ITT: fat logic

hey Veeky Forums, im a land whale looking to unbeach myself and get legitimately fit.
i've already completely changed my diet 2 months ago and have lost almost 30 pounds as a result.
vaguely paleo and keto blah blah. i feel amazing and don't want to eat processed shit ever again.

however i'm still dealing with mental hurdles known as fat logic.
after reading stuff that points out fat logic, i realized i had internalized a lot of it and it's what initially caused me to set out to research nutrition.

so my request to you is this: post your most painfully truthful, common and dangerous fat logics you've seen or personally held in the past.
greentexts of personal encounters are highly encouraged.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U1TNQr-WzU4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump with some fat logic of my own

>"my sister eats the same food as I do but is as scrawny as a twig" I was eating twice or thrice the proportion sizes as her

>"I love raw vegetables and don't drink soda often so my weight gain is probably due to genetics" I was devouring huge portions of high carb food along with said vegetables

>"i rarely eat fast food, just home made food" I was making shitty fast food equivalents at home

>>"i rarely eat fast food, just home made food" I was making shitty fast food equivalents at home

I've thought this myself in the past. I was absolutely convinced that anything I made at home would be, by definition, healthier than anything I got from a drive thru. Without exception.

i think back on it and become completely horrified at the amount of calories i must have been consuming

as soon as i changed my diet completely the weight just started falling off. i haven't been under 240 in years.

i used to be a body-acceptance faggot as well and tried to brain wash myself into accepting and being proud of my fat too, but I knew it was a lie the whole time.

now I just view fat-positivity with a lot of pity

Fatties realize their own life styles are terrible. They have to indoctrinate the guilt out of themselves.

jesus christ. i saw a lot of that shit on tumblr back when i used it to post art. it was some horrifying cultic shit

I'm living with one now:

>Sends me a picture of his chicken broccoli lunch bragging about how clean he is eating
>Get home and there is an empty peanut butter jar in the bin

Your self-awareness will get you far. Keep going.

I really dislike ther version of this gif. Delete it off your HDD or SDD and take this.

Here is some fat logic you seem to be guilty of:
>changed my diet, paleo and keto
Diet makes it sound temporary — it needs to be a permanent change to your lifestyle.

>be me
>want to be slightly less skeletal
>deliberately eat more than i usually do, to the point i'm sometimes waking up feeling full (and have to sleep on my left side so i don't get acid reflux)
>3 months later i've gained 5 pounds
SKINNY LOGIC IS HOLDING ME 10LB BACK FROM MY 120 GOAL WEIGHT

(legacy captcha is literally familia)

>It's okay if I don't add this to my calorie tracker because it's a really small thing

Shit adds up

Eat more earlier in the day, I start with shakes including oats, blueberries, whey, milk, a banana and Chia seeds which work out to around 650kcal around 8am and I'm hungry by 10

"I don't need to count calories, it's not a calorie thing. I'm just in starvation mode because I don't eat until late at night."

Never ever ever ever ever buy this bullshit. It is calories in, calories out. Period. If you're gaining weight but think you're eating a deficit, you're tracking your calories incorrectly.

I'll never understand why fatties try to make this simple thing so complex. Responsibility avoidance, maybe?

because while calories in calories out is true, that's not equal to food in exercise out, and that's both difficult to measure and easy to use as an (sometimes justified) excuse

Lots of people have no idea how caloric some foods are, or how little 100 grams of something actually is.

>I want to start working out, but my job eats up all of my time
One of my room mates uses this one, despite the fact that he get up at around 10 am, spends the evening on Netflix and works from home.

>You're a lot younger than me user, it gets harder to lose weight as you get older
Gave me this one when I shared some of the dietary things that are helping me lose weight. Even if it's true, but I'm sure his Oreo and root beer stash doesn't help him.

