Does anyone on Veeky Forums participate in martial arts?

Does anyone on Veeky Forums participate in martial arts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YiE7MoZXzOc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes

I see. Cool!

Serious question though. Who is the girl on the left?

that gave me a boner

Martial Arts is probably one of the best ways to WASTE your time and money. You would be infinitely better off with 1 month of boxing/kickboxing/muay thai than 2 years of practically ANY martial art. I have been a student in a handful of dojos and seriously, it's a fucking joke.

>boxing/kickboxing/muay thai
>not a martial art

BJJ blue belt, wrestling, a little boxing. Shits fun but takes a lot of time and makes you rely on other people.

I don't get the urge to train MA nearly as much as I used to. I mostly only lift and jog now.

You're right. Because THATS what he probably meant by martial art. No one ever refers to any of those three practices as martial arts. Nice try though!

Did you prefer BJJ or wrestling?

its always down to the gym you go to ive been to boxing clubs/gyms just as bad as McDojo bullshit martial arts. a half decent muay thai or ju jitsu place is worth anyone's time.

I started with boxing, then kickboxing which helped me lose weight and ive done muay thai and ju jitsu and mma on and off over the years. recently done catch wrestling too.

You're not the only one

fucking kek. everyone refers to them as martial arts.

what you are talking about is traditional martial arts which are mostly shit fighting techniques, with some exceptions.

taekwondo and karate having some decent stuff to them.

My kickboxing instructor refers to kickboxing as a martial art.

Also from the wiki:
>Although the term martial art has become associated with the fighting arts of eastern Asia, it originally referred to the combat systems of Europe as early as the 1550s. The term is derived from Latin, and means "arts of Mars", the Roman god of war. Some authors have argued that fighting arts or fighting systems would be more appropriate on the basis that many martial arts were never "martial" in the sense of being used or created by professional warriors.

Fair enough. I retract most of my previous statement.

I have two bros who are massive as fuck, have been on gear for years and compete but refuse to get involved with judo or kickboxing because they consider any cardio at all cancer.

Their attitude is basically that they'd rather get swole and ward off attackers by intimidation/posturing rather than risk fucking their bodies up at the price of learning techniques that would be useful in a fight

after figuring out that I've been mcdojo'd om not sure anymore. luckily it's been less than a year instead of 10+ years down the road and then figuring it out.

>taekwondo brown belt in hs
>started doing it because some kid started fucking with me freshman year
>junior year
>still fucking with me
>he doesn't know I have a secret
>stand up and face him
>can feel my ki or whatever building
>stare him down
>adrenaline is pumping
>I'm hard
>ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
>hit him with a chair

Martial arts are fun and can be intimidating, but if you're fighting for self defence, fight like a cornered animal.

MacKenzie Dern

youtube.com/watch?v=YiE7MoZXzOc

irony in this are dudes who took (or even taught) shit like TKD and LinDo and have no choice but to shit on it

They're smart.
Martial arts are mostly for fun. Secondly for health, thirdly for aesthetics and only then for self defense.
Because no grown-ass man gets into fights these days. If you get into a fight with someone you know well enough that you know he isn't dangerous, then you're still a teenager. If you get into fights with random strangers in bars you're just waiting for someone to pull a knife when they're losing, or get gang-raped by his niggas after you beat the shit out of them.

Nice embed, as for martial arts OP, I'm doing sambo for a couple of years now. Can really recommend it, especially systema. It's scientific brawling with shitton of body locks

>Martial Arts is probably one of the best ways to WASTE your time and money. You would be infinitely better off with 1 month of martial art/martial art/martial art than 2 years of practically ANY martial art.

>brown belt in taekwondo
>not upholding the tenets of taekwondo

faggot

Purple belt in BJJ, started when I was 15. I would try going pro if I didn't enjoy school

Judoka checking in.
>I lift people up
>and put people down
>with force
I lift three days a week, judo twice a week, bjj once a week, open mat once a week. Need to cut about 15 pounds before the next competition.

Off topic, but Mackenzie Dern's boyfriend (pic related on the left) is the king of manlets, proving that height to get girls is just a meme.

BJJ. More aspects to it, whereas wrestling is slightly simpler/more perfection of basics.

I just started judo. It sort of scares me because I bruise easily but I can't get enough of it.

Pic related is after my 2nd or 3rd class, did tai otoshi like idk, 40 times and got thrown another 60

Judoka brown belt checking in, I only get bruises when I work with white belts. It has gotten to the point where my wife can tell me what the white belt is doing wrong just by my bruises.
I can say that your Tai needs some work if you are bruised like that.

Jujitsu is more useful 1 on 1 than any other martial art, including boxing/ muay Thai

>tfw this is my dream

Did tae kwon do till black belt and dropped, now i do bjj twice a week

What kinda wrong things? Slamming too hard or what?

Is that the outside or the inside leg that is bruised?