Whenever I jog for a period of time like 15-25 minutes, my left hip starts to hurt. It almost feels tight or something...

Whenever I jog for a period of time like 15-25 minutes, my left hip starts to hurt. It almost feels tight or something. I am not sure if it is my gludieus medius or my hip but I have some pain there. It is nothing bad it is just uncomfortable. Any idea how to fix this or why its happening?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wH5inK4WKXo?t=75
runnersconnect.net/running-injury-prevention/leg-length-discrepancy-running/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't jog. Aerobic exercise is shit anyway.

Uhh? Cardiovascular exercise is "shit"?

reevaluate form
tuck hips

Can you explain? Like lean forward more?

GFY

bump

If you feel tight, might as well try out some mobility exercises

avascular necrosis on hip

Sounds familiar.
Do muscles around your hip joint cramp?

Can you do the stretch as in the picture?
Try also raising your leg from the position laterally if possible and describe the feeling.

Also repeat this on the other side. Does it feel different?

Laterally is a bit painful and on the other side it doesn't feel as bad. Both close in pain levels though, difficult as well. And no I don't do that stretch but I just did for like 10 seconds and didn't feel anything

Ok, so there is a clear difference in mobility and pain between sides?

When raising the painful side laterally, try holding it in the air(or high as possible) for as long as you can. Does the pain turn into a cramping sensation?

Next, try rotating you leg as in the video, try maximizing the range of motion.
youtu.be/wH5inK4WKXo?t=75

Do both sides. Did you feel snapping on the more painful side?

Yes I think there's a bit of snapping on the left side which is the side I feel pain. No pain on the other side. And it only happens when I jog. It heals after 2-3 days

Are you me? Like seriously, I get pain in my left hip after a jog, and I can "snap" that side by rocking back and forth while putting my weight on that hip. The physio told me it's probably two tendons snapping against each other

Ok, I think you might have a slight "Leg Length Discrepancy".
Have you ever had this looked in school medical check-ups?

I have a 2-3mm discrepancy and my left hip cramps like crazy. Also running and lifting causes all stabilizing muscles to do overwork. I have to do lots of foam rolling and stretching.

You should read more on it and see if it could match your symptoms.

Here is a quick google for runners:
runnersconnect.net/running-injury-prevention/leg-length-discrepancy-running/

Yeah I went to a Chiro once and she said my leg leg is quite a big longer than my right one. I think she said that at least, either my left leg was bigger or right but I think it was my left.
And yeah I do have knee pain on that leg when I squat too so I don't squat. What can we do?

For lifting it's simple, use a heel lift. You have to make sure it's made of HARD material, though.

Do you have the chiro's analysis on paper? Don't guess, makes sure or you will fuck up your hips for good.

I'm not sure and no she just told me so no analysis. So you say the heel thing would fuck me up if I don't know for sure? I know one leg is fed longer than the other. What would happen if I keep jogging and don't fix it? Can I do other things or no

bump

bump

Bump

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

Potentially ITB syndrome. Just see a phsyio though