/plg/ Powerlifting General

Powerlifting General

No talent Chads allowed.
If you lift on easy mode get the FUCK out.
That means you Alex, Phil and Virtus.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/10gSl7pGOS2sQ8hUW7660Pdk6rAKrpHuBy2SRHRzT2lE/pub
youtube.com/watch?v=5vqvAqPiLBA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=u-jjLiQH9xg
youtube.com/watch?v=wBG-63eR2pY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My back ith broke

Sit on the ground, right leg at an angle. Throw your left ankle over your right knee and dig around in your left glute. If you've never done it, it should be pretty painful. Repeat with the other side. Once or twice a day should have you in pretty good shape in not too long.

I've personally found that with persistence these movements no longer are painful and instead beneficial.
Another example being dumbbell flies.

My Completely personal experience though.

nth for Sheiko is the final program

nah i didn't train for this meet, i train maybe 2-3 weeks. i just got done burying my dead brother, knut. i dedicate this meet to him

[Filip getting pumped]
I'm the best ever, I'm most brutal and vicious champion theres ever been, no one can stop me. Gullander is a conquerer? no i'm alexander, there's no one better than me. I'm the best, cut from their cloth

my squat is impetuous, my deadlift is impregnible i will tear his heart out, i want to eat his children

>4x30 rehab squat work
>I'm gassy
Send help

Is this correct?

Thanks. I'll definitely try it. My glutes and hips are definitely not in ideal shape, so it'll probably help with something.

Very true. Always exhaust the easiest options before moving up the ladder.

>iktfb
Doing 4x12 slow squats right now, and it's awful even with babby-weight.

I'll hug you till you love me, friend

Yes and not just for powerlifting either.

Does powerlifting last forever?

Have you ever met OHubb or Screamer irl? they seem like good lads.

no it is much more complicated than that.

Does that mean theoretically a novice could screw themselves over and drastically diminish their natural potential by starting on a high volume program? This makes it sound like once you get on a high volume program and stop making gains on it, you've exhausted your genetic potential.

>home alone
>taking a shit
>on plg on my phone
>house is pitch black
>hear someone walking around my home

Good bye lads

Its just your mommy don't worry child

'no'

Mike T talks a lot about what he calls restoration blocks. Low intensity, low specificity and slightly higher volume blocks where the comp lifts are gotten away from and you do bodybuilding work to a) let nagging injuries heal and b) re-sensitize yourself to heavy sport specific training

of course, he's not the first person to posit this but he does cover it pretty well in some of his yt vids. see: the last weeks of project momentum for an example

Why does mommy have no face
Why is mommy screaming
Why is mommy hurting me

theres literally no proof that this is a thing. You want to know how to increase volume without changing a program? You increase weight. Since this was made by izzy for sheiko, you want to know how to increase weight on Sheiko? You do a cycle of Sheiko and get stronger.

>see: the last weeks of project momentum for an example
docs.google.com/document/d/10gSl7pGOS2sQ8hUW7660Pdk6rAKrpHuBy2SRHRzT2lE/pub

So if restoration blocks work, why not just try to do as much volume as your recovery and will power allow to get maximum gains, and take deload time when necessary?

because simply going full bore 24/7 isn't effective long term

again, Mike T has some good vids on this entitled : "the importance of low stress weeks" + "the importance of high stress weeks"

Please put a PTSD tag before linking this next time thank you.

>snatch grip sldl, x11 @6, x11 @7, x11 @8 plus 4 down sets (repeat)

WAKE ME UP

youtube.com/watch?v=5vqvAqPiLBA

watch this and remember it when people meme >form at you

if it sounds retarded, thats because it is. the human body isn't an MMO where you have to plan out its lifetime progression. If you lift more, you will eventually get stronger. In theory, the slope of your progression will never hit zero, it will just go beyond the scope of your lifetime

What are you lads going as for halloween to show off your gains?

>gains

wrong thread

the incredible bulk :(

if you fell for the powerlifters cant look good meme then you are dum

I'm so sick of always getting back pain after squatting and overhead pressing. How can I keep my spine neutral under pressure? Bracing with and without belt doesn't help.

>he fell for the powerlifters can look good meme

Thanks, user.
I appreciate it.

Just found this.

Apparently protein intake is strongly correlated to LBM even at ranges above 3g/kg.

Ive been avoiding the protein powder meme for a while, but apparently I should hop on, because there's no way I can even afford, let alone eat, all the meat I would need to reach those numbers.

What are your favorite brands?
What other sources of high protein are there besides meat? Do I have to start eating cottage cheese?

Elementary school shooting lads. Sam Hyde can't keep getting away with this.

>tfw you will never be as strong, handsome, and successful as twink alex
Did I mention he's also a genius and rich?

Another chart

So, basically, if i start doing Sheiko right now as an intermediate my gains won't be short-circuted as Izzy says?

Protein powder isn't a meme its just a cheap source of protein relative to the cost of meat

Did you literally stop reading the post when you reached that line?