>Former room mate is a small planet
>5'1" probably 400 pounds so he is actually planet shaped
>Decides he wants to eat better but can't cook at all and is too lazy
>Starts eating Lean Cuisines because "they're healthy"
>Think well not really but it's better than the fast food he normally eats
>Eats THREE (3) of them in a single sitting
>Still doesn't know why he's not losing weight

You can label anything Healthy or Diet and they think they can eat as much as they want.

youtube.com/watch?v=U1TNQr-WzU4

Halloween is coming

no one respects/favours/loves or looks up to fat people if theres a fit person doing the exact same

Where is this gif from?

Used to constantly eat lean cuisine and weight watcher frozen meals, they were reguarly on sale for like $1 each
Wasnt trying to lose weight, just felt exhausted after gym and microwave was easy

Had 2 or so in a sitting. But I also counted cals and worked out, so didn't make me gain.

I mean frozen meals aren't inherently bad it was just hilarious seeing him have no concept of counting. He'd also eat oranges in between meals as a snack but would eat like 4 full size oranges at a time, more than once a day.

>>"I love raw vegetables and don't drink soda often so my weight gain is probably due to genetics"

>implying weight gain is EVER due to genetics

This is your biggest pitfall.

My friend is like "oh Im just genetically big, look, im eating a salad!"

>drowned in ranch dressing
>on top of a mountain of bacon bits, cheese, croutons, more cheese, ham, turkey, eggs, and more cheese
>smothered below this mountain of crap is a pathetic mat of lettuce
>washed down with a large coke
>followed by a burger and fries
>try explaining that its not a salad, its a pile of fat, sodium, carbs, and more fat
>that even if it WAS a healthy salad following it with greasy hugh carb crap and carbonated sugar would cancel it out anyways
>gives me that dull-eyed bovine look
>"But its a salad, salads are healthy"

I had to show my fatty friend shit like this to get them to understand how bad their decisions were.

>put a price tag on it
how does that advance their argument? the foods on the left are cheaper, so you get more calorie/dollar. great, now you can save yourself money by spending less for the necessary amount of calories. or if the physical bulk is too little to satisfy hunger, you can buy foodstuff on the right instead which are calorie inefficient but fill you up by sheer amount.

The ones on the left are even all cheaper though. Many are equal or cheaper on the right.

*aren't

>Pre breakfast
>So you stomach can prepare for real work later
>Pre workout
>So your muscles and heart can prepare for real work later

Really makes you think

What is the fat logic bulking (staying in lack of shape) routine?

Bullshit, that bowl of cereal doesn't have 2500 calories, even if there's cream and bananas in it.
Unless he poured in the whole box of cereal, then Yeah.

The bowl looks like a mixing bowl. And double cream (if you're American) is about 50% fat, way fatter than even heavy cream.

It's a little bit more than calories in calories out. There's a couple incredibly long drawn out explanations about how it's more than just that, but at the end of the day they mostly conclude to just eat less + move more

Jesus Christ his breakfast is my entire caloric intake for the day when I'm not bulking......

1/7?

Warning: When I began writing this I had no idea where it was going. Brick by bick it became a wall of text and I have no idea in how many parts I'll have to divide it. If you read it you won't regret it, but if you don't I'll also be ok with it, this more of a talk with myself that I enjoyed writing, or rather, just couldn't make myself stop.

I'll do mine then, from the me now to the me before I started my journey. Was 138kg, 107.6 right now, lost most of it through keto, but am eating normal shit while counting calories now.

>Everyone dies, I can die tomorrow from a car accident, and being healthy and attractive wouldn't have mattered at all

And you can also die 40 years younger from a heart attack caused by trying to get out of bed to take a shit, you can't know and not doing something because it might be irrelevant is like saying "I won't look both sides of the street before crossing because someone might crash into me even if I did" Why the fuck would you not want better odds?

>Life isn't that good, most of the good times I've had are alone while reading or watching something and eating tasty food. There is no need to have an attractive and healthy body if I want to be alone and eat whatever I want

And if you weren't obese your whole life you might have enjoyed more of it, would like being with people, like how you used to when you were a kid and being around you made other people happy, your jokes were funny and your huge ego and prideful thought processes were manageable because you could be yourself and people accepted it because you didn't give a fuck.

