How important is the bio availability of protein in a food source?

How important is the bio availability of protein in a food source?

I have been looking up and every site shows different statistics on the bio availability of different protein sources, i have seen soy protein range from 50% to 79% which either puts it on the same level of beans or chicken.

If you ate 200g of protein from a source with 60% bio availability opposed to 80% would it actually make any difference in terms of gains?

Who boils a t-bone?

Beef soup or casserole?

>he's never had a milk steak

Froendly reminder to activate your almonds daily. They will deactivate if not used within 18 hours.

touche

>pressure
>15lbs
>using imperial in itself

>How important is the bio availability of protein in a food source?
Not important. If you're on Veeky Forums asking this question it means you aren't advanced enough of a trainee to be worrying about something like protein bioavailability. Just eat your fuckin food, do your fuckin lifts, and keep it up.

I have been lifting 3.5 years and can pull 6plate, i want to focus on nutrition more and get the most out of my body.

Dolphin milk. Look into it.

Where can i purchase? It would be a bit strange if i just ran down to sea work with some suction cups and a jug.

There's a guy that sets up under the Kessock bridge. It's nutritional atom bomb.

Sweet will check it out.

But seriously does it matter in the slightest, i want to make sure i am getting my nutrition as good as i can get it. Feel like i have a lot left to gain natty and my diet has slowed me down a bit.

Bioavailability of your protein is really only a concern if you get over half your protein from plant sources. If you're not a vegcuck and eat your dairy, meat, and eggs and use things like legumes as higher protein carb sources, then you'll be fine.

Sure it will help but if you're going that far into it the results for keeping track of all that is pretty marginal.

I dont eat meat but eat dairy eggs and occasionally fish.

Fish is meat mang. But my point stands: if you're getting most your protein from animal sources and aren't doing something stupid like eating your eggs raw, then you don't need to worry about protein bioavailability. If you really feel like your diet is holding back your training, and you're already hitting your protein goals, then I'd recommend the following:

>make sure you're eating enough fat, because it's very important
>make sure you're hitting your micros. A good multi doesn't hurt if you don't take one already.
>eat more. If your diet is really holding you back then it's likely a matter of just not enough calories

Started tracking my micros to hit calories, i noticed i was low in iron levels so having to track that.

I think i do eat to low fat, i am cutting at the moment and aim for 60g a day at 2200 kcal.

Yeah, iron can be a tough one if you don't eat red meat. I would try plugging your diet into something like myfitnesspal for a week to see what your usual micro intake is like, and either introduce some additional foods or a supp to cover any gaps.

60g isn't terrible when cutting, but you're likely feeling like your training is suffering BECAUSE you're cutting. Cutting by its nature is essentially controlled starvation, so you're always going to feel kinda shitty from it. When I'm cuttjng, every workout feels like a struggle. It's a big reason why powerlifters just permabulk so they can always hit the gym with intensity.

I track my calories, and have started tracking micro nutrients.

Iron is not to bad a table spoon of hemp seed is 7mg, and RDA is 10mg for an adult male. For some reason myfitness pal is telling me to consume 100mg per day.

Its been a while since i last cut, shit sucks and want to make sure i do everything right so that i am in a better position for next years bulk and then maintain the nutritional discipline.

>bioavailibility
>biological value
Wtf does that image even mean? Biological "value" is made up, unless they have defined it in their study. Look, cooking food makes it easier to digest and disinfects it. There's lots of adaptive reasons to cook your food, idk what you're thinking of