Started lifting a week ago

>started lifting a week ago
>bench is only 60 lbs

Is this bad? Can Chads automatically bench 2pl8 without working out a day in their life?

Why do you care?

Your job is to pick up the weight and put it down.

Why do you let a hunk of cold metal on the floor project some kind of value upon you as a person?

60 lbs is what it is user. Don't worry about what anyone else is doing and focus on your own progression.

WOAH

but i want to know if i'm genetically inferior

i could never do push ups or pull ups in grade school either

Woah man.
You should be like one of those motivational speakers or something.

Nigger, worrying about it won't make the weight get up the floor.

Your thoughts and actions are a spook of the mind.
You made this thread to look for sympathy, to read a post that would make you feel better about yourself.
Understand that, and destroy that weakness within yourself.

Stop being a slave to your emotions my man.

thank you

keep lifting and one day you'll be big and strong and can bench 145lbs like me

Not even that bad, especially if you're a skeleton

nobody benches 2pl8 without a past of frequent resistance training

even the chads started off with shit weight

I see guys who are 6ft 4, 220lbs come into the gym thinking they are hot shit, but they cant do much more than 60kgs because there mass is just fat

You're within one standard deviation of the mean for a male benching for the first time. Now shut up and lift.

Don't worry. I started with 35 kg two months ago. Now I do 60 kg. You will get strong fast. Just eat and sleep and let the noobgains do the work.

The most important thing you need to understand on the path of self improvement is that your mind generates destructive thoughts and emotions that steer you off the path.
The most important thing you need to master is to identify and reject them.

Do not argue with the thought or contemplate it, just send it straight in the trash can.

>"Oh no, these people are looking at my weak-ass lifts, what will they think about me"
To contemplate that thought and try and reason yourself into feeling better is a mistake.

You need to just say to yourself "aha, it's a spook of the mind" and flush it down the toilet.

Spooks are irrational and meaningless, thinking about them, acknowledging them, giving them any attention is also meaningless.

If you're not trolling, then just keep going.

Remember that if you stop improving yourself, however miniscule, you will never get better.

Counting the bar?

thank you based stirner

no , two 30lb weights on each side

a-am i supposed to count the bar?

Don't worry about lifting heavy m8

I used to think I'm weak but then I joined a Muay Thai gym. Lifting heavy doesn't necessarily mean you're tough. Besides, women probably like a fighter body than a big guy body.

But its whatever you want. There are many paths in fitness

Nigger. That's 60 a side so 120 plus 45
So 165 you dummy

keeeeeeek.
Yes, user, you're supposed to count the bar. So you're actually benching 105 lbs. Keep going, keep pushing yourself every day in the gym even if you only add 2.5 or 5 lbs to the weight each time you do it. You'll hit lmao2pl8 eventually.

your advice is sound but stirner is cringy desu

Nigger, that's 30 a side.
Two thirty's on each side = 105. It's newbie weight for sure, but it's not pathetic tier newbie weight. He's not benching 165 first time in gym, his dyel chest and arms would collapse on itself unless he weighs like 400 lbs of muscle fat.

my very first bench was 1pl8

oh lol

is that good for a beginner?

I mean, I started at lmao1pl8 because before I weight lifted when I was 16 I was actually in shape from sports and constant bodyweight exercises. But 105 is average for someone who's never lifted before. Way better than putting a 5 and 2.5 lb weight on the ends of the bar to make it 60 lbs lol. My gf who I go to the gym with only benches like 85 lbs after a month, but grill strength.

don't worry, i started with 1pl8 in bench even if i could dip 3 plates for 6-7 reps

it's just bench is a very unnatural move

I started at the bar and my last tested 1rm was 325. You'll be fine.

dips with 3 plates for 6,7 reps and only bench 1pl8
>r u having a giggle mate?

thanks bro, i have anxiety problems and this is going to help a lot.

You aren't blessed, you were given less. The universe is random and illusory. Deal with what you have.

Wait, are you seriously supposed to count the bar? I've never done this. Do most people do this? If so, it would explain quite a bit.