Current tumblr-fag-solely-for-art-promotion fag here, shit hasn't changed. Lucky there are a lot of people like me who only care about art on there and not the usual SJW bullshit.

2/7?

>Sex is overrated, I can just masturbate and the need goes away, so what if I can't look myself in the mirror without feeling like shit, what would I do if I had a GF anyway, I'm only happy when alone.

How would you know? You're still virgin. Maybe you could be happy living alone, but you did it for 2 years, what did that make you feel? How often were you happy? You were happy with other people around you, you just pushed everyone away because you thought you didn't deserve to be around them, or that they didn't deserve to be around you. You aren't a special person that needs to stay in a box, untouched and unused. Your life doesn't have more value than anyone elses. It doesn't matter how much better you think you are, if a person doesn't use his intelligence then having it is completely useless.

>I don't want to be in a relationship with a woman, they're really fucking delusional about their own value, bring nothing to the table and drain you from everything you work for

Not that you could tell, since you're speaking from observation and not experience, but who said you need to have a monogamous relationship? If you have enough experience and practice you can be having several 20yo girls wanting your commitement while you don't give them the time of day, so what if their expectations are unrealistic, would you settle for being just "above average" anyway? If they want a greek god that is funny, rich, tall, good looking, smart and witty and fucks them like an animal, which of those is not achievable or already gifted to you?

3/7?

>Women are not deserving of anything they want, I could be Brad Pitt or whatever and have an Angelina Jolie by my side and the legal system would fuck me over, take my kids away from me, make me lose half of what I own now and for the foreseeable future, while she cheats behind my back while they're at it, and anything I could do to try to prove I'm not to be blamed for it can be overturned by a single "He hit me" or "He raped me" claim from a girl that wants to ruin my life, because the justice system isn't looking for justice, but for it's own image and there's nothing quite like putting an innocent man behind bars for a false accusation of rape while being cheered on by feminists to boost their image.

Boo hoo, crybaby. Life is unfair, people aren't treated as they should and you were born with a penis so you'll have to work harder. Too bad. Can't change it, deal with it. You're a man, aren't you? So what if your burden is heavier, you know you can lift it. Maybe you'll have to install cameras around the house to show the world that the girl was a slut, maybe you'll have to be able to record what you do or where you are so that you can prove a girl trying to throw mud on your reputation is a lying whore. Maybe you won't have the "It just happened" excuse that girls have to rationalize their behaviour. Tough luck. You're a man, you were born with a healthy body and mind, with an attractive face and good genetics and in a good family with all you needed to grow at your disposal. You weren't born black or poor or had abusive parents, you don't have a disease or debilitation and you have more potential than anyone you've met. The "hard work" you've loathed so far and the knowledge that you could just coast while still being above average has made you play safe in everything, but what has that gotten you? During those 2 years you did nothing for your life, how much you envied people that were doing something?

4/7?

People that could honestly say they looked forward for tomorrow? That had taken risks and failed and still kept trying until they succeeded? You have so much life left to live, a man is treated unequally by society because he is born better, stronger, smarter and was evolved to be able to shoulder the burden of the other sex, you live in a society where you can fuck girls in the same day you've met them, and you're complaining so much about it.
Yes, this isn't a world where you can stay safe, share your feelings with your partner and expect her to understand it and stay by your side, the moment they think you can't live without them is the moment you'll lose them, but be honest, you've always hated reading or watching stories about guys that were weak and full of flaws because your life was already like that, your happiness came from escapism by self-inserting as characters that made you forget who you are. The only reason that made you happy is because it gave you a glimpse of what your life could be 24/7 if you tried. If you want that feeling to be long-lasting, then why settle for the scraps? Who knows, maybe the journey you're on isn't going to make you happy and you'll be back at ground zero, but it doesn't matter because you have always thought that the future and past don't mean shit as long as the present is good, you'll still have the present tomorrow, use the one right now to make the coming one better.

