Is "time under tension" a meme or does it actually influence muscle growth?

Is "time under tension" a meme or does it actually influence muscle growth?

maybe

possibly

Could be

It's probably 5 times more important than the weight.

It's probably 10 times less important than the weight.

Weight increase without time under tension leads to snap city.

Broscience at its best I've heard it's 6x more important than weight with a 2x multiplier added if correct rest between sets is observed.

stupid fuck, it's 7 times if the plates are not round.

My apologies. Do I need to take into account my Olympic lifting shoes? I usually adjust for +3 strength, +1 charisma & -1 perception.

10x0

Op did you know you don't even need to lift the weight, you can just hold it and you'll get huge!

>-1 perception.

gotta have that perception bro. How else are you gonna mire the glute brutes working them quads at the squat rack? You need the test boost.

this guy is a retard. You need 5x20 minimum for any compound.

>not putting it all into Luck
Maybe i set a new PR everyday, maybe i die

Anyways, that sort of training is fine for accessory work but I wouldn't even consider it in compounds until you have respectable lifts. And if you plateaued on compounds doing some 4x10, you'd probably want to bail on it.

I work every muscle group to failure and I've been doing it for a month or so and it hasn't failed me yet, my mum mired me on my progress.

Yes,isometric exercises are a thing but don't actually work as well as contracting the muscles under tension

what about in calisthenics? If I do 3x15 pullups I should probably add weight, but I was wondering if taking longer to complete the rep might have a similar effect (for size at least).

The negative phase is key for basically everything you're doing and should take twice as long as the positive portion. Taking longer to complete reps with full rom also takes away any momentum your body is relying on which increases blood-flow to the muscle and leads to more hypertrophy.

Switch to diamond pushups

>pullups
>switch to pushups

ayyy

anyway, I'm doing russian pushups now instead of regular plank pushups.

this is one of the few non troll posts in this thread

Legitimately maintaining solid form and good timing on a lift will lead to safer and more sustained gains over time.

I cringe every time I see someone divebomb a squat or bounce the bar off of their sternum on bench.

Shit read pushups. maybe try archer pullups?