It's okay brah. You'll make it.

I started at 55 lbs and am now at 95 after 5 weeks.

Hoping to get to lmao 1pl8 in the next 2 months.

yes everyone counts the bar

2 30s on EACH side, learn how to read.
That is 60 PER SIDE, 120 total, plus 45 from the bar.

Fucking tard.

>start at the gym
>can only lift the bar
>hey bro how much can you lift
>I lift 0

Fucken retard

>a chad who has never worked out

wtf

silly user, chad eats PIZZA while you LIFT WEIGHTS

You're fine! I know everyone says it, but:

You gotta start somewhere.

>Is this bad? Can Chads automatically bench 2pl8 without working out a day in their life?

No not at all. Chads have been lifting (especially things like bench pressing) since they were 13-14.

Holy shit. I feel so stupid but it's a good kind of stupid. I'm stronger than I thought. I've had the goal of benching my body weight before the end of the year and I didn't think I was going to be able to do it but now I feel like I definitely can. Thanks, Veeky Forums!

Since you posted this, there's proof that you are. KYS. Have a nice day.

First you're not benching 60, you're benching 165. 60 on both sides+45 for the bar (yes you count the bar no one irl doesn't, not counting it is a meme). Also that is better than what I started out on which was literally just the bar. I was hungry skeleton mode, two years later I'm deadlifting 5pl8s. We're all gonna make it user.

Just to clarify, how many plates total are you lifting?

Some are thinking you mean two 30 pound plates on each side of the bar, ie: 4 plates total while others think one 30 on each side, ie 2 plates total.

Either way it's not 60 pounds though, haha.

i'm not joking

maybe i could push myself harder with the bench, i could try a rep with 80 kg, but i feel a twingle in my shoulder so i didn't wanted to get more weight in the first day

i could get 225lb in two months though

man, i couldn't do chin ups in high school and now i can do weighted pull ups with 35kg for 6 reps at 65kg bodyweight

we all gonna make it

I'm not OP

3 plate dips is interdimate level.
It takes years of lifting.
Cut the crap faggot.

yes, i was a year and half only doing weighted dips and weighted pull ups before going for the first time to the gym

3 of 20kg plates on a weight belt plus body weight =/= a 20kg barbell with three 20kg plates per side

I can already tell you will never make it

kinda funny actually because i have big triceps and delts but literally 0 chest, like skinny-fat tier chest

Nobody that just started lifting can do dips bw + 60kg for a single rep let alone 6-7 reps.

i benched 50kg my first day. just eat and train faggot

60lbs is fine. Especially if you are on a small frame, don't weigh very much and have no muscle. No one walks in completely untrained and benches 2pl8.
Eat, Lift with regularity, Eat and sleep.
You will grow and get stronger.

I benched 80kg for reps the first time I walked into the gym but I was a fat fuck and had done some pushups before getting a gym membership

My max was right about 200 when I started. A good friend of mine couldn't bench 95lbs when I got him into the gym.

He's stuck with it, and I've been inconsistent. He now outbenches me (335 last I checked)

So don't be a faggot and keep lifting

>but i want to know if i'm genetically inferior
Yes, you should have already know this.

And no, gymceling won't save your life and help you lose your virginity either, before you ask.

However, you might come to like it anyway and it'll help you find peace with your subhumanity.

60 pounds is literally pathetic tier for a man. Its all good though. My best friend started lifting with me around a year ago and couldnt bench more than 65 when starting.. Now he benches 155 for reps (not a lot I know but a huge improvement for him).

Depends on your background DESU. A farmers kid is going to be stronger than a shutin skeleton by default because one does more than the other. If you are doing your novice program right you should catch up to most post highschool men in six months.

He said 2 plates on each side already, just learn how to fucking read.

I could do 100 in the very beginning. Shit, son.

5,7 manlet here
I benched 1pl8 first day.

Not OP but thats give me some perspective on a few things for me that don't concern lifting.

Thanks user.

Its easier to bench with shorter arms.