>But what if it's a waste?
>What if doing this will only make me suffer for no reason?
>What if this diet that makes me limit my desire and not fulfill it, this lifting that makes me hurt and this constant pressure and self-accountability that makes me have to feel like shit if I can't live up to my own expectations are for naught?
>Yes, I know my life as a fucking neet sucked, but what if that was the lesser evil and that was the best life I could live?
>What if life is just meant to suck like this?

5/7?

Then you'll try something different. How long are you going to live? 10 or 60 or 100 years more, who cares, you'll have a lot of shots left in you, if it didn't work, try again, maybe the life you actually want is like a monk who eats, sleeps and meditates until he dies one day. You'll be able to have it if having the one you plan for isn't what you expect. Who gives a shit? What is the worse that can happen? Dying? Didn't life suck before? Death will come, you don't need to welcome it but if it'll come anyway, you might as well try to have a life you'll want to live. Then again, is the life you have right now bad? Is it worse than the life you had a year ago? You don't feel like shit when you go to the gym, you don't feel like shit when you weigh yourself, you don't feel like shit when you look at yourself in the mirror. Maybe in a month you'll look back to this and think "I had nothing to worry about", it doesn't matter, you're not there a month away from now, you're here now. You look back to your past and you feel like you changed so much in a year of time, how many times will you have to experience the fact that you're evolving to realize that it's going to happen again? So what if you change, the world changes and things don't go as planned? It doesn't mean much, but you know how it feels to have that chill crawl up your spine when you think about what you're capable of, that trembling and heat through your body that makes you break into a smile thinking of the possibilities, that thrill of going against your nature and doing something you're afraid to on impulse and being rewarded for it, that feeling of having the world around you expand, the pride in being yourself and the confidence that you're what you make yourself to be. There is nothing to fear, there isn't something you want that you can't have, and there isn't anything worth more than being who you want to be.

6/7?

You can imagine it, right? You in the body you worked so hard for, in the career you can honestly dedicate as much time as you want to while loving every minute of it, fucking every single time you want to with the hottest girls around, all while being able to say what you think and doing what you want and being able to help other people around you without wanting anything in return, because you're already who you want to be and know how having it by taking it is so much better than being given it. To walk and have people see you as if you're some kind of alien or celebrity or devil or whatever, cut from a different cloth, while you understand that all you did was try to be who you want to be and that only people who are doing everything they can to become better can see you as an equal instead of a dream or a goal or an enemy or a faker. To have the smartest, funniest and the most spontaneous and hardworking people on the world consider you a friend. To breath and be happy for it, to eat and be grateful for it, to drink and to be content with it, to see and be impressed anew how the world can look so bright and colorful when you can do whatever you want to do and you have no idea what's next, but you'll enjoy figuring it out.

You can also see it, You with a body that looks 10 years older than your real age, working at a shitty job you hate every minute of, being sexually deprived and seen as a freak, not having any meaningful relationships with other people, eating and drinking and reading and watching to try forget who you are, escaping any accountability by imagining that this is the only life you are supposed to have. I don't even want to go on with imagining it, consider if I was living it.

Wow jesus christ take it to tumblr man.

7/7

You got it already, probably long before you finish this text. This isn't a motivational text tailored to pump you up and give you permission to try hard for what you want, this is a prediction. A crossroad, a place you want to go with a long way to your destination with a dangerous journey through a road that you know will test you and try to break your spirit, and then the other path, there is no road or destination or journey, it will be easy, you don't even have to walk there, as long as you stay where you are you'll get there. It is coming closer, you just have to wait and it'll reach you to drag you down, while you feel so numb from the food you've eaten and the lazyness you've cultivated and the helplessness that you self-taught that you don't even notice your nightmare come true is behind you until it is too late. Your only solace will be imagining what could have been, had you walked instead of standing still, and it will only make it worse, because the contrast between the paths is so high that there is no gradient to be made, there is no almost good or not too bad, there is only the dream and the nightmare, made even worse because you know it is a nightmare of your own making.

Holy fuck Veeky Forums am I an alcoholic? I say every one of those except the wanting to quit thing every day.

