BJJ/Boxing

Have time to get serious with BJJ or Boxing, but not both.

Which is better: master BJJ with moderate boxing skill og master boxing with moderate BJJ skill?

You can choke a motherfucker with bjj

imo boxing with a bit of bjj. At the off chance you get into a street fight it'd be awkward to ask the other dude if he could lie down to roll.

I feel like bjj fundamentals are easier to learn than boxing, I'd rather learn boxing and become more self taught for bjj.

going into bjj around 175 5'11. Got 20 lbs to loose and ima go ham.

with stuff online and a home setup you can practice boxing and striking at home with occasional follow ups at a class whereas BJJ youll need to get balls deep in obviously alot harder to practice without training it with others.

Depends. Would you rather ruin your back and knees from BJJ or ruin your brain from boxing?

this tbqh. Getting your brain bounced around in your skull isn't healthy

Found the user with staph

BJJ is literally for manlets though

Unless you're a manlet go with boxing

Pick one, and when you are comfortable with your skills in it, move on to the other. Both will still be here five years from now.

Get in my guard bro.

This meme is tired. There are BJJ/Judo techniques to take someone to the ground. If you are only training groundwork then I pity you.

>Floyd Mayweather and manny pacquiao are currently the most well known boxers in the world
>hurr durr boxing isnt for manlets

definitely master boxing. lots of people can stand and fight, and it only takes one lucky shot for a fight to end, so that's important to be good at, but very few people have any ground game, so by mastering boxing with moderate bjj you ensure you have the advantage in both situations

Pora, bro.

Everybody can throw a punch, not everybody can throw up a gogoplata.

Do you enjoy hugging and romping on the floor with other men?

BJJ leads to BJs

Sometimes I fantasize about wrestling with a girl. I imagine the skin to skin contact with her arms, breasts, legs, stomach, hips. Then she'd start trying to rip of my clothes and I'd start ripping hers. Then we'd wrestle naked with my massive boner until we sweat so much that we can't grip each other anymore. Then, out of breath she'd say "you win" and gives me a victory handjob. I cum on her pubes and she licks my dick clean.

Boxing 100%

You know who the only people BJJ works against?

Other people playing my BJJ rules.

BJJ strongly favors lankets tho? Name one bjj manlet

Eddie Bravo

Ryan Hall?
Chris Holdsworth?

Generally speaking all the "wrestling sports"(wrestling,bjj etc) favor shorter people while striking favors taller people.

In the end though,it comes down to the trainee himself.

To answer ops question:depends on your goals

For self defence:Boxing with some bjj

for mma:Bjj with boxing(although wrestling would be better than bjj)

155 and 5'8" so like half manlet and not very competitive
145 and 5'10" isn't manlet and neither is 5'11" 135 lol
Only wrestling, much less so bjj because of the heavy emphasis on open guard

I did boxing/muay thai for 2 years and BJJ for 1 and a half. It took a few months longer to get to the same level of proficiency in BJJ than boxing, but BJJ gives you more options in terms of conflict resolution.

Eg: A fight. They'll both do the job (assuming one on one. If it isn't you're fucked anyway.) Choking a cunt and knocking a cunt out are both good.

But with BJJ if you have a drunk uncle or friend who is being a cunt you can take them down and restrain them without hurting them.

Also in terms of training I found it was hard to lift and box, but lifting and grappling compliment each other. Also I could spar maybe 2-3 times a week boxing, but I was sore and bruised. But with BJJ I could spar full intensity 5+ times a week and be fine.

But it really boils down to the quality of coaches in your area, and your goals. For self defence I would wager that more people know how to throw a punch than know how to grapple.

Just my 2 cents.

Royce Gracie vs art jimmerson

what about normal jiu jitsu or krav maga?

Eji Braaa

Eji braaaa

Well fuck me

if you're doing it purely for self defense i'm not entirely sure you'd wanna deny yourself the best defense you got which is fucking running the fuck away by somehow taking it to the ground

>MMA enthusiast who started with a base in boxing reporting in

I'd give different opinions depending on what you want to accomplish but I assume you just want to learn to defend yourself. In the real world boxing will be more pliable in more situations