youtu.be/TdUybCqqL7E?t=892
t-nation.com/training/inside-the-muscles-best-back-and-biceps-exercises
bretcontreras.com/squats-versus-hip-thrusts-emg-activity/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Literal meme workout

Except it's not.

3x5 GET THIS GUY OFF MEs

They're called hip bridges and great if you want an ass

That exercise has the highest glute activation than any other exercise.

Its great for building a great ass or deadlift lock out.

OP looks like a goddamn retard

>OP confirmed dyel skelly

this.

>someone actually recorded thinking they were capturing a real life meme

little do they know it's an actual real exercise

just imagining the scrawny little cuck filming who thought he captured something special, little does he know he is a fucking idiot who probably cant even bench 1 plate

I'd fuck her

>women literally only work out for an ass

What else did you expect, op?

You fell for the normie meme didn't you?

"OMG there's actually someone in this gym who isn't doing a cookie cutter powerlifter-wannabe workout program, let me interrupt my own low intensity girly workout and record it, the guys on Veeky Forums will find it HILARIOUS lololol."

I feel like you're giving the kid too much credit

$20 says he thinks he's like 19 and thinks hes superior because he's tall

I imagine at the end he's snickering so much he can't even film anymore

I saw a girls doing this same workout with pic related. It was the funniest gym fail I've seen irl

she's a smart girl who actually wants to work on her ass instead of doing meme squats that hardly hit it.

it is if you're not a powerlifter with advanced stats

It's called a barbell hip thrust and it can be used as a deadlift accessory

For glutes.

I remember sex did this for me since I went at it for an hour with a fat chick, I'd say it's actually better.

It means she wants glutes, senpai. It activates glutes like 3-4x the amount squats do

absolutely incredible showcase of ignorance.
OP's next post:
>webm of hip extensions
>What did she mean by this?

>being this autistic
Obviously she wants to fucc OP

To everyone in this thread saying it's a good exercise to get "dat ass"

>babbyweight hip thrust
>good glute workout
Choose one

Why doesnt she do squats if she wants an ass

Thats a legit way of doing it u retard
youtu.be/TdUybCqqL7E?t=892

squats use glutes, but in hip thrusts, they're the main mover. it's an isolation exercise after all.

same reason why people do concentration curls besides chin-ups/pull-ups. even though chin-ups and pull-ups use your biceps, concentration curls use them more.

even though going to the gym just because you want a bigger ass might be a vain goal, this is one of the better ways to go about it.

>use them more
Not true, a weighted chinup has more peak and mean muscle activation than a heavy curl.
t-nation.com/training/inside-the-muscles-best-back-and-biceps-exercises

I've never seen someone in real life who had a bad/slow deadlift lockout due to weak glutes.
It's almost always that they round their back and need to extend it at lockout.
The glutes don't really get stressed much at deadlift lockout, atleast not nearly as much as in a hip thrust.

>white knighting this hard

- mad faggets Lel

do not laugh at my retarded meme exerise guys!!!

pic related its you i am laughing so much

>It's almost always that they round their back

rounding the back is generally a symptom of another mistake. everybody knows not to arch their back, and fixing it isn't usually a case of just saying 'don't arch your back bro'. weak glutes would result in arching of the back if the weight is too heavy.

Arch means the opposite of flex/round...
And actually, fixing it usually is just a case of saying "don't let your back round".
It's just that it's very hard on the ego to keep a straight back, because you'll probably have to use less weight and slowly work your way up.
And everytime you notice you want to let your back round, you're gonna have to keep your ego in check and just stop the set.

I meant rounding.

A rounded back is the result of

A: Improperly executing the movement
B: Being too weak to lift that weight correctly

One of the potential causes of weakness would be weak glutes.

>I can't even deadlift 3pl8 but I need to isolate my glutes, it's not a meme exercise for instagram girls reeeeeeeee

>what are weighted glute bridges

enjoy your sleepy ass glutes and leg problems

Nah, it's only the result of "improperly executing the movement".

It's actually easier for someone with weak glutes to keep their back straight, because their glutes wouldn't be pulling their hip into posterior tilt as hard.
So the spinal erectors wouldn't have to work as hard to counter that force.

What happens with people who claim "weak glutes", is that they don't execute the movement correctly, because they don't use their glutes properly.
They just rely on their spinal erectors to do the work.
The more flexion and extension, the more work the spinal erectors can do in a deadlift.
So they'll round their back, and extend it again near lockout.