Anyways
>be fat fuck
>calculate tdee out of curiosity
>3300
>that can't be right
>run it again
>3300
>become disgusted
>could no longer look in the mirror without hating myself
>been eating 1600 a day ever since
>bought a bike and a fishing licence and ride down to the river every day now
>lifting every day
>three weeks in and I can already see and feel the difference

You can do it Op, just hate yourself and never stop. Post your body on Veeky Forums and have them ridicule you. Eat naked in front of a mirror if you have to, just make sure you fucking hate what you see every time you see your disgusting face.

Meh, this isn't some fanfiction or inspirational or motivational bullshit, it's just a reminder to myself. Posted because it might help someone, I'd love to have read this a few years back, but I also wrote it for myself more than anyone else in any case.

TL;DR just for you: I write lies and excuses I had internalized as the truth and explain why they are wrong tp myself.

Ausfag?

This picture always makes me wonder, back in middle school they told us celery has "negative calories" in the sense that it took more energy to digest it than you could get out of it, but that's not possibly true is it? I love celery as a snack but I have never once felt drained from eating it.

Whoo boy. I sometimes use up some of the half and half cream (12%) in our house in a protein shake, and I think it's Thick.
UK Double cream is 48%, so that bowl must be pudding.

It's not true but it has fuck all calories in it so you can basically eat as much as you fucking want and not care.

pretty sure its steve o

no, amerifag who can't sleep without a drink because he knows that the dreams will come and I can't deal with that right now.

Read that wall of text posted before, pretty sure you need to.

I figured. I love that wonderful crunch in every bite, so I eat to just below my limit and then fill up on celery. Sometimes I'll make tuna salad without the mayo or onions if I'm low on protein.

You're lucky, I can't stand the crunch or texture or taste of it. It is the ultimate filler food. Best I can do is add it to my crock pot shit to make it soft.

What about it? I'm well past done eating for the day, and I haven't had a drink either. I'd say that I'm doing pretty well.

I wish I had bones like that on a 7'9 frame, imagine the amount of meat you could pack on those.

What kind of art did you post?

Whenever fatties post yoga its always the easyest poses done with shitty form,who do they honestly think they are deluding?

Np, you can do it bro. Beleve in urself

Who eats Halloween candy past the age of 12 anyways?

Then stop worrying about it.

Thanks bro, I believe. I think I might actually fall in love with myself, the narcissism is growing together with my face gains, even though they aren't much and I am going to make so much more, I'l already this happy with them.

Life's good.

People who buy it to deliver, they buy more than they'll ever give out so they can feel justified in eating what's "left" aka three times what they gave out to kids.

I wonder where that kids gonna go when his dad has to get new shocks installed.

No man, this is not Steve O, this is a Porno guy. Dont know his Name.

DESU he was trying his best.

Good for him he got a fact check otherwise he would not have know it,

>First time I've had a woman mansplain to me.

he put all of its contents in the toilet and flushed it down and threw the jar away
I did something like this before too

anyone has the "that adds up" Seinfeld comic?

>20 pounds on 80 days
shit I lost 20 pounds in 30 days and I was like 260 pounds

GOMAD

Heroin addicts have way more honor than this son of a bitch. When they get thrown out of a program, they at least know they fucked up by trying to bend rules. This faggot, meanwhile, acts like he done nothing wrong and it's the hospital's fault.
I swear, fatties are the worst addicts, because their drug is so widely available and normal people don't eat themselves into disability.

tldr

I think a big one i had that was pretty bad was "treating myself"
>go for a 4 mile walk because i'm too fat to run
>reward myself with 2 mcchickens and 2 cheeseburgers
Needless to say the calories burnt walking 2 miles is nowhere near the ammount of calories of 4 burgers from wacarnolds.

Wow look at this guy. Still a virgin and already decided he'll get accused of rape or be cheated on.

This is why you'll never get laid even if you lose the weight. Stacy is a highschooler and if you wanna fuck her there's worse things coming to you.

drink calories

It is, quite literally, classic addiction denial behavior.

