Mfw doctor said I have to avoid the gym for 6 weeks while I heal from surgery

>mfw doctor said I have to avoid the gym for 6 weeks while I heal from surgery
How do I cope?

Train your mind instead

Go to the gym, train as long as it doesn't impede recovery.

Docs often make blanket statements like that. I used to squat with a broken rib.

>squatting with a broken rib
>squatting
logical

How did you balance that 1pl8 with your broken rib

Exercise bike with bulking diet. 0 downsides

smoke a lot of weed

Say farewell to your gains.

Eat at maintance level

Eat at maintenance, and do low-intensity exercises to try to maintain muscle and strength.

Go to the gym anyway and absolutely wrek yourself. He's just a doctor, what does he know? Also, your gains are waaaay more important than your health and you really can't afford to lose a few weeks worth of gains, better impede your recovery and possibly do worse/permanent damage. Godspeed user

>OP asks how to cope
>your autism translates that to "how can I hurt myself"

I broke my hand. I'm dying here too.

I can do bodyweight squats and lunges thats it

had a skin surgery with stitches.
doctor banned working out for 7 days because of sweating and possible infections

also told me not to eat whey generally..

I'm 5 days out of the gym from the flu and feel depressed as fuck. I miss my free endorphins.

ITT THINGS THAT NEVER HAPPENED

imo this is the only time machines are acceptable

What surgery?

Might be able to do some low intensity machine work, cardio, yoga/pilate/tai chi or just work on your flexibility

Mfw i need a knee reconstruction soon
Mfw gaining as hard as possible before the inevitable atrophy

Maintain your diet. You will not lose your gains in that period and will come back fresh and hit new PRs.

bretty good adbice

6 weeks is a bit too long. 4 weeks is about the limit of the time you can go without training and not lose anything. Even 2 weeks can cause slight changes.