Is depression real?

Is depression real?

Yes

yes
but most people who claim to be depressed have no idea what it's really like

yes, when i had it i wanted to die and as i recently got myself out of it i can tell you nothing seem to matter to me anymore

absolutely not. check em

yeah but everyone is claiming to have it nowadays. Most people just have brainfog for a short period. Real depression makes people want to kill themselfes

yea but teenage girls who need attention pretend to be depressed

I understand how people can pretend to have it, but how do you tell if someone actually suffers from depression?

isolation

I checked and man you are bad in math

Please elaborate a bit more.

I mean, whats the difference between a depressed person in isolation and an introvert who just prefers it?

Yes it is a condition for us spoiled first worlders who are doing jack shit every day.

nah man, its all in your head

not the same guy but, my grandma was recently diagnosed with depression. she isolated herself after all her brothers died and she lost a lot of weight, now she's on meds.

My height is depressing.

Yeah man I got really depressed after I quit doing drugs, was on that shit since 15. I isolated myself for years. Tried to off myself, kept thinking about the things I did. It's funny how when you're high you can find your mother dead and not give a shit but when you are sober that shit makes you cry sometimes just thinking about it.

It's very real. The causes can be from stressors in life, chemical imbalances or substance abuse.

The best way to tell if you're depressed like anything else is the symptoms. Decreased libido, insomnia, lethargy, anorexia nervosa or in some cases binge eating, etc etc etc

Depression sucks and if you can't pull yourself out of it on your own, it's worth a shot talking to a doctor because meds can help.

Yes, absolutely.
It's a spectrum though. Some people can't get out of bed while other people can function but feel hollow. Lows and highs are different for everyone.

With that being said, there's a difference between feeling depressed, when you're going going through a tough time, and clinical depression. I've felt both, I have a blank memory of about two years because I was just going to school and sleeping. It's a tough cycle to break, but it can be broken.

I'm sorry user, I hope you find some peace. It may always hurt but it will get easier to deal with the pain.

Fucking cuck
Why do you think 3rd worlders exist? Because they're lazy, dumb shits who do jack shit all day.

Not really Tbh

yes, I've been dealing with it for 10+ years.

I suffer with bipolar and when I go into a depression it does suck, So yes depression is a real thing.

But on a side note when I sink deep enough it liberates me. In my mind my life is over, so it gives me the "I really don't give a fuck anymore. I am dead anyway" motivation to have the most fun in my life.

Wouldn't that just be when the mania sets in?

The motivation of depression and mania are different.
Depression motivation for me I can control the energy and focus. Like just go snowboarding within 48 hours of hitting rock bottom etc.
When I am manic I never know until iv'e slept with half the people in my area and lost all my money.

No, we are all sad((((''depressed'')))) because there isn't a disposal of real lolis for all for us

It sure feels like it

It's not a real dinctinct and unified disease, but it does describe a cluster of symptoms.
But I hate nothing more than people who make excuses for their misery and loneliness because they believe they have some debilitating condition.

Depression is a result of 1st world living. Its a spoiled thing to say but I feel its true. This is my opinion though. I imagine people in legitimatelyshitty situations in 3rd world countries don't have the time to overthink things and become depressed. I'm actually diagnosed with depression and am 21 and have had it since 14 as well as anxiety and Body Dysmorphic Disorder. And depression doesn't necessarily mean suicidal thoughts. Plenty of people have actual depression without feeling suicidal. I'm weirdly pessimistic in that I'd hate myself if I stooped low enough to consider suicide.

I think its real but you can beat it.

My parents don't believe in depression. And everytime I type or say or think about the word "depression" I cringe because I always think that people associate depression with being a pussy that can't handle life. My parents both grew up on farms and so they would harp everyday about how hard work is important and they would always find some way to relate it to my brother and I. They would constantly compare our lives and say how if they were given the opportunities they were given then they would be doing much better than we are. I'm currently at a top 5 public university in the u.s. but my grades have been suffering because of my issues.

I've been diagnosed as clinically depressed by a psychiatrist and I've been taking meds for a couple of months and going to therapy. And it has helped some.

When I think "depressed", I think of not wanting to do anything but stay in bed and sleep because you don't want to wake up because you hate your life and dont feel motivated enough to improve it. Or stare at the ceiling thinking about all the happiness you could have if you fixed your life, but you always have this feeling in your stomach that says none of that matters because you will always fail and nothing will change.

Used to cry myself to sleep in middle school because of bullies and not having friends. Also had an "inappropriate sexual encounter" when I was 12 that attributed to my "depression". I basically held it inside for 7 or 8 years and it festered and hurt and i thought telling my parents about it would help but it didnt. And i was wrong. And i shouldnt have told them i was depressed.

I think the truth is that im weak-willed and I'll never be the person my parents or I want me to be. But part of me says fuck that, I can do it on my own since I've been alone for so long and dealing with this bullshit for almost 10 fucking years. I was too pussy to kill myself in middle school so might as well not live a shitty life.

I blog posted. Sorry.

>apologizing for posting on an anonymous chinese cartoon forum
I think this is where your problem lies brotherino

probably right

It actually is.
The sad part is that a depressed person usually doesn't look like it.

Your life just passes with next to no awareness about time, weeks and even months go by faster than a day if you lived normally.
You'd rather get shot in the head on the spot then go eat, drink, or breath. Although most people think they've given up completely till their life is about to come to a end and realize they were fooling themselves.