>trying this hard
I was talking about the exercise, which is completely legitimit.
>autism

so then what would a deadlift look like with weak glutes, if not rounding of the back?

If someone has body proportions such that they their hip extension demands are high at the start (e.g. someone who starts more bent-over), they'll just fail to get it off the floor or they'll fail a few inches off the floor.
Someone who has body proportions such that their knee extenion demands are high at the start (e.g. someone who can start with a more upright back), will probably get it a bit higher but will probably still just fail the lift before passing the knee.

How much weight is she using

There are a lot of retards ITT who think this is anything other than a wasteful female meme lift.

>t. flat ass

Focus on the right two columns.
For conventional, use the rightmost column.
Look at the moment arms of the joints, try to think what kind of function the glutes/hamstrings/quads fulfill.
Don't forget that the glutes are a more powerful hip extensor when the hip isn't flexed (see strengthandconditioningresearch.com).
Now you can reason about what would happen if the glutes were weak.

I want newfag meme shitters to leave

Go ahead, summerfriend

Not for runners, that's a great exercise, of course so is deadlifting.. strength coach at university I work at has baseball players do these as well as deadlift

>Meme squats that hardly hit it

Damn you are good mate, tried my best to not fall for it, but I took the bait. Subtle too

I'm triggered.

Its not a meme. It is great for both making butt look rounder and improving strength.

speak for yourself, ive been doing this exercise for 57 8/7 years and ive never had one ass to call my own

WHO /tfw/ HERE

Mates, I think you guys are missing the point. She has a pussypad on the bar for just the bar. There aren't even any plates on the bar.

>mfw my ass looks better than hers
ahah suck it wench

hip thrust is literally superior to lowbar squat.
this
it is a compound not an isolation, and i hip thrust more than your DL PR.

not training your glutes (aka the strongest, largest muscle to train) is akin to not training your lats.

i don't even squat and my leg mass is sufficient from hip thrust alone (and DL, except i don't use quad drive when i DL, so i get more leg activation out of my hip thrusts).

the only issue with the girl in OP is
A. less than 225 on the bar (which is fine if warming up - a grill her size should hit 3pl8 tho)
B. half repping (Which again might be alright if she is warming up and just trying to reach peak contraction)

what if i told you hip thrusts are all you should do for legs?

that is how you sound to educated people when you say squats are sufficient for glutes.

as an aside i literally think hip thrusts are enough for legs

i cannot imagine that with as much gospel as the good dr. contreras has spread, that people still don't take hip thrusts seriously.

i don't think it is wise to ever do isolation movements (excepting perhaps delt isolations, i certainly think arm isolations are a meme) and i would consider it folly to avoid hip thrust

i see no issue if you are warming up and know you are gonna use heavier weight.

if that was her working weight than she has larger issues than using the pad.

i warm up with the pussy pad as well..

i also refuse to go lower than 135 as my first warm up set, though

>not training your glutes (aka the strongest, largest muscle to train) is akin to not training your lats.
the point i meant to follow this up with, is that noone pretends deadlifts are enough for lats.

chin ups and rows are a staple of training.

so too, deadlifts are not enough for glutes.
they can handle more training volume than literally any other muscle (which means it also handles less training frequency)

except deadlifts work the lats almost entirely isometrically.
squats and deadlift work the glutes through a huge range of motion.
it's a big difference.

why do you think hip thrusts are better at producing glute hypertrophy than squats or deadlifts?

besides squatting/deadlifting, do you think adding sets of hip thrusts would increase someone's squat/deadlift more than doing additional sets of squats/deadlifts?

That's a real workout, dyel newfag

I'm so sick of these tards who don't know hip bridges aren't a real thing and record it like the person doing them is retarded. Holy shit. How fucking stupid do you have to be?

There's some deep irony in taking your phone out to video tape someone at the gym like an asshole and finding out they're actually doing a real work out you never knew about because you're a DYEL retard.

why do you think hip thrusts are better at producing glute hypertrophy than squats or deadlifts?
more contraction loaded with more weight.
more activation
>besides squatting/deadlifting, do you think adding sets of hip thrusts would increase someone's squat/deadlift more than doing additional sets of squats/deadlifts?
almost certainly.
i can perhaps envision a scenario where that would not be the case (like where someone's squat is limited by quad weakness, and their glutes are relatively stronger), but i would say this holds true for upwards of 99% of lifters, and is still useful even if it doesn't directly drive up your squat/dl numbers (which it almost certainly will)

>besides squatting/deadlifting, do you think adding sets of hip thrusts would increase someone's squat/deadlift more than doing additional sets of squats/deadlifts?

