I know Monster Ultra is the meme drink around here (which is funny for me because I haven't been on fit in a long...

I know Monster Ultra is the meme drink around here (which is funny for me because I haven't been on fit in a long, long time and independently of memes have been drinking Ultra since I first saw it, haha, so seeing it here made me chuckle) but does anyone else drink way to much Diet Coke?

An ice cold DC truly is a delicious thing. Especially with ice.

Also 'it makes you just as fat as regular coke' is such a stupid thing I can't even begin to comprehend how people believe it to be true. Now I'm not saying it's not bad for you in some way; I'm saying it doesn't make you fat (especially compared to normal coke).

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencebasedmedicine.org/aspartame-truth-vs-fiction/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I drink this shit everyday and have not been able to quit. I quit smoking cigarettes and weed. I quit eating fast food. I quit drinking for awhile. I tried quiting the DC but failed after day 3. DC is always there, calling my name like some siren of the sea calling me to the depths of the ocean. If you aren't already addicted stay the fuck away.

I'm addicted as fuck and probably drink a 12 pack a day, but I've been on a -1000 cut for 6 weeks and it doesn't affect me at all.

The same kind of person who thinks aspartame causes cancer thinks wi-fi causes cancer.

It's zero (0) calories. End of discussion. Sure it's not as good as water, but caffeine has been shown to have some health benefits too.

You people are disgusting, just like any soda.

old friend used to drink so much of this shit. loved it ice cold. think he drinks regular coke now because the aspartame in DC used to give him headaches.

OP here, I am in the same boat as you lads. There must be something about it that is literally addicting. Or maybe it's just that it is delicious, doesn't make me fat, and all of my furious researching seems to show that all the scare-stuff is almost certainly bullshit.

I know exactly what you mean. I just am not sure it's such a bad vice really. I think it just SEEMS like a terrible vice when really in the end (after much research like I said) it is essentially delicious, caffeinated, water (with probably/maybe some minor adverse health effects).

Do you consider the long term damage of exposing your body to all those chemicals?
>What is making me addicted
>Certainly not the chemicals if anything
>0 cals and I feel great, what's not to like?
>What is long term? I only understand direct damage or pain

Keep pouring

I understand as much as reading peer-reviewed journal articles and stuff can let me know. Other then that, no. But I have to make my choices on something and peer-reviewed evidence pointing towards it not being very bad for you Vs. people just thinking 'it's bad for you' because 'chemicals'; well, the former makes more sense to me.

sciencebasedmedicine.org/aspartame-truth-vs-fiction/

My father worked for coke and had a bad soda addiction. He eventually went to diet sodas when he was gaining too much weight. He came down with lymphoma a couple years ago and swears it was caused by the diet coke. I won't tell him otherwise because he beat the shit out of the cancer but still he hounds me for drinking so much of it. He had almost 20 years of diet coke drinking under his belt so that scares me. Otherwise it's a great treat and appetite suppressant. For you DC addicts, go get a 64 ounce cup full of DC from 711 or something. I would pound 3 of those a day when I was 18 or 19. I'm not sure it did anything to me other than give me shitty skin complexion.

Sorry about your Dad user, but good to hear he beat it in the end.

>DoubleGulps of DC

Truly magnificent.

Thanks bro. It really wasnt. I felt like I had sludge in my veins and it was terrible for my skin. I've since gone down to one super big gulp twice a week and when I'm hung over. My roommates caught onto the magic of DC and keep two liters around so I usually have some once the days done. Either way if you love DC make sure to drink double that in water. I would say triple that but that might be going overboard.

howd he beat it? congrats

>beat blood cancer

This board is falling apart at the seams.

His treatments worked right away. It was scary because there weren't any signs he was sick until he went missing for a few days breaking bad style. When he came home he didn't know what was going on. He wouldn't go to the hospital, and we finally forced him to when he couldn't get out of bed for a couple days. They found 3 tumors the size of walnuts clustered around his spinal cord near the back of his neck. After just half of the recommended treatments he was cleared of the cancer. Tbqh I don't remember exactly what kind of cancer it was but lymphoma sounds like the one he had. It was the curable kind and that's what matters. After the cancer he swore off any soda and d started going to church every sunday. He gained all of his weight back but he'll never be the same. I don't think it was the soda that did it to him but his work environment. He worked machine maintenance and after was a mechanic at Cadillac.

I'm glad he's still with us but i miss thean he was before he was sick. He was the epitome of what a man should be and now he's content with barely making his rent and supporting his second family that's full of deadbeats. I offered to move him to my home but I won't take his worthless gf or her daughters who won't lift a finger to help him financially.

>beat the shit out of lymphoma
Everyone dies from blood cancer eventually

> drinking diet coke
> not drinking pic related

>Everyone dies eventually

> thinking any drink besides water is actually 0cals

In countries where they don't round, Diet coke is 2cals a can
> inb4 hurr durr 12 cals isn't enough to affect a diet
I know, it's not. But just pointing out facts

Every once in a while I'll have one but it's not even remotely the same thing. DC is an ambrosia all to itself.

diet dr p is a life saver when on really low carbs, but otherwise i just drink crystal lite if I need some flavor. Always coffee or good tea for caffiene.

Sorry senpai, my quads don't lie

Cannot stand the taste of diet. But could knock back zero all day

I think I read here on fit that
> Diet Coke = New Coke
> Coke Zero = Coke Classic

Diet Coke is it's own distinct flavor while Coke Zero is a (very good) effort to taste as much like regular Coke as possible.

So if you are a Coke fan looking to just not drink sugar then Coke Zero is probably best; but being a DC fan is something individual. I would rather have a DC then a regular coke even if they were exactly the same calories and such.

> first Monster shilling
> and now this

Fuuuck. Gonna grab a 2L of diet coke while I'm out today, so i can see if you're a faggot or not

My grandma I shit you not will call me in the middle of an important meeting interview whatever, in the middle of class or work, just to ask me to get her another 24 pack of this shit. I don't get why there's such a craze over it. It's probably her go to now that she doesn't smoke anymore. She's 83 and has smoked since she was 13 so maybe she just had to channel her addiction

>which is funny for me because I haven't been on fit in a long, long time and independently of memes have been drinking Ultra since I first saw it, haha, so seeing it here made me chuckle
either hugh mungus faggot or 11/10 bait

I cant imagine how terridbad your teeth are.

I drank this for a few years and it flipped my vision 180

I get more of a caffeine boost from a can of DC compared to black coffee. I drink coffee for the taste and DC for the caffeine. Is this how it is for anyone else?

My teeth are fine. I bet everyone else in this thread also has fine teeth.

Life long DC drinker here. Teeth are straight as fuck but my bottom teeth have a tint to them. I'm a smoker as well. Weed every day tobacco when I'm stressed out. I brush every day and have never had a cavity. BTW I'm not cool for smoking weed it's just not a big deal here in so cal. Fuckers smoke it on campus.