1/2/3/4 is a good standard for the big 4 but what's the staple weight for power cleans?

1/2/3/4 is a good standard for the big 4 but what's the staple weight for power cleans?

Other urls found in this thread:

strengtheory.com/whos-the-most-impressive-powerlifter/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I had about a 2 plates power clean at the time I reached 1/2/3/4

i would say 275 is a good staple.
thats >lmao 2,5 plate.

2pl8s for reps

power cleans are a meme

All these should be percentages of your body weight not just arbitrary weight. That said, 1.5 bw power clean is pretty good.

>doing anything other than squats

guys the jokes over can we stop with this exercise meme

that's something i'd say if i was a skeleton manlet.

Those are a minimum standard for any body weight, even manlets and skeletons. Fat cunts are expected to do more.

>it should be relative to bodyweight
Manlet detected

Same fag detected. 1/2/3/4 is what fatties and big boys meme to feel better about not being as strong relatively as smaller people.

Strength should always be looked at as %ages of body weight.

That's all fine and good if you have mild Asperger's syndrome. The rest of us don't know our bodyweight in plates, so multiplying it by 1.5 doesn't tell us shit about how much to lift at the gym.

good luck convincing anyone you're strong because your babby lifts are a certain factor of your body weight

185/2 = 92.5
185 + 92.5 = 277.5
Round up or down depending on if you're a pussy or not.

I didn't really think Veeky Forums was this retarded.

2x bw squat at 185 is 370. More impressive than a 225lb dude squatting as much. That guy needs to squat 450 to be on the same strength level.

What's not to get? Seems much more realistic to go about it this way.

given that all other traits are practically equal, would you rather ask a 100kg guy with 190 kg deadlift to help you carry your refrigerator than a 60 kg guy with a 130 kg deadlift?

if you play a contact sport, which one would you most likely want on your team?

which one do you think has the most impressive physique, looks wise?

which one do you think is best off in a self defence situation?

absolute numbers are shit
bodyweight ratios are shit

1/2/3/4 and bodyweight ratios are equally stupid.

1/2/3/4 isn't balanced at all. 1 pl8 OHP is far easier than 4pl8 diddy.
It works as a quick and easy way to explain someone what he should expect to reach within a year of serious training. In the end it'll be 1.25/2/2.75/3.5 or whatever, but that's close enough.

Bodyweight ratios really only work in a very small margin at a time. You can compare people that weigh 70-80kg, but you can't compare someone who weighs 60kg to someone who weighs 100kg.
But again, for an "average" guy, it can work to quickly and easily set goals or make comparisons.

If you really want to compare the lifts of people regardless of bodyweight, you have to use allometric scaling. Powerlifting and Weightlifting use Wilks and Sinclair formulas respectively, but those aren't perfect either.
Wilks tends to favor heavier lifters (with those around ~75kg at the greatest disadvantage). Sinclair is based on current world records iirc.

WILKS masterrace
Or just who gives a fuck if you don't compete?

You realize that everyone of these questions can be answered "the smaller guy" and be argued effectively?

What retarded rationalization.

What arguments

>fridge
Me and my feebled dad moved a fridge, wasn't hard and neither of us are that strong so it doesn't matter who I pick the job feels the same.

>contact sports
You want different sized guys to do different roles. Do you really want a football team full of 350lb monsters or do you want some fast guys there too?

>fight
Small guys beat big guys all the time this one has to do with level of martial arts training.

>level of attractiveness
Fatties are fat, skinnies are skinny. Looks are arbitrary. Big guy could lift more but be a bear small guy might lift same ratio to his bw but it's not like he's all that fat + he's small and lifting multiplications of his bw so he's not dyel either. Probably the smaller guy looks better.

What a waste of time this was

see
wilks is shit too.
strengtheory.com/whos-the-most-impressive-powerlifter/