What I believed for a long time was
>pff you cant get fat from ice tea, it's tea dude
I drank like half a gallon per day, I wish I could travel back in time and slap myself

All of those hit me too close.
When i was fat i would think the same things.
Just keep improving user. We are all gonna make it.

>Everything that disagrees with you is now mansplaining no matter who says it
Man, these cunts cant even keep up with their own made up shit.

>just one last pack of Oreos to ease the pain
>just one last stop at my favorite restaurant
>just one last binge drink at X's birthday party
>just one last burger since it's been such a hard week at work

When you're a fat fucker, you in all likelihood have a pathological addiction to food. At the outset of your fitness, your mind is going to manipulate your thoughts 24/7 to get you to go back and binge, coming up with all sorts of clever reasons why you should put off this change until tomorrow or whenever.

"Just one last..." is the most devious of these thoughts and probably the most frequent. Watch out for it.

Different user here. I just wanted to ask if protein shakes while not working out at all is a bad idea. If it is, I reckon I'll start running and doing some strength training again

No.

no, but most of those shakes are high in sugar so consider getting active regardless

As a meal replacement they aren't bad as long as you're making your own so you know what's going in them.

Mine's got 2g a serving, so it's not bad. You're right that I should get active again though. Think I will. Don't really know that many strength training exercises that don't require laying down on the floor (germaphobe, plus no spleen)

2g doesn't sound too bad (depending on what a serving size actually is)

also, as a germaphobe myself, use fresh beachtowels that you wash after use for any floor-related activity

look into isometrics as well

Okay Dr. Bro

Your body is not a bomb calorimeter. You digest calories, which is more complicated than burning them. Calories in calories out fucking works and fatties are retarded to think otherwise, but it's also equally retarded to suggest there are no other variables that could play a role even slightly.

what's your height/weight?

Alright Veeky Forums

I recently got a phagophobia despite me never, EVER choking on anything in my life, but probably because of anxiety about something else. I did manometry, endoscopy and xray barium and I don't have any problems. I KNOW I won't choke, yet I get tense, I start coughing and don't want to eat any of that anymore.

Anyways this led me to go from a 108kg fat fuck to a bit overweight 88 kg. I might heal soon from this crap but I wanna lose more weight by doing excercise and eating well before I recover and become my obese old self.

What do?

You mean SWEET tea, I presume. Normal tea without sugar is still 0 calories.

yeah that is actually somehting I made sure to keep in the back of my mind while starting this for that reason.
I don't call it "a diet", it's a change of diet, permanently.

I've seen how not making this distinction has doomed fat family/friends and the last thing I want to be is a failed fuck like them.

I've bought better cooking supplies and purged my house of unhealthy food, all of it.
I have a slow cooker for making broth from bones and meat and for making stews,
I purchase a high quality skillet from a resturant supply store to make omelettes and such.

I've also started to buy bulk of raw food I know I will end up consuming,
making no option to cheat and order junk food since I have food I need to eat immediately or it'll go bad.
i've spent a lot of time learning to cook and collecting recipes for meals using mostly raw ingredients.

"it's just a temporary thing until i lose weight" is the most self sabotaging fat logic there is, so you're absolutely right.

yeah I meant that nestea and lipton shit

I lost 20 kg in 6 months or so(probably less) without counting calories.
Just found a routine to stick to, and altered it while watching the scale.

i think of it more as a hybrid.
yes, the basic science is CICO, but if you're a fat fuck and have been eating like a fat fuck most of your life,
you see CICO and start to eat the same foods, but at a deficient, without actually going out of your way to learn proper nutrition.

i tried doing that at first and ended up making myself ill.

Yes, there are variables, but pointing to internal variables as an excuse for failing at CICO is like running out of gas and blaming the air conditioner in your car for "altering" your expected mileage when in reality you just didn't buy gas.

If you think you're eating at a deficit and you gain weight, then you're not eating at a deficit.

i'm 5'6" 110lb.