You've heard of the Spotoshot method 2.0
You've heard of the HIRAM method 2.0

Today i will bring you the STRENGTH SHOP ZEUS BALLISTA METHOD 2.000

Yes, that's as retarded an idea as all the "you must LP or you miss your natty gains" memeing

>when the barberman got u lookin fresh as fucc

ikt exact f from today

>Hiram is a coeducational liberal arts college of about 1300 men and women located in the historic Western Reserve region of Ohio.
K

But is this really correct i mean look at this chart!?

Yes, it was obviously a shit post at that point

Yes, both are. Owen is odd though, he's a rugby chad through and through. Well, he's not odd, it's odd for powerlifters though

You have to bench 200kg as fast as possible. Starting at the bar.

What does your training history look like?

Let's say you bench 60kg max.
If you unracked 100kg brought the bar 1cm down then pressed it for let's say a set of 5.
Then come back the next day and do the same, but bring the back 2cm down then pres it.

And keep repeating this every day until you touch the chest.
Would you add 40kg to your bench in 20-30 days?

It wasn't and youre obviously retarded and dont understand what a meme is.

Huge blast
Bench 5x/week and do a lot of bodybuilding

pls record yourself doing this

A chart with no labels on the x and y, or studies behind it? A chart that was probably made up on the spot to demonstrate an idea?

Is that what it takes to confirm your beliefs now?

I'm scared I might die

Someone other than the user with zero reading comprehension help out, please

Potentially, might work better with smaller and smaller boards.

Progressive ROM is an established training tool.

no. Sheiko puts new athletes on his 3 day program a couple months into lifting

Protein powder isn't a meme its just a cheap source of protein relative to the cost of meat

My max bench is somewhere between like 80-90kg. Should I try it?
Downside is I bench alone.

That's not necessary, do you disagree with what the chart says? As you add volume you get stronger but at a slower rate. The point is the text: Is it true that if you just do super high volume programs like Sheiko, you will get stronger short term but theen you won't be able to get any more gains without doing even more volume so you get less total gains. This makes absolutely no sensee, but this is a serious source referencing practical programing 3e as its source. This makes no sense, absolutely no sense, but judging by it Sheiko should only be run late late late so you don't short-circuit your ability to get stronger.

Speaking of this, do I need to get optimum or is that just jew powder and walmart brand is just as good?

luckily there are sheiko programs with very little volume that so you can progress from beginner to 450+wilks

So doing super-high-volume from the get go means i will gains goblin myself?

yes but I don't understand how someone new would be able to handle the volume on something like phil is doing, they would eventually fail sets because their work capacity isn't high enough

they would also fail sets because they recover from the volume either

No, for the last fucking time. You increase the volume you do anyway because you increase the weight. You can run Sheiko forever until the end of time

But it doesn't include things like repeated bouts effect, or periodization, or anything else that could potentially resensitize your body to high volume work.

It's incredibly oversimplified. Yes the general concept of asymptotically approaching MRV and related gains is true on a general level. But to then take that and assume doing more volume earlier in your training career shortens this curve is ridiculous at best.

Honestly it's fucking retarded, you couldn't pay someone to find you a person who could exemplify this concept. They simply don't exist.

O-ok no need to scream at me thanks for the advice

nice

So how do i actually do Sheiko? And especially, how do i do it as an intermediate?

At least three times a week with two higher volume days and one heavier day, plenty of chest and triceps work, enough curls and pulls to avoid injury. And gain weight.

get the app, insert numbers, lift

You absolutely cannot run the same program over and over till you die and make gains on it.

Find the spreadsheets and just get to it Tbh

Can I run sheiko forever or do I need to take breaks? What i'm asking is is it too high intensity to run indefinetely?

In terms of injury *

Top kek. Kill yourself desu

this is pretty much the idea of benching which a piece of wood on your chest

Interastan

What is the reason for plg having these gaps of no posts?
It's been happening very frequently.

summer is over, sean is gone

What is a sean?

I don't like it

makes me realise how little I have going on in my life besides lifting, and insulting tripfags on here that I know better than my own mother, while they've never even talked to me once

weird feeling but I know it... I know it

Rich successful guy who sometimes comes on here and triggers and baits poorfags
Poorfags such as unsuccessfully try to counter it by making up lies about him despite all the evidence he posts to contradict it

m.youtube.com/watch?v=u-jjLiQH9xg

Hey fampai,

Deadlifts are feeling really great gone from youtube.com/watch?v=wBG-63eR2pY this shit rep at 200kg.

To video related at 220kg and still 4 weeks out from skills test.

use a legal belt and get back to us

>tfw ripped two calluses open today when doing block pulls
blood sweat and tears for Boris, lads

What are you go to black magic lifts that make everything just feel good?
Mine are planks and dumbbell flies.

Had a good, quick high intensity low volume workout because I was in a rush, 5pl8 4x4 deadlift felt pretty good. Met two really fucking funny dudes there that were loud as fuck. They were squatting 3pl8 5x5 so they were normie strong. Good times

Ohp feels breddy gud on my shoulders

>Tfw lower body still isn't normie strong
;-;

What else did you do besides deads?

killing myself

Your life is so sad. I'm sorry you're so weak since the injury man. It will get better.

Alex - injured
Boardshorts - injured
Virtus - injured
Philorio - injured

It feels good to be a talent cuck

Well the bench was broken so I did some ohp, just two fahves, also squat 3x3@405
Rows
Curls.
What's up next for you?