Sup Veeky Forums, what got you into weight lifting?

sup Veeky Forums, what got you into weight lifting?

girls, but then i realized their slyty nature, now i lift so i dont fall into depression again

people treat attractive people better.

i'm not good looking so at least i could be fit.

Girls, but then i realized their frigid and fickle nature so i lift because it makes me look great and nothing feels as good as being a fit motherfucker

i was a skelly neet
least i could do was be a slightly better looking neet

Girls were making fun of me for being skinny and i got picked on by guys.
Now i can knock them out so people are nice to me.

Immense insecurity got me started, subtle insecurity kept me going - Me

An injury. I got hurt and couldn't use my arm for a week. I felt so helpless and weak. So, I started lifting. It just felt good to use my body, and have it be capable. I just never want to feel useless again.

repressed rage

crippling depression

I was fat and wanted to not be fat here I am finally in the normal weight category

definitely have noticed this ever since i started taking adderall and dropped 35 lbs

Boredom, sick of being a Skelly.

I work from home so it's an excuse to get out of the house but it has become as normal as brushing my teeth to me.

It doesn't make up for tfw no friend/gf but at least the black kids in my hood get out of my way on the sidewalk now.

At the end of my USMC enlistment I realized I was a bit of a little bitch compared to a lot of my peers so I started lifting (not in any correct way but it was a start). Then I became a private military contract and was a SUPREME physical bitch compared to almost all of my peers in that situation and admired many of them; got into strength-training/power-lifting to build 'functional' power and such but from there I got more interested in the discipline of bodybuilding and now that's that.

Zyzz, and hating myself

Honestly it just seemed like the thing to do once I hit 16.

My health was shit.

Hated cardio and hadn't played sports since I was a kid, weightlifting was the best option.

Turns out it was fun and competing in powerlifting is something I can see myself doing for a long time, ironically I've also gained enough discipline to actually do cardio and now do so to benefit my training capacity.

Was approaching 18 stone in college, decided to join the piss-cheap gym there to do some cardio.

Did some bullshit Crossfit tier shit before some real lifters gave me a routine and started explaning everything to me. Became my best friends to this day. Fucking love those guys like brothers.

We somehow took different lifting routes. One is zyzz-mode aethestic builer, another does bodyweight to join the marines and I'm a powerlifter.

Was always considered the weak one in my group, decided in college to change that.

>Now everyone calls me strong

Now I do it because routine keeps me happy, and I enjoy breaking target PRs and lift numbers when work/study gets stale.

reading about all dem shredded greeks

I thought I might have been the only one.

At first because I was in the military and platoon pt is fucking boring as fuck. Now that I'm out because I don't have any civilian friends and way too much time on my hands.

Rah.

my combined love and hatred for women and myself

Guys, and not cringing when I look in the mirror shirtless.

Grew tired of being weak and feeling like shit all of the time.

Likewise the iron provided a nice reprieve from the stresses of the day. When I'm in the gym, I keep daily stress [bills and general finance worries] at home.

I feel more energetic now than I did in my teens, and I kick myself repeatedly for not starting sooner.

Are you me, lad?

hatred towards myself. if I dont train I may aswell kill myself.

Body dysmorphia. I was a chubby kid, very popular for being funny/charming but underneath my clothes my body was terrible. I stare into the mirror for hours sometime looking at different ripples and veins and pockets of fat and wishing I could slice them away with a knife or fill them in. I'm still fat and pathetic. I wish my jawline was bigger, and my chest was more defined. I also wish I had smaller hips. I want to be larger and stronger then everyone else, in a dog eat dog world like this I don't eve feel worth living, I'm small and weak and could never defend myself in a war environment.

As I begun to lift though it was not just the aesthetic changes but the addiction to the feeling as well. I like the physical humming of the pump, it's like a heroin-esque pleasurable tingle along my biceps and thighs and lats and you name it. My goal is actually to look like OP's pic, really. I want to start rubbing rogane on my face, perhaps it will help me grow a beard better. I'll look good eventually, positive of that.

Pro wrestling

standard female insecurity about slipping away from skinnyfat to just fat

wanted girls to be more attracted to me. I've left skinnyfat mode and entered DYEL mode and I've already gotten compliments so im slightly pleased

not even close to satisfied yet though

Rage and self-hatred.

It remains my primary motivator even today.

Going to jail.

>girl here btw

The sticky.

I wanted to lose weight, and the sticky told me to lift weights while doing so.

yeah it's really weird to be here, land of tfwnogf

post boobs then or gtfo

Depression and frustration caused by gurls.

[spoiler] I'm gay and I want to find a bf. I absolutely despise the feminine kind of fans, I want to find a gymbro. [spoiler] Besides that, I don't want to be weak anymore, I want to be an actual man.