just deal with it and save a few hundred calories for night time so you dont go to bed hungry.

>I can guarantee that you have not read anything related to ketosis ever and definitely never tried it yourself. It is okay to be skeptic but for fucks sake be at least minimally informed about the thing you're "debunking".
I can't guarantee you don't know shit about how much I've read and I've read more than enough, thank you for posting yet another baseless butthurt post on this topic and for providing yet again zero arguments.
>fibres and salads make you "feel full" for [just] a couple of hours
no, educate yourself; fibres will not just have positive effects on your bowels, but will both have an antinutrient effect (effectively reducing your caloric absorption) and fibres in legumes have an higher "fullness factor" than meats like chicken breasts and even beef
>during keto you have to fast 12+ hours
and you feel like shit
it's not a sustainable diet in the long term and it's so much more proficient to move towards >a proper education on diet (what to buy, how to buy, how to cook, how to read the ingredients, how to pick not refined foods)
temporary self-perceived shortcuts will simply enable an easier "bouncing back" to the original weight. Anyone who's dieting for anything but being a try-hard with less than 12% bf or fighting his condition of morbidly obese manatee should steer clear of this meme.

I was on keto for about a year, without exercising. I went from 250 to 160. First off, I really wish I had started exercising earlier, muscle glycogen is actually a good chunk of what makes your muscles look big, when your body is on keto you use it up and it makes your muscles look smaller and also makes it harder to build muscle back up when you do eventually start going to the gym again.

The primary advantage to keto is that you just don't get hungry. It's great depending on your job, because I'll eat just a small lunch (usually either sausage and broccolli, or eat a big mac salad), and then be good to go without feeling bloated or anything from eating too much. If I eat at all, I got into a habit of skipping lunch if I had more work to do, lunch is mainly just something to do if I'm bored.

That being said, when I do get around to eating, I get to eat all the food I enjoy. I never had a sweet tooth, and although I do kind of miss pizza I love all of the food that I can eat while staying within my macros.

Everything else is kind of just side benefits. It made me a cheap drunk, which is great because I'll just drink a shot of whiskey on ice, play vidya for a while, and then drink another shot when I'm almost ready to go to bed and it knocks me right out. One bottle of whiskey lasts me two weeks even though I drink every other night.

Also, for years before I started keto, I had bad acid reflux. I just thought it was the way my body was, and I just ate Tums like they were candy. After the first couple of weeks of keto, I realized I had stopped eating Tums, and I have absolutely no acid reflux any more.

As for gains, I'm not sure yet, still trying to rework my macros to support going to the gym which I just started doing recently. Like I said above, really wish I had started going to the gym earlier.

>I went from 250 to 160

that was supposed to be pounds btw, in case that wasn't obvious.