This is like asking why anyone who ever do any chest exercise except bench. The muscle isn't one block, you need to flesh out the full range. Hip bridges help hit parts of the glutes that squat/deadlifts don't hit very well.

Also, if you're doing a lot of cardio and your legs are sore from running but your glutes are fine, hip bridges let you hit glutes.

i am the hip thrust fag here.
you really shouldn't waste time doing chest exercises other than bench

flyes are a meme.
crossovers are meh

maybe incline if your upper pec is lacking. or dips if your lower chest/triceps are lacking.

otherwise stick to floor press or bench, imo.

compare the upper gluteus maximus activation with deadlift.

not even in the same fucking world of glute activation. though DL is superior for lower glute activation (if you want to grow the shelf/overhang/cusp of the glutes)

second time i've seen a thread like this

first time someone filmed someone doing good mornings

bretcontreras.com/squats-versus-hip-thrusts-emg-activity/
>In the end, what I can already say with MUCH confidence is that athletes should perform both squats and hip thrusts. Squats appear to outperform hip thrusts in certain very important outcomes and hip thrusts appear to outperform squats in certain very important outcomes. Most of you reading this are probably nodding your heads like, “no shit,” but there are indeed people that think you shouldn’t squat or shouldn’t hip thrust…hopefully their minds will be changed when they see my findings and future findings of others.

this is for sports athletes, rather than glute-crazed instagram hos

>Legitimate compound movement used to strengthen the erector spinae, glutes, and quads
>There are retards that don't think barbell hip thrusts are a legitimate exercise

I've seen average gym goers and powerlifters alike use them, they're incredibly helpful. Too many DYELs on Veeky Forums who don't know shit about weightlifting

kek.

If you don't do incline or flyes, you're asking for boob-pecs, which is hell I knew when I started out and never did incline. Always hit incline on chest day.

Calling flyes/crossovers a meme is pants on head retarded. Obv not as important as chest or something, but you should do them once every two weeks at least.

it hits the hammies way more than the quads, though that can change (to a very small degree, it is still a hamstring dominant movement) dependent on foot position

>women shouldn't work out their glutes

>MFW some faggot DYEL films a woman doing a common lift with a unique purpose
>MFW faggot thinks he's filming her be stupid when really the joke is him

Hip Bridges are an excellent way to train for grappling martial arts, the ability to hip bump large weights off yourself is a fundamental self defence move in all grappling martial arts

OP confirmed for DYEL skelly who wont make it

I've seen plenty of guys at my gym who aren't limited by glute strength the least in their squat, mostly quads, yeah.
So that 99% figure is pretty off.

The main reason why hip thrusts develop more glute hypertrophy than squats/deadlifts is because they load the glutes at the function they're strongest (hip hyperextension).

What you say holds for general hypertrophy, but I specifically asked if it would increase someone's squat/deadlift more.

i do agree that overdeveloped sternal pectorals are a distinct possibility, but come on.

also i clearly said to do incline if your upper chest is lacking (which your description would be)

i personally have an extremely underdeveloped clavicular pec, and currently am doing only incline.

i used to think all people needed to do lots of incline work (an idea shared by half natty greg o'gallagher), until i coached a man who had a chronically overdeveloped upper chest, and doing only decline and dips hardly even helped.

different trainees have different needs.

flyes are still retarded.
incline is great if you need it (not everyone does, i do, and it sounds like you do as well)

Ok, I agree with you then. Flyes are pretty fucking retarded.

i was suggesting instagram hos have less of a need for squatting than athletes and can utilize only hip thrusts.
i think you are 100000% terrible at diagnosing weak glutes.
>hey load the glutes at the function they're strongest
i am sure i mentioned hip thrusts having greater activation.

perhaps i should have said the two works "peak contraction" to satiate your autism.

i am willing to wager cash money that if you drove your hip thrust up, your other lifts would improve.

almost everyone i see at the gym has overdeveloped quad strength and SEVERELY underdeveloped glute strength.

i was generous when i said 99%

i hedged myself from saying 99.9% which imo is still accurate.

>two works
words*

I wanted to type a serious reply.
But your "autism" convinced me otherwise.

You're autism

You can't give yourself an ass by working out.

Pic related.